Community > Posts By > gazmo24601

gazmo24601's photo
Sat 11/21/09 11:45 AM
I guess he should have just used blood then.

gazmo24601's photo
Sat 11/21/09 11:26 AM

I read quite a bit about this a couple years ago

they carbon dated a shred of it about twenty years ago and determined that it was from mid 1200's or so. THEN they realized that the particular shred they dated was a piece that had been woven into the edge. prolly to repair some damage. Under a microscope you could see the difference in weave pattern

SO they got permission to test another piece from a different section. That was as of a year or so ago and the new results hadn't come in yet

also archeo-botanists examined some pollens that were trapped in the weave and determined that they were a type commen around jeruselam 2000 years ago

and scientists have tried to recreate the image imprinting using all kinds of techniques (xrays, laser, dying) and haven't been able to recreate the process

so I kinda believe that it IS real

Actually, an Italian scientist did recreate it. Search CNN for "Shroud of Turin recreated" and you'll see an article from several months ago. The article doesn't question religion, just the cloth itself.

gazmo24601's photo
Thu 07/31/08 11:01 PM
I usually aim for a girl to connect with my personality and then go from there. Attraction either happens or doesn't and that's all how things just are meant to be.

Prejudging too heavy leaves you with a sense that the 'perfect' person has to meet a certain criteria. When in reality, having criteria as rediculously high as that means when that person changes his or her mind, they are unable to care about the flaws of the person they are with and write them off as 'a bad match.' Funny how fickle and hypocritical some people are, huh?

gazmo24601's photo
Mon 02/18/08 05:32 PM
They're just too immature to take responsibility of their actions and thus will screw up again and again until they run out of people to potentially be happy with. Sucks to be them. Glad I'm not them.

gazmo24601's photo
Sat 01/19/08 10:37 PM
I am new to the whole online dating thing but, hey, gotta start somewhere. So hi everyone! :wink:

gazmo24601's photo
Sat 01/19/08 10:09 PM
Edited by gazmo24601 on Sat 01/19/08 10:10 PM

yo why you keep stalking me are you like gay if you are go ****ing hell

You may want to ease up on the gender preference bashing first off. Most of the girls I know aim for compassion as a desirable trait. That is, unless, you are looking for some girl who also gender preference bashes.