Community > Posts By > APOLLO_100

APOLLO_100's photo
Wed 03/25/20 05:32 PM
My philosophical bent is heavily Nietschean. I agree that the true motivator of everything is what Nietzshe termed the Will to Power and, essentially, this is the true nature of reality. Power is the only non-derivative, not pleasure and pain as the utilitarians surmise. We receive pleasure (naturally) when we act in ways in accordance with nature's laws and extend our power through as much space as possible but we encounter other entities along the way with the same aim. Pain is a little more nuanced as sometimes pain can strengthen the animal other times it causes it to become weaker. But to slightly over simplify, natural pleasure is typically a side effect or adaptation if you like resulting from successful efforts to survive and thrive in nature and pain is caused by an organism's maladaptive survival strategies. Survive and thrive is the first rule of all life. Organizations form, and symbiotic or master-servant relationships established, as some are weaker and must trade some service to the master for the protection, shelter, and what have you. These heirarchical expressions in are as fundamental to the universe as gravity or electomagnatism. I have to leave off for now as I have to go serve the master ( work )

This world is the will to power- and nothing besides! And even you yourselves are this will to power- and nothing besides!

APOLLO_100's photo
Wed 03/25/20 05:29 PM
My philosophical bent is heavily Nietschean. I agree that the true motivator of everything is what Nietzshe termed the Will to Power and, essentially, this is the true nature of reality. Power is the only non-derivative, not pleasure and pain as the utilitarians surmise. We receive pleasure (naturally) when we act in ways in accordance with nature's laws and extend our power through as much space as possible but we encounter other entities along the way with the same aim. Pain is a little more nuanced as sometimes pain can strengthen the animal other times it causes it to become weaker. But to slightly over simplify, natural pleasure is typically a side effect or adaptation if you like resulting from successful efforts to survive and thrive in nature and pain is caused by an organism's maladaptive survival strategies. Survive and thrive is the first rule of all life. Organizations form, and symbiotic or master-servant relationships established, as some are weaker and must trade some service to the master for the protection, shelter, and what have you. These heirarchical expressions in are as fundamental to the universe as gravity or electomagnatism. I have to leave off for now as I have to go serve the master ( work )

APOLLO_100's photo
Wed 03/25/20 03:49 AM

APOLLO_100's photo

APOLLO_100's photo