no photo
Sat 05/26/12 10:28 AM
Edited by xionki on Sat 05/26/12 10:29 AM
my mistake i corrected my self if you would care to check again Conrad_73oops

no photo
Sat 05/26/12 10:23 AM
Edited by xionki on Sat 05/26/12 10:27 AM
hello

just read your post here and felt it to be wrong i must say.
you have used the term "in context".
now i do not have the time, patience ,desire or need to slug out the details and specifics of the 50 or so points that have mentioned here. personally i stopped reading after the first 4. but going by the gist of the text i do understand this:
1. the person who wrote this has a grudge of some sorts against jesus or god for that matter possibly against religion itself due to some personal tragedy or circumstance.its understandable bad things do happen in life and you need a place to put the blame and possibly guilt. its quite alright.
2. the author has only read the bible but not tried to understand it meaning.call it the big picture,reading between the lines whatever you wish it.

i know i'm been a bit long winded here so ill finally cut short to my main points that the author's understanding of the bible is based purely on the textual part not the spiritual understanding of it.
i am not angry just sad that it has been treated as a mere book than a religious text which could help you become a better person possibly. and i speak regarding not only the bible but all religious text e.g|: the holy quran and the bhagwad gita.

all such texts are free to interpretation by the reader hence the responsibility as such also falls on the reader : will he/she use it to better themselves and those around them or vice versa cause harm.

as i have said before i am not arguing that the author is wrong just that the person is looking at it from a different perspective. everyone has their own way of looking at matters hence people should not force their views on others like has been done her by asking people to hate.
the author could have just presented the relevant parts of the scriptures and asked those interested to present their views on it.
anyway i do hope you will take my post in a positive sense and it helps you in some way.

ps: isnt this a dating site why are we discussing relegion here lol