Community > Posts By > the_wizard67

the_wizard67's photo
Thu 09/03/09 06:41 AM
Just as a note about IE, you don't have to keep it up and running. If firefox dies and you need to revert back to IE to fix things, just go to your windows components and reinstall IE. It is never really gone from your computer, even though some of us would like to do that at times.

the_wizard67's photo
Thu 09/03/09 05:23 AM
Call it what it is. I am one that if the shoe fits I will certainly put it on, so don't hold back.

the_wizard67's photo
Thu 03/05/09 07:37 AM
I have a music player that I am trying to use on a website and I want it to have an infinite loop, but I can't seem to get it to play more than once. Here is the code that I am working with.

<SCRIPT src="http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/music/swfobject.js" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type="text/javascript">var s1 = new SWFObject("http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/music/player.swf","player","200","20","9"); s1.addParam("allowfullscreen","true"); s1.addParam("allowscriptaccess","always"); s1.addParam("flashvars","file=http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/custommusic2/bmhoward.mp3&autostart=true", loop="infinite"); s1.write("preview");

I loop section does seem to be being read, but it doesn't help. I am sure it is just a syntax issue or location, but I am stuck.

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:58 PM

*Sighs* Not everybody attaches the same meaning to a phrase. Expecting somebody else to answer this for you is not going to work. Besides, it sounds to me like you just want confirmation of what you believe you already know.

Many people lie. A few are completely honest. Others tell some version of the truth. That's the way of the world. You are on the wrong planet if you're expecting honesty all the time. Unfortunately, it is not the way of this world. Buck up and deal with it. Or not. I'm done here. Good luck. drinker

Maybe you are right I ask too much for simply asking for honesty. I much be part of a race that is on the brink of extinction because I do beilieve in honesty. Honest men have only no longer exist, because we as mean chose to not do the right thing because it is the right thing to do. We however, have chosen the path of least resistance and lie whenever it is convenient to us. I am not nieve nor am I inocent, but I do believe that noone is forced to lie, we just choose to do it. If we all wanted that world to exist again, then we would need only to simply start living our lives as a whole like that again and it would be revived. I suppose your question to that would be what are you getting out of it that is worth you doing it? The answer in my opinion is your dignity and pride. Do those things really have so little value to everyone?

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:42 PM

Why don't you ask them in a nice way what they meant?

Come on we all now how that goes. You nothing but echoes. You are expected to just know, which is why my country butt is here asking question about this city game on the net. Someone out there knows the answer, but will they tell me or any of us?

How can you expect someone to speak for anybody else? You, like so many others, seek the magic bullet. It doesn't exist.

I wouldn't really say that I am looking for a magic bullet, just wondering if those phrases or maybe just the word cute is used on here to just politely saying something that a particular person doesn't think you want to hear or maybe can handle? Honesty seems to be something that is either almost impossible or already is impossible to find on here.

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:36 PM

ok maybe I didn't ask the question well enough. I am not trying to validate myself and I am sure that several will argue that point, but what I was asking is this, in your oppinion are they saying this because it might be true or ar they just saying to try and be nice and really mean something totally different?

Oh I think he is really adorable...drool flowers drool

laugh I think I scared him.:tongue:

You didn't scare me, why would you think that?

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:18 PM

Why don't you ask them in a nice way what they meant?

Come on we all now how that goes. You nothing but echoes. You are expected to just know, which is why my country butt is here asking question about this city game on the net. Someone out there knows the answer, but will they tell me or any of us?

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:06 PM

ok maybe I didn't ask the question well enough. I am not trying to validate myself and I am sure that several will argue that point, but what I was asking is this, in your oppinion are they saying this because it might be true or ar they just saying to try and be nice and really mean something totally different?
To be nice.

If they are just trying to be nice and don't really mean a bit of it then that is fine to, I was just wondering what it meant. I would really like to know what these people are seeing that is making them say something like that, but I don't expect to find that out.

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:05 PM

The_Wizard67 is right though. I even admit to telling a guy he is cute when really he is not so his feelings are not hurt. They usually wont say hot or gorgeous or yummy. You know? So I completely understand where you are coming from. And btw you are handsome. Not cute and Im not saying that to hurt your feelings. ; )

Well thanks, I was just wanting to get some honest opinions even if they are negative in nater. I am a big boy and I can handle the truth. That is why we all do this on the net anyhow right, so that we can hide and have no need of being scared of hurting someone's feelings?

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 06:03 PM

the_wizard67's photo
Sun 03/01/09 05:55 PM
I have been told many times lately that my profile is cute or just that I am cute. I really don't get the impression that they mean it in a good way, but I am going to cross my fingers and hope that someone on here isn't afraid the be honest with me. Thanks to all that waste their time doing this when they could do so much more.

the_wizard67's photo
Tue 02/17/09 12:53 PM

I do not have the answer to your question, but if you have time, please consider this:

Microsoft and the rest of the software industry have forced people to learn their software without learning the code itself.

It is easier, faster, and better designed if you code it youself (and if that is something you do on a regular basis). Do not be a slave to the latest programmer's whim to move a button or menu bar to a place no one can find it.

I believe that I was trying to find the right way to do it first and then the most efficient way. I agree that more people should learn the code for the back end of things, but we all have to start somewhere.

the_wizard67's photo
Thu 02/12/09 02:29 PM
I finally figured it out. I had to use the DECODE keyword and then add up the boolean results. Thanks to all that tried to assist me.

the_wizard67's photo
Thu 02/12/09 01:19 PM
Here is what I have been able to come up with so far, but it isn't there yet. I need for the columns to actually list the total number hired in a specific year, but it breaks down the numbers in rows instead.

SQL> select count(total.hiredate), count(worker.hiredate)
from emp total, emp worker
where worker.hiredate>'01-MAY-81'
and total.hiredate=worker.hiredate;

COUNT(TOTAL.HIREDATE) COUNT(WORKER.HIREDATE)
--------------------- ----------------------
11 11

SQL> select count(total.hiredate), count(worker.hiredate)
2 from emp total, emp worker
3 where worker.hiredate>'01-MAY-81'
4 and total.hiredate=worker.hiredate
5 group by total.hiredate, worker.hiredate;

COUNT(TOTAL.HIREDATE) COUNT(WORKER.HIREDATE)
--------------------- ----------------------
1 1
1 1
1 1
1 1
4 4
1 1
1 1
1 1

8 rows selected.

the_wizard67's photo
Thu 02/12/09 01:17 PM

SQL> describe emp;
Name Null? Type
----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
EMPNO NOT NULL NUMBER(4)
ENAME VARCHAR2(10)
JOB VARCHAR2(9)
MGR NUMBER(4)
HIREDATE DATE
SAL NUMBER(7,2)
COMM NUMBER(7,2)
DEPTNO NOT NULL NUMBER(2)

SQL> select *
2 from emp;

EMPNO ENAME JOB MGR HIREDATE SAL COMM
---------- ---------- --------- ---------- --------- ---------- ----------
DEPTNO
----------
7839 KING PRESIDENT 17-NOV-81 5000

7698 BLAKE MANAGER 7839 01-MAY-81 2850

7782 CLARK MANAGER 7839 09-JUN-81 2450

DEPTNO
----------
7566 JONES MANAGER 7839 02-APR-81 2975

7654 MARTIN SALESMAN 7698 28-SEP-81 1250 1400

7499 ALLEN SALESMAN 7698 20-FEB-81 1600 300

DEPTNO
----------
7844 TURNER SALESMAN 7698 08-SEP-81 1500 0

7900 JAMES CLERK 7698 03-DEC-81 950

7521 WARD SALESMAN 7698 22-FEB-81 1250 500

DEPTNO
----------
7902 FORD ANALYST 7566 03-DEC-81 3000

7369 SMITH CLERK 7902 17-DEC-80 800

7788 SCOTT ANALYST 7566 09-DEC-82 3000

DEPTNO
----------
7876 ADAMS CLERK 7788 12-JAN-83 1100

7934 MILLER CLERK 7782 23-JAN-82 1300

14 rows selected.

the_wizard67's photo
Thu 02/12/09 06:47 AM
That is the exact way that I am trying to attach the problem, but I can't seem to figure out how to set up different columns that have essentially the same information in it. I thought about trying to set up aliases and that works to a point, but when I go down and do my where statement to filter out say all of the none 2009 entries it filters out that info out of all of the columns and not just the one.

the_wizard67's photo
Tue 02/10/09 04:38 PM
i am trying to use the count function to count the number of people that where hired in different years, but I am having trouble getting it to seperate the different items that I need. I need for it to tell me how many employees that I have in one column and then in the next couple of columns tell me how many were hired in a particular year. I can get one or the other to work, but when I filter the results it also filter the total number of employees to. I am using Oracle9 I believe if that helps.

the_wizard67's photo
Sat 02/07/09 05:12 PM
It all sounds pretty good, but as one said you do have some grammar issues. Let me help you a little, I think that this is what you were trying to say; "I can offer a lot to the right man, I am a great cook and listener, I am smart, have a good sense of humor and I like to dance. That's about all for now if you would like to know more feel free to ask."

I personally hate it when people say that you need to change something, but don't try to point it out to you. What is really the point of saying that there is a problem but not saying what it is?

Anyhow I don't have any kids of my own, but I would certainly love to know more about you.

the_wizard67's photo
Sat 02/07/09 02:59 PM
Thanks, that is my small one.

the_wizard67's photo
Sat 02/07/09 05:30 AM
Actually I was cutting him loose. He had been playing and wanted to be taped up, but was now ready to get out of it so I was giving him a hand.

Previous 1 3