Community > Posts By > Grover47

Grover47's photo
Thu 02/21/08 08:17 PM

There's only one thing you need, my friend. And it's my answer to all of life's problems. PIZZA!

Yes, Good Old New York Style Pizza, (read my profile), yum!

Grover47's photo
Thu 02/21/08 08:05 PM

extremely well written rant grover, well said and very true.flowerforyou

Thank you for listening & you too Brendaflowerforyou

Grover47's photo
Thu 02/21/08 07:45 PM
I am not sure where it started or where it may end. Friends, lovers or friends who are lovers. I love my friends and I am sure that my friends love me. But why do I feel so alone? Is it because I have no family or is it because my true friends are not close? Maybe it is because I really do not have any "real" friends. I haven’t the answer. I feel the love from my long distance friends but I want to give them a hug but I can’t. I was once in love with a friend and our relationship lasted 13 years and now it’s gone and I do feel empty at most times. I do know that I am an honest and caring person, so why can’t I find love? I get along with most people; I am not pushy or clingy. I think that it is because I am too selective, yes, too selective. Isn’t it OK to be “too” selective? I know what I want and what I am looking for in a friend and lover and I will not settle for less. I will die a lonely death if it requires settling. I have a lot to offer to anyone and I am not just giving it away. Yes I have made my mistakes in past relationships but that is part of the learning experience of life and God knows that I have learned about life, women and relationships. In my quest to find my soul mate I have seen, “Are all of the good men taken?”, or “Where are all of the good men”, we are here, just open your eyes and look. Be open to change, relocate, date interracially or be willing to date someone older or younger than you or with children.
I just needed to rant here and talk to my computer because I haven’t anyone else to talk to. Thank you to my friends for listening. I send much love to you all and have a wonderful and spectacular night, with lots of love, Grover

Grover47's photo
Fri 02/15/08 10:36 AM
Since I can cook anything, I would go for cooking. It allows my style and creative side to shine. If I did not know how to cook well, then I would opt for a nice resturant. You really excite a woman if you can cook her favorite meal better than she has ever had it before.

Grover47's photo
Wed 02/13/08 04:49 PM
I'm hurting inside, no one to talk to,
to talk this mood through with,
I am used to this solitary introspection
but it still hurts.

After all this time of being alone,
all the months, seasons, since she left me
I still don't get used to the loneliness.

Shouldn't it be enough that I was loved by her
for a brief moment in time, wasn't I held close
in her heart, didn't I feel the joy that only love
can inspire, weren't we one, if only for one long
afternoon, weren't we?

The familiar torrent of distant memories only
brings me home where my dreams unravel and
my sleep is fitful
to this empty place where only I live.

No friend's laughter to cheer me up,
nor a sparkle in the mirror when I look at me
no love crackling in my veins
or passion kindling my heart.

I truly miss the strength that one can only get
from a human touch.
Sometimes the wanting feeling is a bit much.

I try to be strong and look for love everywhere,
But the women I like don't seem to care.
The loneliness is so hard to endure day after day,
The feeling of built up love to give, but give to whom?

I have let go of my past but where is my future?
Is she really out there waiting for me?
Or am I doomed to a life of loneliness?
I feel so alone, comfortless and cold.
Grover.

Grover47's photo
Wed 02/13/08 02:14 AM
Your profile is nice, and you decided to tell us something about you and your personality. (So many people do not). I would only change your default picture, granted it's cute but does not show you in your best light. As a first impression,I was not impressed. When I did look at your profile however I was impressed enough to read and look further as well as write this. Please look and rate my profile, thanksdrinker

Grover47's photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:59 PM

Grover...thanks for giving us your heart. And for those who care, it will be well taken care of. Just know, that true enough, as you give your heart, it will be received. I know from reading your profile that you have a well-rounded life and you are not seeking pity - just sharing what you have and that is GREAT!

I accept your message...to take care and show care to those we love - tomorrow is not promised.:heart:

Thanks for the reminder.flowerforyou

Aaahh, thanks, so nice, Thank you

Grover47's photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:50 PM

Trust me, a writer does not get this very often from me.

Very nice.

Thank you :smile:

Grover47's photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:40 PM

I will be alone again this V-Day and it still hurts

You don't have to be alone, go visit someone else. Anyone you know that may be alone. Male, Female it doesn't matter, you may brighten each other's lives even if it just for a brief moment in time. Do it and you may just have fun!flowerforyou

Grover47's photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:31 PM

Dude Please dont think this gay or anything like it, but what you said is so true and you are one of the few men out there that leave us with a good name, redemption in the eyes of women. Kudos to you. We are truely a dying breed of fellows. I myself will be at sea with the Canadian Navy and missing my daughter, (her mother and I aren't together been 7 years now) but she's gonna wake up to flowers and chocolaits knowing they're from here dad (good to have good neighbours, she's at their place for the 3 weeks I'm gone) So I leave you, Grover and the rest of you readers with this, Surround yourself with love and give it freely and life can't help but be beautiful, even with out that romantic love we all seem to stive for, for even that will come. Love makes us happy and people like happy people, their easier to love.

TJ

WOW,thank you TJ:smile:

Grover47's photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:19 PM
Two years ago I could not have imagined being alone. I grew up in my parent’s household. I went to school, became an adult. I dated and while still living at my parent’s home, I met a young lady and we had a child, all while still living at home. We eventually parted and I soon after entered into a 7 plus year relationship with who was to become my daughter’s mother. We did move out on our own and lived a few of those 7 years together before we decided to dissolve our relationship.

A few short weeks after our split I met the woman who became my 1st and only wife and a 13-year relationship ensued. I had never been alone and I had never experienced the pain and loneliness or the discomfort of not having anyone to talk to or to touch, to kiss or make love to. I had watched my father suffer in this discomfort and pain after my mom died. They were married for 31 years before she suddenly died leaving him alone to live in the home that the 3 of us had lived in so long. I saw him cry uncontrollably and there was nothing that I could do to help him. I felt sorry for him but I really did not know what he was experiencing. His pain was so great that he; a healthy man died 3 years later.

I was my parent’s only child. I had my daughter’s mom to comfort me and give me the emotional support needed to carry on. I have lost both of my parents now but I was not alone. I had 2 uncles that had lived colorful and vibrant lives and both ended up alone and passing away from a lonely life. I was happy that I had a life long partner and would not suffer the same demise, so I thought.

I write this brief but true story because Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and I am alone, sad but still vibrant. During this time of year, we need to look within our hearts and pay a visit to our lonely relatives, friends and neighbors. It could make a world of difference in their lives. There are many ways to show love, many ways to show that we care. It just may add another year to someone’s life.

My wife and I relocated 2700 miles from where we both grew up and there isn’t any family to visit me nor do I have any friends that care. My wife didn’t die, she decided one day 17 months ago to just up and leave without any warning while I was at work. I will be alone this Valentine’s Day. I don’t write this for anyone to feel sorry for me because even though I am lonely, I am high in spirits and vitality. I am not depressed. I write this for all those lonely men and women that need your presence so that they may live another year and feel the love that once graced their hearts. I myself will grace some lonely soul with my presence with the attempt to give some love to them that I so desire.

So my friends here on Just Sat Hi, please remember those that are unfortunate to not have someone to love and bestow them with a few minutes of your time. You will be blessed because you have made a pleasant difference in someone’s life. Have a great day and thanks for reading. Grover

Grover47's photo
Sun 02/10/08 10:38 PM
Two years ago I could not have imagined being alone. I grew up in my parent’s household. I went to school, became an adult. I dated and while still living at my parent’s home, I met a young lady and we had a child, all while still living at home. We eventually parted and I soon after entered into a 7 plus year relationship with who was to become my daughter’s mother. We did move out on our own and lived a few of those 7 years together before we decided to dissolve our relationship.

A few short weeks after our split I met the woman who became my 1st and only wife and a 13-year relationship ensued. I had never been alone and I had never experienced the pain and loneliness or the discomfort of not having anyone to talk to or to touch, to kiss or make love to. I had watched my father suffer in this discomfort and pain after my mom died. They were married for 31 years before she suddenly died leaving him alone to live in the home that the 3 of us had lived in so long. I saw him cry uncontrollably and there was nothing that I could do to help him. I felt sorry for him but I really did not know what he was experiencing. His pain was so great that he; a healthy man died 3 years later.

I was my parent’s only child. I had my daughter’s mom to comfort me and give me the emotional support needed to carry on. I have lost both of my parents now but I was not alone. I had 2 uncles that had lived colorful and vibrant lives and both ended up alone and passing away from a lonely life. I was happy that I had a life long partner and would not suffer the same demise, so I thought.

I write this brief but true story because Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and I am alone, sad but still vibrant. During this time of year, we need to look within our hearts and pay a visit to our lonely relatives, friends and neighbors. It could make a world of difference in their lives. There are many ways to show love, many ways to show that we care. It just may add another year to someone’s life.

My wife and I relocated 2700 miles from where we both grew up and there isn’t any family to visit me nor do I have any friends that care. My wife didn’t die, she decided one day 17 months ago to just up and leave without any warning while I was at work. I will be alone this Valentine’s Day. I don’t write this for anyone to feel sorry for me because even though I am lonely, I am high in spirits and vitality. I am not depressed. I write this for all those lonely men and women that need your presence so that they may live another year and feel the love that once graced their hearts. I myself will grace some lonely soul with my presence with the attempt to give some love to them that I so desire.

So my friends here on Just Sat Hi, please remember those that are unfortunate to not have someone to love and bestow them with a few minutes of your time. You will be blessed because you have made a pleasant difference in someone’s life. Have a great day and thanks for reading. Grover

Grover47's photo
Sun 02/10/08 09:38 AM

Two years ago I could not have imagined being alone. I grew up in my parent’s household. I went to school, became an adult. I dated and while still living at my parent’s home, I met a young lady and we had a child, all while living at home. We eventually parted and I soon after entered into a 7 plus year relationship with who was to become my daughter’s mother. We did move out on our own and lived a few of those 7 years together before we decided to dissolve our relationship.

I was my parent’s only child. I had my daughter’s mom to comfort me and give me the emotional support needed to carry on. I have lost both of my parents now but I was not alone. I had 2 uncles that had lived a colorful and vibrant lives and both ended up alone and passing away from a lonely life. I was happy that I had a life long partner and would not suffer the same demise, so I thought.

So my friends here on Just Say Hi, please remember those that are unfortunate to not have someone to love and bestow them with a few minutes of your time. You will be blessed because you have made a pleasant difference in someone’s life. Have a great day and thanks for reading. Grover

flowerforyou I try to do that everydayflowerforyou Its a shame to me that I dont live closer to some of these lovley women on JSHohwell

Oh yes,so true Mirror, I have met quite a few lovely women on here but as you said, I wish I lived closer to them.drinker

Grover47's photo
Sun 02/10/08 09:08 AM
Two years ago I could not have imagined being alone. I grew up in my parent’s household. I went to school, became an adult. I dated and while still living at my parent’s home, I met a young lady and we had a child, all while living at home. We eventually parted and I soon after entered into a 7 plus year relationship with who was to become my daughter’s mother. We did move out on our own and lived a few of those 7 years together before we decided to dissolve our relationship.

I was my parent’s only child. I had my daughter’s mom to comfort me and give me the emotional support needed to carry on. I have lost both of my parents now but I was not alone. I had 2 uncles that had lived a colorful and vibrant lives and both ended up alone and passing away from a lonely life. I was happy that I had a life long partner and would not suffer the same demise, so I thought.

So my friends here on Just Say Hi, please remember those that are unfortunate to not have someone to love and bestow them with a few minutes of your time. You will be blessed because you have made a pleasant difference in someone’s life. Have a great day and thanks for reading. Grover

Grover47's photo
Sun 02/10/08 08:10 AM
Yeah, NASCAR rules! Plus he led more laps than any one has at that track! Go Dale Jr.

Grover47's photo
Sat 02/09/08 06:59 PM
just a little curious. Since we have been adults or all of our lives?

Grover47's photo
Sat 02/09/08 06:26 PM

welcome back dear!!! Nice to see one nice man in here again...

thank youflowerforyou

Grover47's photo
Sat 02/09/08 06:25 PM

you did a great job!
Impressive!

Thank you so much for the complement.:smile:

Grover47's photo
Sat 02/09/08 06:19 PM
Thank you to everyone for the warm greetings.

Grover47's photo
Sat 02/09/08 06:10 PM
Hello everyone, I have not been on in about 3 days and wanted to say hello to everyone. I did update my profile and I welcome all friend requests. I wish everyone a wonderful evening and please take the time to look at and read my profile. I did take the time to write something meaningful and I hope interesting. I am single and looking for a date:smile: I do look forward to conversing with some of the nice people here, take care, Grover

Previous 1 3