no photo
Wed 07/25/12 06:21 PM
It is pictures like that, keeping women terrified to enter a gym. This chick uses steroids, women are incapable of naturally achieving this muscle growth. We all need muscle to support our skeletal system, but they don't need to be huge. Weight bearing exercise also increases bone growth, important factor for both sexes. I'd be curious to know how many breast implants this chick has blown out during bench presses.

no photo
Tue 07/24/12 01:49 PM
Training someone for competition isn't rocket science, in fact its all about muscle size and symmetry. There really is no strength involved nor making sure the body is balanced internally. Those gorillas have basically no core and can't even pull themselves up over a chin up bar. You might want to ask yourself if your trainer is so great, why is he now training you, not the next Mr America ? Better yet ask him that question.

no photo
Mon 07/23/12 10:50 AM
What scares me is the " online certification " courses, I ran across a guy who thought you could increase the number of fibers in a muscle through hypertrophy. They have no practicum testing or regulation and indeed as you mentioned could not of trained a day in their life.

I have been certified for 2 years ( training for 4 ) and I have most of the basics covered but there is training techniques and nutrition science, that I will be forever learning and putting into my own programs. Even above I should of said " static " contraction raises blood pressure significantly, some of the jargon gets lost when you don't use it all the time.

no photo
Sun 07/22/12 06:37 PM
Planks are an isometric contraction against gravity, which increases blood pressure. I would actually nix those altogether. Kind of surprised you can do those without pain ? You could do glut bridges or leg raises for core or one that doesn't involve upper body contraction.

no photo
Sun 07/22/12 06:29 PM
As a safety precaution, not to dismiss anyone else's contributions, push ups use 65 % of your body weight, not recommended with 10 pound limit.

no photo
Sun 07/22/12 06:27 PM
Oh, like a pic line. Your doctors advised training with a needle in your vein ? I honestly have not run across this before. If you have a ten pound limit then mostly lower body, body weight only training.

You could add a 10 pound vertical( shoulder ) press with a squat/lunge

10 pound horizontal( chest ) press or row.

Lateral deltoid raises

Frontal deltoid raises

Rear deltoid raise

You can use lower body split stance squat with cable row

side plank with cable row, bird dog with dumb bell row.

Not likely to see muscle growth and depending on what level you were at previously it may not even stave off muscle loss, but its better than sitting on the couch ? Best of luck :)

no photo
Sun 07/22/12 06:05 PM
Do you mean abscess ? If you have an infection within your body of any type, physical exercise is not recommended. The body is under enough stress already trying to heal.

There was a line earlier in this thread where you stated " I can't believe muscle turns to fat so quickly ". Muscle and fat are not interchangeable, two separate tissues. What happens to most people is they stop training ( removing the metabolic demand ) but continue to eat as though they are training, which causes weight gain.

Hopefully you will be recovered soon and able to start retraining !

Best regards

no photo
Sun 07/22/12 08:57 AM
T Nation has video's for every exercise. The program you follow should be reflective of your specific goals. So without that, I can't suggest exercises but a basic program might look like this

Horizontal push/pull ( 2x per week )
Vertical push/pull ( 1 - 2 x per week )
Knee dominant such as squat/unilateral leg work such as lunge ( 1-2 x per week )
Hip dominant such as dead lift or hip thrusts ( 2 x per week )

You can add a core exercise if you have time such as plank or superman. It is advised to have your core assessed prior to find the level you need to start with.

Of course the amount of reps/sets/frequency of each exercise is again dependent on your goals. It is best to mix days of low/medium/high intensity in the week. If lifting light with high reps consistently your wasting your time, on the other end lifting heavy consistently will over tax your nervous system. Balance is key in a program AND I do need to mention that working ANY muscle group on a daily basis is not recommended.

B.C.R.P.A certified
C.F.E.S certified
A.C.E certified

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 10:40 AM
When a woman is ideal weight, it not only reflects physically but is a statement of character also. It is NOT easy to keep ones weight in check in this society BUT there are some traits within oneself that are evident when you can. Such as unselfishness in the sense that you don't want to be a burden on the healthcare system or your fellow man when you need to take up 2 seats on the bus. Keeping your weight ideal indicates a sense the person has discipline in their life. So there is more to being in this condition than ego, but obviously looking good is not a bad bonus of your efforts. For me its about health and refusing to put toxins in my body ( junk or processed foods ) in return I am free to wear mostly whatever I want, without worrying if a fat roll is hanging out. This being said MEN should be subject to the same standards, they certainly are in my eyes.

no photo
Wed 07/18/12 10:39 AM
Nice example.

Here is an understanding of the type of fat in muscles, which was kind of what I was after.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_adipose_tissue

no photo
Sat 07/14/12 07:14 AM
I would be interested in reading your scientific evidence regarding muscle tissue containing fat.

no photo
Mon 07/02/12 06:17 PM
Persons on transit wearing back packs

People who walk and text