Community > Posts By > allenduhon

allenduhon's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:23 PM

i dont have a cell phone or i pod at 43 and am proud of it.hi tec stuff makes me sick:tongue:

I'm 43 too and I embrace all technology, I'd rather know what people are talking about from experience rather than be voice my opinion when I know nothing about the topic. I've had a smart phone since handspring had a sprint module that would slide in the back of their visor (palm pilot clone, since bought by palm) I had the first treo 300, the 600 and the 650, I decided to go with the centro for the faster network and more storage space. I use the calendar constantly for appointments for myself and my mother. I'm disabled so anything to help my old brain is great to me. just my opinion, I was hoping to get feedback from people who have the phone and their experiences using it.

allenduhon's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:16 PM
Sorry guys, It's a 2 gig chip and it has 248 megs on the board. I wasn't watching when I started typing.

allenduhon's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:13 PM
I agree about grisoft, if you must use a windows machine, I'm a mac guy, AVG is the way to go for antivirus and antispam. I've had lots of friends and relatives call me wanting me to fix their new computers that are so slow. The problem is usually mcafee or norton. Uninstall that, installed avg and presto triple the speed. Not sure what the problem is with the others, but my sister had viruses galore on her home computer, I uninstalled norton as it obviously wasn't doing it's job, installed avg free and she's been virtually virus free ever since. Just a happy user, not a sales rep. I use norton on my powerbook and it doesn't cause any of the problems pc users have. Oh well, such is life.

allenduhon's photo
Tue 01/22/08 11:06 PM
I just got mine from the UPS guy today and am in love. It's smaller and lighter than my 650 and has more storage and a faster processor. I got a 2 meg chip for it and have downloaded a bunch of books and music onto it. I've heard complaints about the small keyboard and palm moved some stuff around, but they do that every time they come out with a new smartphone. I wish they would embrace some of the wireless stereo technology so I could listen to my music and answer my phone with my headset. frustrating that the only smartphone with the bluetooth stereo is a win machine. I'm a mac guy and love palm for the ease of operation and the speed of the interface, but I want something new. Any Ideas or comments,

allenduhon's photo
Tue 01/22/08 10:58 PM
loved him in brokeback mountain, knights tale and others. Early reports are drug overdose. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.