Community > Posts By > looking4us2

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 03:16 PM
I wish I had the secret! I can say in my case if I am truly interested in a relationship with someone I make it a point to open up to them.
It makes me vulnerable to being hurt but I want them to KNOW I am sincere. And I am not going to change.
See how they talk to you. Not just about the every day things. That of course is important. But see if they open up to you. What makes them happy, What has hurt them and made them cry?

I have found people that I have developed a deep friendship with. I have shared their joys and cried with them too when things were bad.
I know it has been over said but the best relationship are based on great friendships. And they take an emotional investment too.

I don't know if this makes any sense. or helps. But I hope it does.
Wes

wes, thank you for the compliments. any advice on how to make the swamp a little less wet and muddy along the way?
link, don't think that way!!

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 03:06 PM
Tracy,

I am far from an expert at love. I read your profile and looked at your pictures. There is nothing wrong with any of it.

There are a lot of people who say one thing in their profile. And want something completely different.

They seem to put what they think people want to here and not the truth.
Stick with the truth about you.

You are very attractive and from reading your post and profile you seem very intelligent to me.

It is a shame to have to wade through the swamp to find the treasure.
But there are guys who would be more then willing to try and make you happy and treat you right.

Wes

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 10:05 AM
Spending money on someone does not prove love. And proving love does not have to cost a dime.

Some of the most romantic and meaningful moments I have had were just being with a someone and the look in their eyes and their touch spoke volumes.

There is certainly nothing wrong with a Valentines gift. But it is certainly not a reflection of how loved you are.

A phone call or email if they cannot be with you means as much or more.

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:53 AM
I am glad to see there are people on here that are open minded and willing to take a chance with someone who has a challenge to deal with.
I have found that in some cases people with disabilities care some of the most caring people I have met. Perhaps dealing with what they do makes them more compassionate.

Wes

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 07:51 AM
South West Indiana here.
Would love to make some local friends!
Wes

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 07:27 AM
First I want to say he is BLIND! You do not need to change for anyone! You are beautiful ( I mean look at those eyes!) and he is no man.
A MAN would have shown you respect. If you want to change anything in your life it should be because YOU want to for YOU.

No one has the right to treat someone they way that... Thing treated you.

You dodged a bullet. And he shot himself in the foot. And it is a shame he didn't shoot himself a little higher!

He is not worth your time or anger. Just pity the fool and move on to someone who will treat you like you deserve.

Wes

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 07:12 AM
There is a great amount of truth in what you are saying. And it makes me sick too.
I cannot imagine leaving a child because of that. But as you say it could be better for the child then if they stayed.
A heart breaking situation....

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 06:50 AM
I do agree it should be taken into consideration. And it does not mean that the person is a bad person if they cannot handle being with someone with a disability. Far better to not get started if they are not going to be able to handle it.

Better disappointment now then heartbreak later. I do hope that people who have not thought about it will read this thread and consider what it means to be with a disabled person.
They need to look in their heart.

One point I made when talking with someone I did date for a while was that if they were in a relationship and something happened to their partner, a disease or accident. and their partner became disabled. Would they stick around? And of course they said they would.
Well this can happen at any time to anyone. I had no clue I would have this happen to me.

I really do appreciate all the kind words and support. It means a lot. And it shows there are people on here with a good heart.
Wes

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 06:39 AM

Don't give up Wes....there are many of us that have a disablity of some sort. But it's a disablity of the body not the heart and soul. Good luck, Candyflowerforyou

I would never argue with a nurse... Especially such a pretty one! Thanks!

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 06:31 AM
Melissa,

I do appreciate what you are saying. My Mother has Lupus and it gets very tough for her at times. Shoot it gets tough for her MOST of the time.

I truly wish you all the best dealing with it. You seem to have a positive attitude about life and I know that makes a HUGE difference!
Take care,
Wes

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 06:27 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I am dealing with it as best I can. And it has taught me a lot about what is important. Or rather reinforced what I always knew was important.

I do make sure to tell anyone that I talk to that might be someone I could get involved with about my MS. It is the right thing to do.
Some have freaked out. Some are mature enough to handle it. But They need to know.
Wes

looking4us2's photo
Wed 02/06/08 06:17 AM
Lets be honest with ourselves and with our posts on this one.
Would you date or enter a relationship with someone who has a disability?

I know this covers a lot of areas here.
They may be dealing with a condition that may never improve. And may in fact get worse. so if they seemed a good match for you. And were a wonderful person would you still be with them? Or avoid it because you would not want to deal with what could happen to them later?

I have my reasons for asking this. I have MS. And I will get worse over time. I use a cane a lot of the time now. I could easily end up in a wheelchair.

But still have a lot in my heart to give to the right person.

I am not asking if you would date me . I am sure there are others on here that have something to deal with.

So fess up!
Wes

looking4us2's photo
Sun 02/03/08 03:36 PM

Think about it this way. You would want him to be honest with you right? Even if it was not what you wanted to hear. So Don't you think it is better to be up front with him about how you feel.

I will not tell you what to do. It is not my place and I do not know either of you. But on the surface it would seem to be a bad idea to start back up with him.

It is unlikely to be better.

I wish you the best in what ever you decide to do. But I think you probably already know your answer.

Be well,
Wes

OMG.... his name is WES

Hey! It is not me! :) I would not be foolish enough to screw a relationship with you!
I have my flaws but being stupid is not one of them! laugh

The OTHER Wes!

looking4us2's photo
Sun 02/03/08 03:28 PM
Think about it this way. You would want him to be honest with you right? Even if it was not what you wanted to hear. So Don't you think it is better to be up front with him about how you feel.

I will not tell you what to do. It is not my place and I do not know either of you. But on the surface it would seem to be a bad idea to start back up with him.

It is unlikely to be better.

I wish you the best in what ever you decide to do. But I think you probably already know your answer.

Be well,
Wes

looking4us2's photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:50 AM
It is a little odd how it works. And a shame it does not work better. Because it could be very helpful in finding someone.

But alas it seems an empty feature.

Along these same lines I have received the email "someone wants to meet you!"
And of course I go and check it out. And if they seem interesting ( and some of them have been) then I write to them to say Hi and make contact. not one of them has replied.

For me to get that email I would have thought that they clicked something somewhere that said they would be interested?

Oh well who knows why people don't want to talk. Of course not everyone one is going to be a good match or be interested. But it only takes a few seconds to say "Thanks but no thanks".

At least then you know and can move on. Seeing NO as answer sure beats no answer!

Ad yes you can removed the mutual matches.
Wes

looking4us2's photo
Sat 02/02/08 05:08 PM
Vegas would be great! But a little out of the budget for now....

And the Nudie bar? Well If am going to see some nudity It would be nice if it was private....
I might want to touch and not get slapped!

looking4us2's photo
Sat 02/02/08 04:21 PM
I am going to turn 49 Friday. I want to do something this year unlike recent years.

I am not really a bar or club type of person. Though I do enjoy a drink now and then.

I am not seeing anyone right now so there is no significant other to celebrate with. And as much as I enjoy talking online that is not what I want to be doing this time.

So anyone have a good idea? Or want to celebrate it with me?

Wes