Community > Posts By > Wolf19

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 02:48 PM
Edited by Wolf19 on Wed 04/28/10 02:49 PM

got any? well lets see them

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 01:26 PM
You might think there's not much more to a peanut butter sandwich than adding some jam and smooshing two pieces of white bread together. You'd be very, very wrong, as we learned so creamily at the Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich contest in New York.

But the entrants weren't celebrity chefs or enterprising home cooks -- they were adorable children.

Over 300 kids from across the country submitted their recipes to the Jif Web site, where online voting determined the final five contestants. The finalists were flown to New York, along with their families, to make their recipes live before a panel of judges. The four runners up received $2,500, and the grand prize winner received a $25,000 college scholarship fund. That's a lot of clams. Or peanut butter. Whatever.

The competition was fierce. For kids this was some pretty complicated grub -- a Moroccan chicken pita, quesadilla with fruit salsa, lettuce wrap, chicken wrap with rosemary and red peppers, and a French toast breakfast sandwich were all up for the title of this year's Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich.

But who would take home the big prize?

Word around the grown-up table where we were stationed was that it would not be surprising at all if 10-year-old Lauren from Wisconsin took the prize -- her peanut butter and banana quesadilla with fresh fruit salsa was a brilliant (and delicious-sounding) reincarnation of something every adult loves: bar food. However, there was one thing we hadn't taken into account: None of us had actually tried the food.

After watching live cooking demonstrations by each of the contestants, which (if you've never seen a 7-year-old wielding smoked paprika) was probably on of the cutest things on Earth, and some questions from the judges, the tabulation of the judges' scores began. After much anticipation it was revealed that the winner in fact was Rachel Granillo of Clovis, Calif., whose peanut butter and chicken lettuce wrap had won over the hearts of the judges.

For Rachel, an aspiring chef, it must have been a dream come true.

Curious what a sandwich worth $25,000 tastes like? Here's the recipe:

PB & Fruity Says "Let Us Rap"

1/2 cup cooked chicken breast
2 tablespoons extra-crunchy Jif peanut butter
3 tablespoons chopped Fuji apple
2 tablespoons chopped green or black grapes
1 tablespoon lite mayonnaise
2 teaspoons honey
Iceberg lettuce

Chop chicken meat and fruit, mix in bowl. Mix in peanut butter, mayonnaise and honey.

Spoon into open lettuce leaf, roll, and serve.

There you have it. And remember, if anybody gives you any sass, you can tell them that's a $25,000 sandwich. Enjoy!

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 01:10 PM
thinking how long it took them to do this?!! its amazingsurprised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO3dhWHrNeM&feature=player_embedded

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 12:26 PM
its real toolaugh

http://www.viddler.com/explore/thereifixedit/videos/2/

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 11:46 AM
taking care of my brother`s pup and mowing the stinkin lawngrumble

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 11:26 AM
East Haven, Connecticut - Mayor April Capone Almon, 35, did not hesitate for a second, did not need to be asked twice. She knew in her heart that she would be a donor for him. Her decision to donate a kidney to a Hispanic constituent and Facebook friend was immediate, as she told AOL Noticias in an exclusive interview.

Jessica Hill, AP
Carlos Sánchez, 44 and a father, was preparing to go on dialysis as his kidneys were failing because of diabetes. In a last ditch effort, after friends and family members failed to qualify as kidney donors, Sanchez sent a desperate plea through his Facebook page. He had serious doubts about such a long shot and dramatic action, worrying that it would provoke pity and questioning whether anyone would respond honestly. But his doctor had recommended it, highlighting his urgent need to find a donor.

Capone Almon, the Mayor of East Haven, Connecticut, a town of 30,000, and Sánchez were friends on Facebook ... The mayor said there's not much else to tell after agreeing to an interview, also requested through a Facebook message to her.

to read more here`s the link

http://noticias.aol.com/articulos/latino-news/_a/mayor-donates-kidney-to-a-hispanic-man/20100425210109990001?icid=main|main|dl5|link2|http://noticias.aol.com/articulos/latino-news/_a/mayor-donates-kidney-to-a-hispanic-man/20100425210109990001

So would you donate an organ to a facebook friend even if you have never met them in real life?

no photo
Wed 04/28/10 12:55 AM
Edited by Wolf19 on Wed 04/28/10 12:55 AM
chubby hubby ice creamdrool

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 09:17 PM
I am horrible, I am quiet,
But at times very loud,
I can’t deny it,
For you have found the evil in me,
Fall down to my feet, and pray for me,
I am the devil which you dream,
So be afraid of the sleep,

Cry at night, for you are gone,
I will fade into the night,
I am your orgasm in your mind,
Fires burn, your stomach turns,
Your soul is buried deep in mine,
Now you look at me, now you see,
I am Krueger,
Give me, Give me,
The soul which you bear for me.

~ DarkAndForsakenless ~

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 09:03 PM
Now this is a good ride!

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 07:29 PM

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 07:21 PM
yep, still awsomesmokin

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 07:09 PM

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 06:54 PM

you have only 1 picture, and a small sentence that doesnt say anything about you and/or what you are looking for...

Wolf19

Your profile makes me wanna run for the hills man you say I only have one picture. At least that pic is a picture of me. You have what 5 or 6 pics of dogs. So are you trying to say you are a dog or a dog person? tongue2
yep

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 06:46 PM
a wise man once said, in order to achieve happiness or the right conduct of life, one must acquire knowledge, so he can think,reason, and create.Knowledge creates desire for the beautiful, therefore anyone that teaches must have the knowledge of his teaching.

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 06:40 PM
I was expecting to be disappointed by the movie, but it definitely kept me entertained, and the ending had a pretty good twist at the end.

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 06:35 PM
you have only 1 picture, and a small sentence that doesnt say anything about you and/or what you are looking for...

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 06:12 PM
So has anyone seen this movie? if so what did you think of it?

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 06:00 PM
thinking about the movie "exam" looks pretty interesting.

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 05:19 PM
Crossfade, Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Foo Fighters, Gorillaz, Linkin Park, The offspring, Rise Against,Trapt, Three Days Grace....just to name a few

no photo
Tue 04/27/10 04:26 PM

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25