Community > Posts By > VFury

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 09:36 AM
I don't really plan to have one at all until I'm mid-30's. And I only plan to have one, so it won't matter that I get a late start -

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 09:33 AM
No need for all the self-deprecation, my friend! You are lovely...

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 09:24 AM

I want my own cannon to be shot out of. Yep, I am totally running away to join the circus...

I just so happen to be starting a circus.......

laugh laugh laugh

Sinner...:wink:

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 09:18 AM
I want my own cannon to be shot out of. Yep, I am totally running away to join the circus...

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 08:36 AM
What a wonderful sentiment! It leaves very vivid images in my mind... Nice read!

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 07:55 AM
Cy, wench and Txs:

Thanks so much for your welcome and postivity! I look forward to reading your posts as well. It's great to have a community of fellow poetry lovers!

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 07:47 AM
Edited by VFury on Tue 04/15/08 07:48 AM
Thanks, Wolf. I figured I may as well jump in the mix. Glad to get some feedback from a frequent poster!

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 07:42 AM
Thanks, David. It's my first post here, and I welcome any feedback!

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 07:39 AM
Why did I sit silently
in the glass-walled mausoleum
and the oak-mossed cemetery
watching ducks and swans paddle the still pond,
resurrecting lives in my imagination?

Why did I absorb reality
from the headstones of strangers
and mourn them for the lessons
they would never teach me?

Why did they inhabit my place of escape,
rest in my solitude,
dance in my mind?
why did my own family’s grassy grounds
never allow me relief,
never offer my heart a chance to forgive?

I have not been able to care enough
to need forgiveness.
I fail myself for it.

But peace lights soft as early morning feathers
in places where lives are summed up
in a few carved lines
and everyone becomes an epitaph.

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:52 AM
Snuffaluppagus. :wink:

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:35 AM
Edited by VFury on Mon 04/14/08 11:37 AM
Oh my god - anything Celine Dion or Fergie. Or any other grunty little pop princess.

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:34 AM
Here's my happy song, complete with a happy dance:

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

I miss them...

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:24 AM
MIles Davis, Kind of Blue

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:14 AM
I've had scary, court-ordered stalkers! I now have a fire arms permit. That seems to make a difference. laugh

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:23 AM
Most of them make me laugh. I now consider it a perk of the genre -

no photo
Fri 04/11/08 01:31 PM
I've learned that it won't be right unless I've convinced myself, through much mental arguing, that I cannot exist without that person. And that, of course, will also be an illusion...

no photo
Fri 04/11/08 01:29 PM
Everything is contextual, isn't it?

I think love is finding the person with whom you can grow and change in any context. (Tricky stuff, eh?)

no photo
Fri 04/11/08 01:22 PM
All my friends are guys, so this scenario is the usual for me! Hope you have fun!

no photo
Fri 04/11/08 01:19 PM
I love almost every monologue from "The Diary of Adam and Eve". So funny, so sharp, so fresh.

Here's a sample:

EVE: We are getting along very well now, Adam and I, and getting better and better acquainted. He does not try to avoid me any more, which is a good sign, and shows that he likes to have me with him. That pleases me, and I study to be useful to him in every way I can, so as to increase his regard. During the last day or two I have taken all the work of naming things off his hands, and this has been a great relief to him, for he has no gift in that line, and is evidently very grateful. He can't think of a rational name to save him, but I do not let him see that I am aware of his defect. Whenever a new creature comes along I name it before he has time to expose himself by an awkward silence. In this way I have saved him many embarrassments. I have no defect like this. The minute I set eyes on an animal I know what it is. I don't have to reflect a moment; the right name comes out instantly, just as if it were an inspiration, as no doubt it is, for I am sure it wasn't in me half a minute before. I seem to know just by the shape of the creature and the way it acts what animal it is. When the dodo came along he thought it was a wildcat--I saw it in his eye. But I saved him. And I was careful not to do it in a way that could hurt his pride. I just spoke up in a quite natural way of pleasing surprise, and not as if I was dreaming of conveying information, and said, "Well, I do declare, if there isn't the dodo!" I explained--without seeming to be explaining--how I know it for a dodo, and although I thought maybe he was a little piqued that I knew the creature when he didn't, it was quite evident that he admired me. That was very agreeable, and I thought of it more than once with gratification before I slept. How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it!

no photo
Thu 04/10/08 12:11 PM
I don't think it matters where you go if you're with someone who can keep the conversation and fun going.