Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 01:32 PM
Edited by Just_Looking1975 on Sun 06/01/08 01:34 PM

I'll pose my origanol question again....

What makes people's self-esteem get so low?
:heart: So many other loves or people putting THEM down and or lying to them about their love. Then making THEM feel low
ITS MY FAULT, syndrome...Repeatedly...and thus,,,,LOW SELF ESTEEN.....:heart:

So you allow others to deem your self worth? That's a slippery slope don't you think?
In a PERFECT world YES,,,ALL MEN would know this and live this.
But with sooooo many different up-bringings and cultures of and in family values given to them.
Many are raised to never KNOW or FEEL anothers NORMAL..:heart:

So ALOT of PEOPLE will ALLOW others to make-them review their inner thoughts and THEY will try and change "THEM", even though WE KNOW thats not the way to deal with rejection.

With all the self help books, and all the couselors, and all the talk shows for God's sake, you'd think people would learn that confidence comes from within.

That you seek and do not find with in, you surely will not find without.

So what you are saying is that people prefer to be miserable... and not help themselves?

they prefer to live the life they are "comfortable" with, and not the one that makes them happy?

lillith, you're right, I am a unicorn..... I assume that people want better for themselves.... I guess I was wrong about that. :cry:
The problem is THEIR reasoning and abilities to THINK like you THINK they should THINK,wink,lol
Most people are unable to change the person that they are after about 25 years old...THEY are who they are..and CHANGE will probably never fully take a PERMENENT CHANGE in who they are NOW. And thats because we all are, creatures of habit and routine....and once set,,,,change is allowed but not without resorting back to who THEY ARE!
If YOU have no respect for others and your in your twenties,,
YOU will probably NEVER have any REAL RESPECT for them.
But YOU can SHOW a faked interest for as long as that person can not FORGET to keep showing it,wink,wink,lol.

That is untrue in my thoughts. If you are that unhappy then you CAN change it. We can only change ourselves no one can change us. Do what ever if takes, but don't use it to get some. If a person has so few friends that they need to talk to strangers, then seek help with a professional. That's why they are there.

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 01:20 PM

Honey, I still cry uncontrollably every September 11th. I will never forget. I can not work on that day because the emotions are still so overwhelming. :cry: :cry:

At least I ain't the only one who remember....there are those who forget and lets not let that happen any more

please never forget. we lost alot that day and we can never get them back:cry:

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 01:18 PM
It can never be said enough, THANK YOU TO ALL MILITARY FOR ALL YOU ARE GIVING UP TO FIGHTflowerforyou But please do remember our police men and women, firefighters, and ems workers as well. They risk a lot as wellflowerforyou .

SO TO ALL THOSE THAT PUT THEIR LIVES IN HARMS WAY FOR ME, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 01:06 PM

I met this guy last night (don't get excited)He's a friend of a frind and we went out to a bar last night. He talked obsessively about his ex-fiance, and how they broke up around the first of the year, and now she calls him to do things, then cancells, how she tells him she needs him, and then talks about other guys to him, told me he was "addicted" to her.

In the course of the conversation I saw his VERY low self-esteem, so I talked with him for a long time, and told him that he needs to get his head straight, and STOP talking to her, until he gets his self-worth back, that she breaks it down everytime they talk.

We had stopped drinking around 1, and were drinking water/soda til after 2:30, all of our other friends had left and it was just he and I talking on the patio on this bar, anyway the bartender came out, and said he was locking up, so I was like "hey good to see you again, if you ever need to talk, you can call" He asked me to go home with him.......

Did this guy LISTEN to himself the whole night????

This guy is good looking, has girls throwing themselves at him, and he's obsessed with the ex......WTF is wrong with people?

I'm kind of offended that after that LONG talk about his ex and how in love with her he is, he would think for one second I would go home with him....

GAWD, people.... What is wrong that so many people have such bad images of themselves?

They think u will pitty them and sleep with them. I find it all the time. Move on girl.drinker

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 01:02 PM

Possibly because both parties stop working to keep the "magic" alive. And/or they don't know how to relax and enjoy what they have.

Don't know bout that in this case. When u give up who u r 2 keep the other happy then who r u?

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 01:00 PM
Edited by Just_Looking1975 on Sun 06/01/08 01:02 PM

<-----wants to be chased laugh

Start running darlingsmooched flowerforyou

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:53 PM

Women, the carrier's of children, the nurturer, the mother, sister, aunt, and girlfriend/wife. Aren't women beautiful in every way? I do think so, we must appreciate them more with some flowers.

Here's to you beautiful ladies!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Here's to a true guy.flowerforyou blushing There is hope out therehappy

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:48 PM

sad sad i dont know....

Feel 4 u brokenheart :cry: I'm there!!!

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:45 PM

I'm watching a show about dumbest criminals and I swear I am totally amazed. There's this one guy who is pulled over and the cop is getting ready to let him go with a warning when the guy says "I give you permission to check my vehicle." Now, why would you say that knowing that you had drugs in your vehicle? And of course, they check his vehicle and bust everyone for drug possession.

Where do these people come from?

I don't know where they come from, but i do know they are everywhere!!!!:smile:

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:41 PM
Thought I'd finilly ask. Never understood that behavior

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:40 PM

Thrill of the chase?

could be

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:37 PM
Why is it people wants someone when they are chasing them, then when they get that person they start looking for someone else, but get mad at you when you brake it off? Could someone fill me in!!!!huh ohwell

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sun 06/01/08 12:30 PM
Yes!!!! Plus i like 2 make friends. I've decided that I'm doomed 2 b alone 4 the rest of my life, and I getting 2 b ok about that. Therefore I need all the friends I can get.

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:30 PM
sure I'll be your friend. I always have room for a new friend

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:27 PM
Thats scary. Do what u need 2 protect yourself cuz not everyone is on the up and up. block, and report him right away. Don't put up with it.

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:16 PM
most days yes because it's hard 2 find an honest man that doesn't use u 4 1 thing. judgements r a killer 2. i know i'm not drop dead, but maybe there's more 2 me, but they won't know cuz i get bypassed on looks. gota love it!!!!ohwell

Just_Looking1975's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:06 PM
Not dry just the places are wrong for looking for a relationship, and there isn't a right place around here. It's meat markets, or online. Good luck with your search. I know the feeling of hopelessness.