Community > Posts By > Inoue

Inoue's photo
Wed 04/05/23 05:40 AM
In my experience 'couch surfing' has been limited to my children or friends visiting the area.
I know few people who open their homes to strangers. Think 'serial killer'.

What I have seen is called 'bed & breakfast' or 'air bed (airb&b)'.

In a way, couch surfing could be associated with hitchhiking. 'Hitchhiking' is getting a ride from a stranger by putting out your thumb or holding a sign while standing on a highway or street. Hitchhiking is illegal in many places due to the fact so many people have been raped or murdered or just plain vanish from doing so.
Its dangerous for the hitchhiker and the host because you never actually know the person...they could be anyone.
I imagine it could be pretty much the same for couch surfing.

While it may hold true so far that it is safe, its only going to be safe until it isn't and if you survive that I would suggest you use that fortunate wisdom to make better judgements.

We trust verified accounts, and vice versa. As per experience, most of us interacting are also professionals whose backgrounds we have checked even before requesting to be hosted.

If we dont request for hosting, we do it to meet with other travellers or locals to help us with our itineraries or to just meet and learn from each others' cultures.

hitch hiking is way toooooo different. somehow related, but you cant background check the person youre asking to ride in.

If you dont CS or know cs, safe not to say anything anymore, as my trips have ended and i had a good experience meeting locals in both HCMC and Bkk. Just saying. :grimacing::v:

Inoue's photo
Wed 04/05/23 01:15 AM
it's actually amazing, specially the voice and actions of Anya, they are super cute. and it has nice action scenes too with a nice story obviously

i agree cant wait for the next season!

Inoue's photo
Wed 04/05/23 01:14 AM
"To your eternity" is underrated

ive been told to watch this :joy:

Inoue's photo
Wed 04/05/23 01:13 AM
Yes agreed totally .
People often couch surf ,
People that got no specific home too , often couch surf .

@larsi don’t over think things

Thank you for informing others! :blush::v:

Inoue's photo
Wed 04/05/23 01:11 AM
Seems like a fairly reasonable post my friends.

Couchsurfing has been around for DECADES and was pretty popular long ago, perhaps still a bit popular abroad. It's basically when someone allows others (usually travelers) a free place to stay at their home (often a couch). This keeps costs down for the travelers, often younger people, to continue traveling around with limited funds.

"LF" means looking for.

Nothing wrong with this post at all. It's even in the transportation/travel section.

Thank you for this! I honestly had to leave this topic on unread since ive gained negative comments. It was demoralizing, adding to the fact that Im already using this app.

I suppose it is the generational gap? Or the ignorance on travel platforms? I dont know.

Anyway, i enjoyed my trips and i wish people in this app become more knowledgeable and become less critical and less judgmental.

Good luck to all!

Inoue's photo
Wed 04/05/23 01:07 AM
@tohru

Who is we ??

You are travelling to Thailand .. isn’t couchsurfing staying with locals ? Why the white men comment ??

There is also another meaning for LF

I can see why your post is confusing .

My friend and I.

Dont worry, all is well after I went to Ho chi minh and Bangkok with my female friend.

the comment on white male friends? Because ive hosted some before and theyre the only ones who requested.

Unattached peeps? Yes because its much easier to couchsurf at someone's place if theyre single. Again, why so? Because ive had cs requests before that got turned down because they have to ask their partners if they can host us or not. Although ive been hosted by couples already.

LF in my generation is used for looking for most often than not.

Anyway, in the spirit of free will, fun and adventure may we all enjoy this life travelling and meeting new people.

Inoue's photo
Sat 06/25/22 04:41 AM
:x:

Really? I don't know that. ever heard of couchsurfing? lol. anyway. you can delete the post. I dont even have those kinds of intentions. Maybe most of the people here are scams. but don't include me.
:wink:

Inoue's photo
Sat 06/25/22 02:03 AM
Hey. LF friends we can meet or tag along with on Oct and Dec in Vietnam and Thailand. We prefer unattached peeps.:joy::joy::joy:

We've met white male friends before. Guess it's time to couchsurf again after too many covid restrictions.

Inoue's photo
Sun 06/19/22 07:05 AM
How about “SPY x Family”? Great deal for a chill weekend

yeah I will be watching it soon. after I finish komi can't communicate :joy:

Inoue's photo
Fri 03/11/22 06:33 AM
What anime genres do you like?

adventure. dark fantasy. slice of life
:joy:

Inoue's photo
Tue 03/01/22 05:25 AM
Yeah try watching Fairy Tale or Eden’s Zero or even Naruto!

done with fairy tale! did Naruto. but it felt overrated for me at some point so I stopped.
:joy: still, it is what it is. but I liked bleach better.:sweat_smile:

Inoue's photo
Wed 01/26/22 06:51 AM
Thats great. Also, I have been watching "The Time I was reincarnated as a slime". Its a really fun anime. Loved it so far.

cool. another one to add on my watch list then. :thumbsup_tone2:

Inoue's photo
Tue 01/25/22 07:49 AM
Watch Attack on Titans. You will love it.
It has an amazing story, great action and it gets a little dark at times. Character development is brilliant.
Also, you can watch
Hunter x Hunter (You will love it if you like MHA)
One Punch Man (pure comedy and action)
Mob Psycho 100
Kengan Ashura
Tokyo Revengers

thanks for the recomms. haven't started with the new seaso of aot though. and done with tokyo revengers.

finishing demon slayer recently.:grin:

Inoue's photo
Tue 01/25/22 07:47 AM
Arcane was actually decent. Cells at Work everyone needs to have watched once. It is cool to see other who like anime :)

considering Arcane. :grin:

Inoue's photo
Tue 01/25/22 07:47 AM
I would personally recommend my hero academia

yeah I already watched it :blush:

Inoue's photo
Sun 11/07/21 03:53 AM
Need anime recommendations. stuck after jujutsu kaisen, mha, demon slayer and death note.:joy:

Inoue's photo
Sun 11/07/21 03:31 AM
don't read, sing it

We play games of love to avoid the depression
We been here before
And I won't be your victim

Why you always in a mood?
****in' 'round, actin' brand new
I ain't tryna tell you what to do
But try to play it cool
Baby, I ain't playing by your rules
Everything look better with a view