Community > Posts By > blues29

blues29's photo
Fri 02/17/17 11:47 AM
I have seen this happen in reverse as well. I thought a guy I went out with was moving way too fast and he wanted a committed relationship after the 2nd date. I finally started having genuine feelings toward him after a couple of months, but he had already started becoming less available. This caused the tables to turn with me chasing after him in a desperate attempt to have him reciprocate. Finally, when I went to his workplace to see why he wasn't answering his phone, he pretty much told me that he was not interested any longer. This all happened in just a very short amount of time, so, basically, I am going to conclude that overall, it was not the ideal beginning for a healthy relationship. In fact, I probably dodged a bullet in the long run. So, if this type of thing occurs in a situation that is long and drawn out over time, I would say that one or both are not in touch with their wants and needs, their feelings, and the trust and sharing about these things. All signs of either immaturity, lack of communication skills, maybe some narcissism in one or both, and any number of other things going on - like bad timing? If this happens quickly over time, then it wasn't healthy to begin with...otherwise, my question is, why does it have to be so hard....? lol