Community > Posts By > JanitorDan

JanitorDan's photo
Thu 02/14/13 09:35 AM
So, I am kinda new to this site, and really haven't been in that much, however, I am looking for new friends and/or possible relationship with someone who lives, works, or operates a farm. I am trying the forum, because when I try adding my interests to the search bar, nothing comes up, my criteria for the new friend must have the follow traits in order to protect myself from some of those crazies. I am looking for someone who is nice, doesn't abuse their animals, is accepting and friendly, is between the sges of 18- 35 doesn't have a criminal background. I don't mind if they smoke, ( tobacco, not any other drugs) just keep in mind that I do not; the most Important thing is that they have to live within my state. So, with that being said, is there any takers?

JanitorDan's photo
Sun 11/11/12 12:21 PM
I make sure to tell them the type of guy that I am. I am direct, honest, and blunt. I tend to keep to myself, but those who I do try to interact with seem to be more into the bad-boys

JanitorDan's photo
Sat 11/10/12 09:50 PM
Thank you guys for your positive criticism.

JanitorDan's photo
Sat 11/10/12 09:48 PM
Now, lately I have noticed something: When I try to be nice, and accommodate someone, that gives them the green light to friend zone me. How do I avoid the friend zone?

JanitorDan's photo
Sat 11/10/12 09:46 PM
I may not know anything about friendships, but it has come to my attention, that recently I have met plenty of people who are my age that own horses and recently when I try to talk to them, or start a conversation, they tend to blow me off, just because I was grown up in the city. The other thing I have noticed is that when I offer my services to local farmers who raise dairy cows, they too blow me off like I am some sort of virus. Now, I am not here to complain, or cause conflict, but to me, it just strikes me as odd that our society has become so narrow minded that we forget who we are as we shut ourselves away from the world, and only accept help from those who are close to us. Now, to those of you who ARE in the farming industry, I know it's not a job, but a lifestyle, what is your input on the situation?

JanitorDan's photo
Sat 11/03/12 12:16 PM
Hi, I am Dan. 21 from Wisconsin. Just here to check things out: my hobbies include horseback riding, poetry, philosophy, Xbox (typical teenager) as well as Psychoanalyzing situations in a real world context

JanitorDan's photo
Sat 11/03/12 12:12 PM
@jacktrades: For people who wish to live this life style, I have devised a website that is actually an agriculture social network for people who enjoy living in the country

JanitorDan's photo
Sat 11/03/12 12:11 PM
The reason why my username is "JanitorDan" is because I work as a janitor for a nursing home in my town, and for the record, I have been trying to find people with the same agriculture interest.

JanitorDan's photo
Sat 11/03/12 11:19 AM
So, I have been looking all over the place and even applied at a couple dairy farms trying to get my foot in the door to see if anyone is looking for help, and it seems to me that a lot of people don't really want to spend the time of day teaching someone how to milk cows that doesn't have experience. I was just curious how many people who are farmers or in the neo-agriculture that is looking for help.