Community > Posts By > River Rat

River Rat's photo
Sat 01/09/21 06:56 AM
Aren't the elected legislators actually here to legislate?

River Rat's photo
Sat 01/09/21 06:43 AM
I know that feeling. Here's the big but: my wonderful lady was taken by cancer nearly four years ago. I'm still foot loose and fancy free though I'd prefer it to be different. The but, we became a couple entirely by accident and became so connected we were perceived as married even though we never married.

The truth seems there is no rushing something like this. I'm patiently waiting for that magic to happen, same as you.

River Rat's photo
Wed 01/06/21 07:07 AM
I'm awake. Still alive. It's a good thing, at least for me.

River Rat's photo
Sun 01/03/21 03:05 PM
Edited by River Rat on Sun 01/03/21 03:08 PM
I'll share one experience. Too many to explain all of them.
Several years ago I was having some odd visual things happening. I went to my Dr and after trying to explain things I asked the Dr if I may be having Acid Flash Backs. After she quit laughing, she told me that was only government scare tactics, but no, Flash Backs don't happen.
I went to an Optometrist and he explained it was a Vitreous separation in the eyeball, and would get better with time. He was right.

River Rat's photo
Thu 12/10/20 08:22 AM
The "modern" thermostats have stacks of features. Among them the need to be battery powered. The batteries last a long time but as you discovered when batteries go dead and corrode, the entire unit can be ruined and need replacing.
Personally, I got frustrated with trying to do all the settings these electronic marvels incorporate. Menards still has the older style thermostats that don't use battery power. They are inexpensive, simple, and easy to install in the place of an electronic unit. For the winter I set the temperature I want, and when switching to "cool" for summer AC it's simply a flip of the switch.

River Rat's photo
Sat 12/05/20 12:13 PM
Edited by River Rat on Sat 12/05/20 12:16 PM
It can work for a while. BUT, not in the long term. I spent a lot of weekend driving time (250 miles each way) seeing a lady. After breaking my leg at her house one weekend I stayed with her. This was my home stomping grounds so it was comfortable for me. We developed a wonderful relationship for about 15 years. Cancer took her and three plus years later I'm thinking of dating again. I tend to avoid dating anyone within longer driving times because getting to know someone and developing a relationship is time consuming, and even more so at distance.

River Rat's photo
Fri 12/04/20 09:18 AM
Joined mingle2 over a month ago. Guess it's time to say hi.
I'm finding it challenging for an old guy to chat up ladies near my age. Either that or I'm too picky. Seems this is a patience scenario if getting to know someone is important.
It is fun sorting through potential prospects.

2 Next