Community > Posts By > River Rat

River Rat's photo
Sat 02/27/21 10:30 AM
Edited by River Rat on Sat 02/27/21 10:32 AM
The cup is not half empty. It may be filled halfway with whatever is poured into it, but the other half is at very least filled with air.

River Rat's photo
Thu 02/18/21 07:36 AM
Not a fan of cold. Grew up (some may argue that) enduring cold winters. I stay in North Dakota for the beautiful summers: both days. ohwell

River Rat's photo
Wed 02/17/21 09:22 AM
Seems to me the voters in next election should be the ones giving thumbs up or down, not the legislators. Then again I've seen politics described as a blood sport. Maybe that's what makes following politics so durned much fun.

River Rat's photo
Fri 02/12/21 07:56 AM
A profile photo wouldn't hurt. Then again, it hasn't helped me, but I have 20 years more seniority to you.

River Rat's photo
Mon 02/08/21 06:58 AM
I have been accused of trolling before, and may be again. Usually it happens when I post something provocative with an intention of expressing alternate views whether I subscribe to them or not.

Those that constantly troll, seem to be looking for attention, and they don't care if they get positive or negative attention, so long as they get attention.

River Rat's photo
Tue 02/02/21 02:53 PM
Gosh Lori, I would really like to give you a big hug right now. I had given up the search when surprisingly there she was. The chemistry grew until cancer finally claimed her. Much as I may want another thrill of that magic I'm of an age and health when all is tentative. Much as I want that magic, there is no desire to put someone through the pain of loss I experienced.

River Rat's photo
Tue 02/02/21 02:22 PM
Edited by River Rat on Tue 02/02/21 02:23 PM
All my life, I've heard the groundhog prediction claim if the groundhog sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter, and if not spring is just around the corner. I have long said if the groundhog sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter, and if not it will only be a month and one half until spring.

River Rat's photo
Mon 02/01/21 12:36 PM
Or is it possible there is no true definition, and we're all just overthinking it?

River Rat's photo
Mon 02/01/21 08:48 AM
I don't know if this is too philosophically deep or shallow.

River Rat's photo
Mon 02/01/21 08:38 AM
My greatest love passed in 2017. Most people we knew from when we met knew we never got the piece of paper. Other people assumed we were married because of the way we interacted together. We could not have been more committed to each other with or without local document from the Courthouse. So I can't say one is better than the other. To us, though we talked often about it, neither of us wanted or needed that paper to show each other or anyone else the love we shared.

River Rat's photo
Sun 01/31/21 03:23 PM
Pretty sure I heard that years ago, but with stronger words from the six year old. I brought a smile to me then and the same this time.

River Rat's photo
Wed 01/27/21 06:08 AM
Riddle me this: What's cultural about it?

River Rat's photo
Mon 01/25/21 08:25 AM
Shucks, you're still a youth. I have plenty of seniority over you.

Welcome to the search.

River Rat's photo
Sat 01/16/21 10:05 AM
Yes, Jeep is Mopar, not my first choice of vehicles but as 20 year old Jeeps go, it has been very dependable.

As for the XKE, I know it was an adolescent fantasy, but I'd probably still trade my left (oh, never mind). Hell, I'd just like to drive one just once. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking.

River Rat's photo
Sat 01/16/21 08:20 AM
Edited by River Rat on Sat 01/16/21 08:22 AM
Well, maybe I'm coming to my mid-life crisis a bit on the late side. I thoroughly love my little Jeep Wrangler and have a bunch of fun during North Dakota winters. It's was my second choice of a mid-life crisis vehicle. Of course it's also highly practical in consideration of where I live.

The first Mid-Life vehicle has been desired since I was still in my teens. It's not gonna happen, 'cuz a restored Jaguar XKE convertible is out of my wheel house. It would be a disaster in the snow too.

Maybe you're having that crisis. If so, aren't you enjoying scratching that itch?

River Rat's photo
Fri 01/15/21 09:04 AM
Guess I'll have to go with the most frequent thing I see on profiles:

No Answer.

That's attractive. Ain't it?

River Rat's photo
Fri 01/15/21 08:55 AM

Opposites attract, likeness endures. But, I blame it all on the pheromones.

Can pheromones be detected online? This enquiring mind would like to know.

River Rat's photo
Thu 01/14/21 10:48 AM
Edited by River Rat on Thu 01/14/21 10:49 AM
How I wish I could ease your anguish. The truth is you're doing your best and perhaps more than you realize. If there are local organizations you can talk with, it may be truly helpful.

River Rat's photo
Mon 01/11/21 07:31 AM
I can't point you, or anyone to that road. It hasn't been built yet. That's something you and someone must build together.

I can tell you finding and building that road seldom starts with carnal intimacy.

River Rat's photo
Sat 01/09/21 07:02 AM

Trump will be out of the Oval Office come 20 January 2021. So, what is the point of impeaching him again?

MY OP covers the reasons. Do you think he deserves anything?

As though he could not pay for all that stuff himself? Really?

Previous 1