Community > Posts By > Impatience

no photo
Wed 10/31/12 09:35 PM

I am mostly referring to deadbeat dads, as a single mom it ticks me off personally

I am aware that women walk away from their kids too, so the thread is not specifically for one gender or another, my reference is just dads because thats my personal experience

what can the culture do to start promoting responsible parenting as opposed to just 'responsible sex'?

how do we encourage commitment to family instead of just to our own desires,,,,?

I dont want to be angry during times of struggle when I think of how someone could create a life and then walk away and go on with no concern except for themself, when I wake up , live, and go to bed with that life as my number one priority....

the 'gifts' are better than nothing, and I know many dont even do that much,, but sometimes it just pisses me off slightly that I have all the responsibility and this other person actually feels like they are being a 'parent' by sending some occasional gifts,,,

ARGGGGGGG,,,,, sigh

vent over

Not blaming, maybe ladies need to learn more about the men they chose BEFORE becoming pregnant?

I also think men need to be held responsible for their actions. I have been there done that, so feel safe in my opinion.

I kinda agree there needs to be a lot more emphasise put on responsibile behaviour BEFORE the event, but speaking from personal experience, it does happen that a guy you think you know very well for years, turns out to be the worst kind of person imagineable and without warning. SO the problem with women/men parenting alone isnt likly to go away any time soon unfortunately.

no photo
Wed 10/31/12 09:22 PM
Edited by Impatience on Wed 10/31/12 09:28 PM

no photo
Wed 10/31/12 09:22 PM
Edited by Impatience on Wed 10/31/12 09:27 PM
Im a single parent with a VERY willfull 8 yr old. At times I feel concerned about the effect that media overload is having on my daughter and how that will play out when she is older. BUT at no time have I abdicated my parental powers to veto and /or control the amount of tv etc she views. If the media is a force to be reckoned with in my childs life (it is) then I need to get in front of that train and build a relationship from as young as possible with her, one that allows for healthy discussion and effective monitoring /controls over her direction where necessary.
ONE good parent is better than two shite ones and many strong woman/parents have reared their children to think for themselves. Its parenting that controls kids lives not the media. Unless the parents are not doing their job in the first place and the media bosses become the leaders/shapers of young minds.
Personally I think the idea that all parents should HAVE to work outside of the home is the real root to the problem, what kind of self-defeating societies are we all living in when we undervalue the need for and benifit to society of children who have been parented not babysat through out their childhoods. Childrearing is a priceless craft one that is sadly and dangerously undervalued. Blaming the media is just a folie.

no photo
Wed 10/31/12 08:35 PM
is it normal for the dates of posts to vary wildly form relatively current to 5 yrs ago??? God I hope this isnt another waste of time on here!

no photo
Wed 10/31/12 08:25 PM
Edited by Impatience on Wed 10/31/12 08:27 PM
my thoughts exactly

no photo
Wed 10/31/12 08:12 PM
Hello Irish single mother looking to date guy in similar situation