Community > Posts By > rkh10

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 06:05 PM
Heh... then you can call me whatever you'd like.

:smile:

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:58 PM
Oh, my name's Bobby, by the way... I guess I should mention that, so that people don't have to call me "Rrrkehhhh"

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:53 PM
Hah, I doubt it...

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:45 PM
Oh, for enough pizza... I'll do just about anything...

:wink:

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:38 PM
I can just imagine.

It's okay, though, cuz he was a SEAL. He can take it.

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:32 PM
Edited by rkh10 on Mon 04/21/08 05:34 PM

You know I'm not rational...I dated Will.

Fair enough.

I wonder how he's doing, by the way...

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:30 PM

Some things are and some things are not...
This is an are not kinda thing.

Yeah. Astrology is not.

Is not valid.
Is not true.
Is not correct.
Is not accurate.
And is not deserving of respect by any rational person.

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:28 PM
Edited by rkh10 on Mon 04/21/08 05:28 PM
>.>

<.<

Alright, anyway...

I guess over 400 people have gotten food poisoning from the Chipotle in Kent. I just ate there over the weekend... I hope I don't die.

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:24 PM

I love you doll... you know that, but you're wrong.laugh laugh

Alright, then present scientific evidence that suggests otherwise.

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:21 PM

I told you it is on a scientific scale that hasn't been measured yet.

That = ~Sense

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:21 PM

hey, i remember you on another post, never forget a face like that! welcome and have fun!

Hah. Yeah, I've posted a couple. Thanks

happy

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:19 PM

Hey mate, welcome to JSH...stick around, make friends, argue biblical stuff, and on occassion argue the political point of a ruler.drinker drinker drinker smokin

Hah, will do. Thanks.

:smile:

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:17 PM
I wouldn't argue so much if astrology weren't bull****.

rkh10's photo
Mon 04/21/08 05:17 PM
Hey, here I am.

rkh10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 11:03 PM

Im having a difficult time understanding where you are coming from. or what is your point here..
pseudo-science and "new-agism" are totally different..that you might not agree with the latter has nothing to do, IMO, with pseudo-science, unless you throw in meditation, chakras, ear-waxing, macrobiotics, biorythim, etc...in which case those are designed to create biological changes in the human body...
spirituality is still a personal belief which no one really has a right to judge as valid or not.

My point is that no belief should be accepted without scientific evidence, regardless of what the belief happens to be. No claim gets special privileges simply because it hides behind the veil of spirituality.

There are plenty of New Age beliefs that fall into the pseudoscience category. The existence of chakras, for example, is not supported by empirical evidence, and should thus be considered invalid.

rkh10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 10:43 PM

A belief is far different from a diagnosis or a judicial sentence...one is diagnosed by a professional who is trained to seek out specific pathologies, judicial sentences come when one is judged by a jury of one's peers for breaking certain socially adopted laws
Beliefs are personal, based on individual creedences..

You are comparing apples to oranges in your statement

What if a doctor has a personal belief that sawdust cures cancer? It might not be generally accepted by the medical community, but should it still be respected?

rkh10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 10:33 PM
Edited by rkh10 on Sat 04/19/08 10:33 PM

Who am I to place a value on what is or isnt legitimate?

If nobody distinguished between legitimacy and everything else, then how would we prescribe medicine, sentence criminals, or teach children in school? If all beliefs are equal and deserving of respect, then why do we put people in mental hospitals?

rkh10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 10:07 PM

you should be ready for people to wonder what your motives.....

What do my motives appear to be?

rkh10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 09:54 PM

...yeah we have a lot of multidimensional belief systems on this site..it would not be a good place to go getin pissy on peoples belief systems...I am a witch does that tell you anything...some of what you mentioned is part of the pagan belief system...most of us are here to make friends not enemies....

:heart:~wicked~:heart:

I wouldn't say that any of those things are inherent parts of Paganism.

But regardless, I didn't specify which side of the arguments I was on. I'm just curious about whether people reject them all equally or discriminate among them.

rkh10's photo
Sat 04/19/08 09:35 PM
Astrology, homeopathy, dowsing, faith healing, psychics, mediums, creationism/Intelligent Design, feng shui, Ouija boards...

I've gotten into arguments about almost all of these. Do you pick and choose which to consider valid, or do you reject them all?

Previous 1