Community > Posts By > Citizen_Joe

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 10/04/09 08:09 PM
Ironicly, I was at a near breakdown, and at the point of giving up. Her wall came down and that's that. I gave up on dating sites a long time ago, and actually used the sites more as a distraction from what was right in front of me. Anyway, I'm outa here.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 10/04/09 08:00 PM

and asked me to marrry him........

its official....we're engaged.

You go girl! You deserve it. More news about me too. After 140 days of knowing I was in love too, she said the words today. smitten So yea, it's like that. Valentine's day came early for me too.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 09/15/09 11:12 PM
Edited by Citizen_Joe on Tue 09/15/09 11:48 PM

I've been talking about me just starting in NA, trying to get clean and sober and you know people keep talking about things happen that are gonna make you want to use. Well, for me this was it but I'm happy tomorrow will be a week clean and as easy as today would have been to get f***** up I didn't! My dogs were a big factor in me deciding to quit using and well my only comfort is she got to see me decide i was done, but she won't be there to make sure i see it through.

Jesus. Definitely didn't read that right. Um, I'm thinking get another dog, and give to that dog what you gave to the last one. If nothing else, you'll go through the loss and have another animal to love. Sorry about misreading the more important part of your post.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 07/07/09 12:17 PM

oops wrong forum, well i guess i can say that i haven't smoked weed in years just for the fact that it stays in ur system too long. never was physicaly addictive for me. as for alcohol... its been ten mins.

So, right forum.

WTG EZ!

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 07/05/09 12:17 PM

Anybody else see this? Or is this all in my head?

We see what we want to see.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 07/03/09 07:43 AM
Neither. That's a delegated task. It's always over though.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sat 06/27/09 07:28 AM

ironing...Ilove ironing!

Are we talking ironing underware or ironing of the airborne variety?

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 06/21/09 07:35 PM

ADSD Attention Deficit Sobriety Disorder.
Step 1 -- we admitted we were powerl.... Hey, she's cute.

Watch out, some longtimers say under every skirt, is a slip.laugh laugh laugh

I like my definition better. More 21st century,

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 06/21/09 05:53 PM
ADSD Attention Deficit Sobriety Disorder.
Step 1 -- we admitted we were powerl.... Hey, she's cute.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sat 06/20/09 07:48 PM
Air conditioning

Citizen_Joe's photo
Wed 06/17/09 06:06 AM

In a little under 1 1/2 hours, I'll be 6 years sober, and well into my 7th. ;-) As it turns out, not only did I get my 6 year solid silver coin for free from my vendor, but the meeting bought one for me too. That's a first. Of course, the newcomer's chip is the most expensive chip you'll ever get.

Six years, Joe. bigsmile :banana: :banana:

Yup. :thumbsup: Now I get to say I'm well into my 7th year. :angel:

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 06/16/09 11:00 PM

I have seen a pair of beewbies...noway .......a weenie....shocked ......and now a trani......surprised surprised

What else to make it a full house????scared scared

2 idiots should round it out. Wait for it.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 06/16/09 10:58 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm when I was 21 I didnt need any internet to get a guy...........wassssssssssssssup people???slaphead slaphead slaphead

And what's with attacking?
Can't you simply add in helpful information or not comment at all?

That wasn't an attack. Wait for it. laugh laugh

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 06/16/09 11:05 AM
Giving

Citizen_Joe's photo
Tue 06/16/09 11:02 AM

stare at their crotch, makes ya even! :tongue: flowerforyou

But you could poke an eye out with that too.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Mon 06/15/09 07:38 PM
Edited by Citizen_Joe on Mon 06/15/09 07:39 PM
In a little under 1 1/2 hours, I'll be 6 years sober, and well into my 7th. ;-) As it turns out, not only did I get my 6 year solid silver coin for free from my vendor, but the meeting bought one for me too. That's a first. Of course, the newcomer's chip is the most expensive chip you'll ever get.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Sun 06/07/09 02:16 PM
brady bunch delusions.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Fri 06/05/09 01:18 PM
I've had a couple for 4 years now. They're overated.

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 06/04/09 04:51 PM
Alcoholic/addict
Dog/German Shepherd

Citizen_Joe's photo
Thu 06/04/09 06:03 AM

Not to cause a rucus or anything. I have been to five different AA groups. Two, more than three times,WTF is a sonsor? I enjoy the little friggin games they play. Talking of the "wild" days, and how tough they are. But, when I ask of withdrawl, and what to expect. Not a single word! I was sober usually a day before going,respect I guess. Once I was sober for almost a month by myself! I am cutting back AGAIN, I hope for the last time. But, AA ain't helped me at all!

Withdrawal varies from person to person. The common ingredient to everyone withdrawing is that there's an end to the physical craving, that is, if you stop drinking. Depending on the degree of withdrawal symptoms, some need to go to a detox facility, and others should keep a phone handy, just in case emergency services are required. A reasonable gauge to best assess your own needs, means remembering your last time getting sober, and magnifying it based on the duration of this round of drinking.

My own withdrawal, back in June of 2003, wasn't all that bad. It was just the sweats, no shaking. I've met some who were considerably worse, even weeks after getting sober, but this is rare. Only 5%, at most, is about problem drinking. The balance is about problem thinking.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next