JamesY2K's photo
Tue 12/22/20 04:30 PM

From the title,
I thought this thread would be
about cocaine and hookers.

LOL no... but thx for the inspiration :-P

JamesY2K's photo
Tue 12/22/20 10:37 AM
2020 is the biggest joke since Target Canada. This whole year has been kind of like a broken-down haunted house. A total $#@& show. This is one for the history books.
In all honesty, can't say I'll miss it.

JamesY2K's photo
Mon 12/21/20 05:07 PM
haven't physically met anyone yet... I could do without the bots and all that

JamesY2K's photo
Mon 12/21/20 02:44 PM
well, it called for rain. Typical. We're used to it here. it's something you can always bank on. So you can bet how unfazed I was yesterday. It can rain nine ways to Sunday in Victoria. Going out on a walk with 2 books in my pocket, purloined from a free books box, I noticed how slushy it was; myumbrella was groaning underthe weight of the sleet, and my jeans were soaking wet. It's kind of like walking on a giant Slurpee in a way. That's what we Victorians know as snow, kind of like how someone from Jamaica would know kidney beans as peas. Same word, different meaning.
So yes, there was the traditional not-a-snowfall snowfall, and I was eager to get out of it.
Now, as I sit here vegetating, I noticed it had begun to snow legitimate snow.
And I have got to walk in it tomorrow.Euggh.
thx for reading my tangent.
Happy holidays!

JamesY2K's photo
Sat 12/12/20 01:21 PM
hello there!
I am looking for a relationship with someone REAL.
No bots plz
:-)

JamesY2K's photo
Fri 12/11/20 01:45 PM
we got our tub reglazed 4 years ago. no problems there.I give the a-ok

JamesY2K's photo
Thu 12/10/20 04:09 PM
this is true.

JamesY2K's photo
Thu 12/10/20 10:29 AM
Unflavored gelatin
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
Blue food coloring
Greens for plants
Escarole, parsley, scallion, rosemary
Vegetables for sea creaters
Peppers, carrots, onions
Shrimp
Shell macaroni
Broccoli or cauliflower
Prepare clear gelatin. Flavor with lemon juice, a touch of sugar. Add a drop of blue vegetable color. Pour thin layer in loaf pan or bowl. Chill until slightly thickened. Prop escarole sprigs, parsley, and scallion to pan edge, suspended upside down.

Next, the fish! Press bright pimiento "fish" cut-outs into the first layer. Continue making gelatin layers with vegetable "fish" (cucumber, carrot), at different levels. Mold last layer with shrimp, shell macaroni and cauliflowerettes for "ocean bed."

Unmold!

JamesY2K's photo
Thu 12/10/20 10:18 AM
Ingredients
For the cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 boxes Jiffy Chocolate Fudge Frosting Mix
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
For the glaze:
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 to 6 teaspoons milk

For the cake:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Generously butter a 12-cup Bundt pan
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour and frosting mix. Stir in the walnuts. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed until fluffy and lighter in color, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each. Stop often to scrape the sides of the bowl. With the mixer running at medium speed, slowly stream in the sugar. Once it is all in, continue to beat at medium speed for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the bowl from the mixer and using a Silicone spatula, fold in the flour-frosting-nut mix until no streaks of flour are present. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the top is just set. It’s very important to not over-bake this cake and you’ll lose the fudgy filling.
Let the cake cool in pan set on a rack for 2 hours, then remove the cake from the pan to cool completely.
For the glaze:
In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, and milk. Start with the smaller amount of milk; add more if needed to reach desired consistency.
Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Let sit 20 minutes to allow the glaze to harden before serving.

JamesY2K's photo
Sun 12/06/20 03:03 PM
Have you ever wondered how they did things before there was the Internet and modern technology?

Take a captcha challenge for example. You know, the one that asks you to select a few pictures of some boats to prove you're not a robot.
How did they do it?

**knocks on door**
Homeowner: Who is it?
Representative: I represent the Fontaine Social Club. Before we can accept you as a member, we ask that you go through this document and circle the images with tramcars in them, just to prove you're not a robot.

Homeowner: I am not a robot.

Representative: That's what they all say.

Okay, so how about something a little more saucy like sending nudes. We all know they had only letters and film cameras. Therefore we all know how that played out.

Julie: I took these pics for you. No one else can see them. ( hands Johnny an envelope)

Johnny: (takes package) I'll look at them later when I get home.

AT HOME

Johnny: hey dad, could I borrow the slide projector?

Dad: Sure, as long as it's for an assignment.

THREE DAYS LATER

Dad: ( to friends) And here is the first picture of our trip up nor... WHO PUT THAT WHITE STAIN ON MY PROJECTOR SCREEN?!!!

Ah, I love the olden days.