Community > Posts By > refuseresist

no photo
Sat 03/21/15 09:51 AM
Yes, it's just visited rarely.

no photo
Wed 11/27/13 08:50 AM
Fill up a rubber dinghy or a truck-size inner tube and gently flow down Mekong river. Shore up on any place that looks interesting and friendly and then keep floating downstream :smile:

no photo
Wed 11/27/13 08:10 AM
Forgotten momentarily, but not forg...no wait. Forgotten but, uh,..

Well I won't forget this again!

no photo
Sat 10/03/09 06:21 AM
No way am I gonna let this silence go on for 100 days =D

no photo
Mon 06/29/09 10:09 AM
Edited by refuseresist on Mon 06/29/09 10:11 AM
Update long time no see.
So far I've got a few packs of socks and underwear, a notebook to hold a diary and stuff I need to remember etc minor thing I will need in London.
Yep, 3 weeks in London is closing up! Wednesday, at midnight, I'll leave Tampere, Finland and wednesday, at midnight I will arrive to London UK woo!
For those who think hand luggage only will never be enough, here's the item's I will have with me:
- socks 3 pairs
- underwear 5 pairs
- 2 t-shirts
- one pair of jeans
- one pair of microfabric trainingpants
- passport
- toothbrush
- cryptic keynumberlist for online banking
- notebook + pen
- tissues
- one warm hoodie
- adapter for local electric outlet
- digicam + usb-cable
- phone, charger and usb-cable
- 100 pounds cash
- credit card, insurance card and other documents
- flipflops that look like shoes. Shoes that are open like flipflops. I dunno what they are called.
- electric shaver
- tickets to The Chap Olympiad Extravaganza 2009 =D
- Madventures International adventurer's guidebook
- Candy for a friend of mine in UK
- Allergy medicine

All this will fit nicely to a bag half the size of standard hand luggage.
Shampoos, toothpastes and deodorants I'll get on location, same goes for clothing should I need more.
Can anyone point out some objects and materia I would really need?

Anyways, when the time comes I'll note on updates on both photographic and video material I'll get on location.
Now, I need to clean up this place, I want it to be sparkling clean when I come back =)

no photo
Fri 06/26/09 10:34 AM
Brother Firetribe - Heart full of Fire

no photo
Fri 06/26/09 09:39 AM
Chisu - Mun koti ei oo täällä
/
Chisu - My home isn't here

no photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:59 AM
Everybody were preparing for midsummer festivities =)

no photo
Sun 05/24/09 12:13 AM
<--

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 11:22 AM
Thanks for replys everyone, I think I'll go with the car. I do feel that getting out of London without being honked at may be impossible for me, but I hope it'll get easier from there. And, a train from London to Bristol (or was it Brighton?) gets you a car for two days..

Once more, thanks for help, I'll post the results of my driving experience (as well as everything else) on my travel diary (can be found on this forum) when the time comes.

Later,
J

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 10:08 AM

But in England, I think 1st is up and right, 2nd down and right, etc..

Think or know?

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:57 AM
Edited by refuseresist on Thu 05/14/09 09:57 AM
But the gears are like "normally", 1st/2nd on the left, and 5th on the right, right?

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:50 AM
I thought of moving around using trains, until I found out what that would cost sad Uk should take a lesson of public transport from Italy, 1euro takes you FAR!

no photo
Thu 05/14/09 09:43 AM
I'm going to London in a few months, and I have been thinking of renting a car and drive around UK a bit.
But in UK, I'd be on the passenger side, and driving on the wrong side of the road scared .

So, has anyone of you had to adapt on driving in opposite-land, and how was it?

no photo
Sat 04/18/09 11:57 AM
Soulfly - I Will Refuse
\m/

no photo
Sat 04/18/09 09:18 AM
Queens of the stone age - Everybody knows that you're insane

no photo
Mon 04/06/09 10:33 AM
Small update:
I have been familiarizing myself to British culture and people by watching some british tv-shows. "Two pints please and a packet of crisps" and "Bottom" =)

I have found that traveling with hand luggage only has become easier. As you may guess, I might have a pint or two in London, and with 5 pints of real ales, I get a free t-shirt yey! Clean shirt every day and no loundry woo!
http://www.londonaletrail.co.uk/
Now if only there was something like this that gives you free underwear =/

And as much as I fear my own impulsiveness, I changed my debit-card to a debit/credit card. Fighting temptations to buy new shiny things is easier than fight to get cash somehow if atm's don't accept your card.

I also wish to note that Madventures, a finnish travel show enjoying a cult-status around here, is now broadcasting (in english) on Travel Channel hallelujah! That show, I'll tell you, is different from any other travel show you've seen before!

Later
J

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 01:32 PM
Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 01:24 PM
Elias Viljanen - Northern breeze

no photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:36 AM
Meshuggah - Disenchantment

Previous 1 3 4 5