Community > Posts By > Serenity1971

Serenity1971's photo
Thu 02/19/09 12:29 AM

Or, you could cast a spell on yourself to make you either less attractive to that person or even possibly a spell that makes you seem entirely too powerful to mess with.

Bindings and retaliatory do often tend to backfire. Karma Karma

A big stick by your front door works pretty well too.:wink:

The invisibility spell works wonders as well. You become invisible to the person you don't want attention from. They see you but don't realize it's you. It's similar to the attractive/unattractive except better when dealing with those that consistantly try to weasel their way into your life.

biggrin

Serenity1971's photo
Mon 12/29/08 08:00 AM
Clean since 04/15/87 and sober since 08/01/02.

No one promised me life would get easy, but they did tell me it would get different. Life on life's terms can be difficult to handle at times but I always have to remember that the only thing I can change is me and my outlook on everything.

As long as I'm always in acceptance, life is good no matter what happens.

Serenity1971's photo
Mon 12/29/08 07:32 AM

Oh goodie, a crystal expert. :smile:

I bought two very large selenite crystals. I wasn't paying attention when I purchased them. I was going to use them for wand tips. But when I got them they were huge. They are at least 2 inches in diameter and about 4 inches tall. They are heavy! They feel like a 5-lb. bag of sugar. I never weighed them but it's going to be close to that.

This is what they look like:

Anyway, I read up on they and discovered quite by accident that selenite crystals are supposed to be good for inducing lucid dreams. So I've placed them on the headboard of my bed. One to the right and one to the left.

My place does have a habit of getting quite dusty. And I would normally wash something like these crystals off. So if that grounds them then maybe that's not a good idea. Although if I can recharge them it seems to me that grounding them wouldn't hurt.

In any case, should I maybe put covers over them during the day to keep the dust off and just uncover them at night when I go to sleep?

The other thing I was thinking about was building light boxes for them and illuminate them at night. At first I was thinking of doing this just for the visual appeal. But then I read where putting crystals on light boxes is supposed to excite them and give them energy to transform into their own wavelength.

I have been going through some changes since I've bought. But then again, when I am not going through changes? laugh

I feel a deep-seated urge to become more organized and more productive. But then again, I think I actually felt that way about becoming involved with witchcraft which is one of the reasons I bought the crystals in the first place.

I also have a very nice quartz crystal that I want to use as a wand tip. I've been keeping it in the cloth bag it came in for now.

Finally, I bought some polished amethyst stones.

I have no clue why. laugh

The just called to me.

I have an intuitive desire to incorporate them into the handle of magic wand. I haven't even picked out a branch to use as a handle yet, although I have my eye on a knurly one. I just need to cut it off the tree and get to work making the magic wand. I'm not sure precisely how to attach the quartz tip. I don't like the idea of gluing it on. I was thinking about making a wire frame (or a leather lace) to strap it onto the handle.

I would like to learn how to make decent crystal wands. I'm hoping to make several wands to give to other witches, but I ordered the wrong crystals. laugh

Not to fear, I'm ordering some quartz tips as we speak.

Selenite does react well when it is heated, it does energize them more and they become more active. All you have to do is blow the dust off, or you can go to the womens cosmetics section and get a blush or powder brush and use that (the softer the brush the better). By the way that piece of selenite is beautiful. Considering how large it is, it probably cost you a fortune.

Tips for making wands...

Use ether wire or leather for attaching a tip to it whether it's quartz crystal or something else. Leather is more preferable due to the damage wire can cause.

Carve the holes deep enough for the other stones you will use but slightly smaller than their diameter, so you can pop them in there rather than glue them in.

Amethyst is an excellent stone for wands and that's the reason they called to you.

When ou get ready to make your wand and you wat a particular branch from a tree, make sure you ask the tree for permission to take the branch and the reason why. Many times when you ask and give the reason, the tree can be as bold with allowing it as to break it off itself, but most times it will drop that branch down lower in order to make it mor accessable. When you ask the tree permission, plant flower seeds at the base of the tree or something that particular tree will use to flourish. NOTE: Only take the absolute neccessary length of branch you need for your wand, don't take more than that or it will think you are being over zealous.

When making wands for others, have them pick their own stones for it and their branch. This way it is suited to them.

As far as ordering "the wrong crystals"...You never order the wrong crystals, there's always a reason why they were ordered.

flowers

Serenity1971's photo
Sun 12/28/08 10:29 PM
Most of us who have been practicing a long time don't use binding spells unless absolutely neccessary. Binding spells should only be done with elders that know how to protect the ones that need it and throw it to the one that needs to be bound. I've been practicing for over 25 years and I've only done one binding spell in that time. I've sent people away unbeknownst to them why they felt compelled to leave, but other than that it's better to use a group of elders to do binding. If you do a binding by yourself or with others that have some experience you could end up binding yourselves as well as the person you want to bind from doing harm.

The easiest way to make someone leave is a balloon spell and it works like a charm every time.

flowerforyou

Serenity1971's photo
Sun 12/28/08 09:39 PM
Edited by Serenity1971 on Sun 12/28/08 09:46 PM

Whatever you do, don't wash the crystal. It loses it's pure energy if you do.

I didn't know this.

Yes...You have to be very careful with which ones you wash due to the properties of the crystals. Some can actually disintegrate into sand if you wash them.

All crystals can be cleansed using moonlight, it just depends on the time of year and where you are due to leaving it out during the daylight. For instance...You don't want to cleanse a quartz crystal in the middle of the summer near something that catches fire. The sun will make it hot enough to start a fire where it is or where the sun reflects through it. Though quartz crystal can be washed in sea salt and water, it still needs to be recharged through moonlight and earth. Which goes for many of them.

Serenity1971's photo
Sun 12/28/08 09:12 PM

The Power of Vibrational Frequencies

I'm still trying to tune into the frequencies of my selenite crystals.

No luck yet, but someday,...

Sorry James I couldn't quote the whole thing since I can only give you input on crystals (one of my specialties) I work with them all the time. The only thing I do know is that bongo drums are on a low to mid range frequency, and they are great for doing circles.

The frequencies of selenite crystals is very high. They are a protective as well as cleansing stones. If you look back to the way things were around you before you acquired it and look at things since you've acquired it, you'll probably notice many changes that you may not have realized.

I'm ot sure how much you know about this particular crystal or crystals in general, so in case you don't....

Whatever you do, don't wash the crystal. It loses it's pure energy if you do. To cleanse it put it outside in the moonlight at the full moon. Put it out at sunrise the morning of and then bring it in at sunrise the morning after to charge it as well as cleanse it. Set it where it can receive the most moonlight yet not where it will be disturbed by anything.

Serenity1971's photo
Sat 12/27/08 11:13 PM

Today is the Dark Moon. It's a very good time to write down anything you want to get rid of and burn it in your cauldron.

Too bad my cauldron is still in NY

tears

Why is it there???

Because origially when I moved to Arizona almost 2 years ago, I was supposed to have been able to move everything within a couple of months but things happened that made it impossible to do. I have a few more months before I'll be going back and getting everything

Serenity1971's photo
Sat 12/27/08 01:07 PM

Today is the Dark Moon. It's a very good time to write down anything you want to get rid of and burn it in your cauldron.

Too bad my cauldron is still in NY

tears

Serenity1971's photo
Fri 12/26/08 09:21 PM
Edited by Serenity1971 on Fri 12/26/08 09:23 PM

I've been doing it 25 years and I'm still learning.

I noticed your in Bakersfield. We're neighbors. I'm in Palmdale in the Antelope Valley. drinker

I was wondering where you were. We're not that far from each other at all...Maybe we'll have to get together and pick each others brain about our various experiences.

You're invited too James if you get over to our part of the world

Serenity1971's photo
Fri 12/26/08 09:14 PM

James is a great guy...I knew exactly what you meant with what you said. If I remember correctly he actually said something one time that made me rethink a reaction to what someone had said about a post I made. I don't remember if it was in this forum or an old one we were on together. I'm not willing to go through over 500 posts to find out either :laughing:

Yes, He only started studying witchcraft a few months ago and he has already taught me a few things.

I've been doing it 25 years and I'm still learning.

Serenity1971's photo
Fri 12/26/08 09:08 PM

Thank you! I had read this before but never printed it out. Now I have it. bigsmile

You're very welcome. I'm waiting to get my flair back into my calligraphy, and then I'm going to use my india inks and put it on parchment and then frame it. I have it in my book of shadows just as a reminder. There are times I'd like to do something against the rules, but this always stops me from doing that tongue2

Serenity1971's photo
Fri 12/26/08 09:04 PM

James is a good instructor though. He used to do that as a profession I do believe so hes very adept at explaining difficult concepts in an easy to understand manner. He kind of breaks everything down. Ive learned a lot from him and he's only just new to Witchcraft and Shamanism himself but he's so very diligent about keeping records of everything he is doing and reporting on it. He's a Gemini also and thats one of their attributes.

I hope neither he nor anyone else took my comment as an insult. I like James very much and he is a very good teacher. flowerforyou

James is a great guy...I knew exactly what you meant with what you said. If I remember correctly he actually said something one time that made me rethink a reaction to what someone had said about a post I made. I don't remember if it was in this forum or an old one we were on together. I'm not willing to go through over 500 posts to find out either :laughing:

Serenity1971's photo
Fri 12/26/08 08:54 PM
Thank you for your warm welcomes in the other thread. flowers

I've been in the other forums and have done nothing but stirred trouble...Go figure whoa oops

Anyway since the thread seems more apropriate, I want to share something with you all. This is something that was written many years ago by an unknown author. I'm quite sure that many of you have either read it somewhere or can at least relate to it...

To be a Witch

To be a witch is to love and be loved.

To be a witch is to know everything, and nothing at all.

To be a witch is to move amongst the stars while staying on earth.

To be a witch is to change the world around you, and yourself.

To be a witch is to share and give, while receiving all the while.

To be a witch is to dance and sing, and hold hands with the universe.

To be a witch is to honor the gods, and yourself.

To be a witch is to BE magick, not just perform it.

To be a witch is to be honorable, or nothing at all.

To be a witch is to accept others who are not.

To be a witch is to know what you feel is right and good.

To be a witch is to harm none.

To be a witch is to know the ways of old.

To be a witch is to see beyond the barriers.

To be a witch is to follow the moon.

To be a witch is to be one with the gods.

To be a witch is to study and to learn.

To be a witch is to be the teacher and the student.

To be a witch is to acknowledge the truth.

To be a witch is to live with the earth, not just on it.

To be a witch is to be truly free!

~author unknown

Serenity1971's photo
Fri 12/26/08 06:48 AM
It's been a while since I've been in here, but I'm glad to know that not much has changed :laughing:

James you're becoming wiser each time I read your posts. flowers

If you really want to get down to the nuts and bolts of the bible and why it came to be, here's a brief synopsis...

The stories within the bible can be traced back to old pagan and mythological stories. Just change the names. Christianity was formed due to a king wanting control of his kingdom, and his advisor had come up with the "brilliant" idea of controlling them by way of their "religion". Once it took hold and others saw how much control he had over his kingdom, the others followed his ways, so they too would have the control over theirs.

I've always found it ironic that the stories of mythology have stayed in place and are even taught in schools, yet it's frowned upon to worhip Gods and there's definitely no such thing as a Goddess. The of course we have Mother Nature whom has stayed in place all through the times...hmmmmm I wonder how they rationalize that!?!

I'm not knocking those that follow the bible or those that believe differently than those of us that follow old tradition. Everyone has their own path. Some follow a path while other make one. It's all about choices. As for me...I prefer to make mine rather than follow someone elses.

biggrin

Serenity1971's photo
Thu 12/25/08 09:14 PM
Just moved here to Bakersfield at the beginning of December waving

Serenity1971's photo
Thu 10/23/08 09:47 PM

I hope it turns out to do well. I have MS and have found most of the drugs offered to be lacking sorely (after reading the small print and ALL of the possible side effects). The cost of them alone will kill you, 6000.00 dollars for three months and then the tests they have done on them is usually mostly inconclusive. There is an underlying push for them from the pharmecutical companies.

I studied the natural forms of therapy for MS and found the fish oil and they are recommending flax oil too but that one has no conclusive tests.

I recommend that if you have MS and are not on blood thinners of any kind, you start a regiment of high quality fish oil daily maximum dose. It, a multivitamin and flax oil did more for me than any of the prescriptions they gave.

I wish you strength and life clarity. Quality of life is important, so I wish you the best of it that can be had considering.flowerforyou

I know exactly what you mean. I did the injections and I had to stop them for one reason or another. Then I did the novantrone (chemo) and that nearly killed me (literally). The neuro is talking about possibly doing the stem cell replacement, but with this news I may not have to. I have done the oils and such, but no real results from them.

Serenity1971's photo
Thu 10/23/08 09:14 PM
Great news for those of us that have MS....

New hope for multiple sclerosis sufferers
22 October 2008

A drug which was developed in Cambridge and initially designed to treat a form of leukaemia has also proven effective against combating the debilitating neurological disease multiple sclerosis (MS).

The study, led by researchers from the University of Cambridge, has found that alemtuzumab not only stops MS from advancing in patients with early stage active relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) but may also restore lost function caused by the disease. The findings were published today in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Alemtuzumab has a long connection with Cambridge, England. In 1984, Cambridge scientist Cesar Milstein was awarded the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine, jointly with George Kohler, for inventing the technology to make large quantities of a desired type of monoclonal antibody. Further work in Cambridge, by Herman Waldmann and Greg Winter, led to the production of the first humanised monoclonal antibody for use as a medicine, Campath-1H, now known as alemtuzumab. It has been licensed for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, and has also been tested in several diseases where the immune system is overactive, such as multiple sclerosis.

The new study, which was funded by Genzyme and Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Germany , found that alemtuzumab reduces the number of attacks experienced by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis by 74 per cent over and above that achieved with interferon beta-1a, one of the most effective licensed therapies for similar cases of MS. More importantly, alemtuzumab also reduced the risk of sustained accumulation of disability by 71 per cent compared to interferon beta-1a.

Additionally, the investigators showed that many individuals in the trial who received alemtuzumab recovered some of their lost functions and so were less disabled after three years than at the beginning of the study, in contrast to worsening disability in the interferon beta-1a treated patients. These findings suggest that alemtuzumab may allow damaged brain tissue to repair, enabling the recovery of neurologic functions lost following poor recovery from previous MS attacks.

The new research shows that alemtuzumab is a much more effective treatment for early-stage RRMS than the currently approved drug interferon beta-1a. However, as the study was a Phase 2 clinical trial, additional research will need to be conducted before the drug is considered for approval in the treatment of MS.

"Alemtuzumab is the most promising experimental drug for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, and we are hopeful that the Phase 3 trials will confirm that it can both stabilize and allow some recovery of what had previously been assumed to be irreversible disabilities," says the principal investigator Alastair Compston, Professor of Neurology and the Head of the Department of Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Cambridge.

Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune disease which is caused by the body's immune system attacking nerve fibres and their protective insulation, the myelin sheath, in the central nervous system. This damage prevents the nerves from 'firing' properly, and then leads to their destruction, resulting in physical and intellectual disabilities. Alemtuzumab works by destroying one population of white blood cell (lymphocytes) and, by shutting down the immune system, inhibits the damage to brain tissue that occurs in MS.

"The ability of an MS drug to promote brain repair is unprecedented. We are witnessing a drug which, if given early enough, might effectively stop the advancement of the disease and also restore lost function by promoting repair of the damaged brain tissue," says Dr Alasdair Coles, University Lecturer at the Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge who coordinated many aspects of the study.

The main side effect of treatment is, paradoxically, that people can develop other autoimmune diseases as the immune system gradually recovers following exposure to alemtuzumab. During the trial, 20% of people treated with alemtuzumab developed an over- or under-active thyroid gland. Rarely (3%) people developed a low platelet count and were vulnerable to bleeding. This complication led to one fatality during the trial. Although potentially very serious, this complication can be easily treated if recognised early.

The Phase 2 clinical study involved 334 patients who had been diagnosed with early-stage RRMS but had not previously been treated. Patients either received alemtuzumab (one of two dose levels intravenously for five days initially and three days of re-treatment 12 months later) or interferon beta-1a (given by injection three times per week). The patients were followed for three years to determine the efficacy of the treatments as well as the effect on the patients' disabilities.

MS affects almost 100,000 people in the United Kingdom, 400,000 in the United States and several million worldwide. Symptoms of the disease can include loss of physical skills, sensation, vision, bladder control, and intellectual abilities.

Serenity1971's photo
Sun 08/10/08 04:28 PM
Edited by Serenity1971 on Sun 08/10/08 04:30 PM

Ok, I think I get it now. Individual who wants to drink, calling other members, looking for someone to go drink with.
My sponser told me its the sickest, saddest drunks that make it to AA. And just because they get here doesn't mean they will get sober, or stay that way. And further they may get dried out and still continue with some messed up actions.

It's kinda f"d up and funny at the same time. Why call other AA's?? Why not just go out with the old crowd? Maybe it was a cry for help.

I have to agree with the cry for help. I celebrated 6 years on August 1st.

I've known a few that have done the phone list thing, and it was a cry for help. Apparently those people on that phone list forgot the resposibility pledge, and forgot what it's like to want to drink. Fortunately I have been able to be there for a few people that did call me because they were looking to get drunk. The only reason I was able to be there is because I was sober, and had the ability to listen, ask questions and relay my story to them. I don't say this to put a feather in my cap nor to pat myself on the back. Last I checked it's a "We" program and there's no I in we.

Just because we get sober doesn't mean we get well. It only means that for today we have a daily reprieve and that relies solely on my spiritual condition. As long as I have contact with my HP, read my big book, work the steps to the best of my ability, use the tools that I was freely given and have contact with at least one other drunk I might just make it through the day.

There are a lot of people that come into the rooms of AA simply because they have to and not because they want to. There are a few that end up wanting to be there when they've come in because they had to, but it is never guaranteed that they stay unless someone reaches out to them and they hear the message they need to hear. The ones that go back out haven't hit their bottom yet and everyone has a different bottom. It's like an elevator...You can get off on any floor you choose to but some have to go all the way down to the basement in order to come back up.

I almost forgot to add....

Does Love, Patience and Tolerance ring any bells here?

Serenity1971's photo
Sun 06/22/08 12:06 AM
I'm already complete, I just need some polishing. I would definitely want someone that compliments me and I would rather that we complimented each other flowerforyou

Serenity1971's photo
Sat 06/21/08 11:13 PM
I had a similar problem back in December. I also use BoA, I called the 800 number and reported my card stolen as I had gotten an email stating that charges were made to my account.

They sent me the paperwork even though I was going to be out of town, they sent it to where I was going to be. I filled it out, brought it to the bank and they faxed it over to the department it needed to go to. In less than 48 hours they credited my account for the amounts that were charged and in 90 days they found that it was not a charge I had made and sent me a letter stating that it was cleared. They didn't stop me from using my account or taking the money out of it. I've never had a problem with them, they've always done right by me.

flowerforyou

Previous 1 3 4