Community > Posts By > ZAfterlife

ZAfterlife's photo
Sat 12/31/11 11:36 AM
Thank you to everyone that checked out my profile and offered suggestions. I made some changes and would appreciate any more feedback to let me know if I'm on the right track or need to add more (or remove some stuff). Thank you again for your help!!!

ZAfterlife's photo
Sat 12/31/11 11:10 AM
Thank you for your suggestions!

ZAfterlife's photo
Fri 12/30/11 04:15 PM
Decided to start working on my new years resolution early and ask for help. I'm typically a good writer but I just can't seem to come up with a profile that catches attention (in a good way!). Is there anyone (or large groups of people) that can come to my aid and help me rescue my profile? All positive suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

ZAfterlife's photo
Thu 03/24/11 05:55 PM
It would be polite if you gently but firmly put her out of her misery. Don't say anything encouraging like saying that you had a great time too...
Just politely let her know that you wanted to give her the courtesy of a response but you really were not that attracted to her. Wish her the best and hope that she finds a man that is truly deserving of her.
End it there and no future commentary is needed after that.

ZAfterlife's photo
Sat 01/29/11 02:23 PM
Okay, if it was me I'd lead with the last two paragraphs.
Drop the hobo comment!
Unless your looking to have someone move in with you tomorrow I'm really not sure why you would want to mention the RV and the parks? It is what it is and your comfortable with it-so why try to sell it as a deal breaker up front? All you really need to say is that your currently travelling about and seeing the country, you don't have a fixed address at this point in time. Mention what you love most about that situation...
The sentence about the animals is confusing-first you say that you have lots of them and then you mention that some people think your an animal lover-what do 'you' think? Do you love them and want to mention them or not?
Best wishes!!!!

ZAfterlife's photo
Sat 01/29/11 01:23 PM
I think Twilights Twin said it best.
Doesn't really seem to be anything in your profile that indicates that your actually looking for a woman to date-everything in it seems to be that your looking for a few friends and you'll be happy for them if the find the right man and leave you.
Its a nice biography but its not designed to present you in the best possible light.
Great photo though-keep that!
Don't sell yourself short, take a deep breath, regroup and figure out what you really do want out of life and what you really have to offer someone else.
Gotta love the life that you have now! Make the most of the time that you have now and celebrate it.

ZAfterlife's photo
Fri 12/17/10 04:25 PM
I know that hard times are everywhere around us, either in the news or affecting us personally but if anyone feels blessed and fortunate this season here is an opportunity to share.
Our local radio station put on a representative from Toys for Tots and he was lamenting that he has never seen the warehouse shelves this empty. They hadn't turned anyone away yet but everything was going out as quickly as it came in.
This year instead of buying my parents something that they really can't use or don't really need I donated on their behalf to a group that needs our help...
Anyone else out there feeling blessed and looking for a way to share?

ZAfterlife's photo
Wed 07/14/10 04:40 PM
I know that you want to keep it-but you really did ask for an opinion here...
Keep the moustache but I'm afraid I'm going to vote for loosing the beard....

Best wishes

ZAfterlife's photo
Sat 07/10/10 04:05 PM
I can understand your concerns because of the aunt etc but I think you should still try to keep your cool a bit. If you make her totally paranoid-she will clam up and you will lose your opportunity to talk to her. When you do talk to her it should be in a very non-judgemental open way. Find out gently what her thoughts are on dating and boundaries. You might be surprised to find that although she likes the idea of dating-that maybe she has seen the mistakes that the relatives made and is determined to not go down that path! You need to gently describe what your expectations are but I think its almost impossible to physically control your childrens activities. Just do the best you can with the time that you have with them and stay positive.
Best wishes!

ZAfterlife's photo
Mon 08/24/09 05:40 PM
Thank you everyone for your input!

ZAfterlife's photo
Mon 08/24/09 05:39 PM
I think I have just been overly polite and giving him the benefit of the doubt a few too many times.

ZAfterlife's photo
Mon 08/24/09 05:27 PM
Thanks!
I was sort of wondering if he was just trying to push my buttons so that I would be the one to say goodbye and he'd be off the hook.

ZAfterlife's photo
Mon 08/24/09 05:26 PM
Nothing better going on so I'm sort of hanging out just to see what he's up to.

ZAfterlife's photo
Mon 08/24/09 05:24 PM
I'm on another website and was chatting with someone, he suggested we meet for dinner at a restaurant but never got back to me with a time. Another week passed and he suggested again that we meet at the restaurant-same story. Got back a week later and he said that we should meet that weekend, same story. Got back a week later and he suggested we meet at the restaurant and he'll call....
What game is he playing?????

ZAfterlife's photo
Sun 06/07/09 02:04 PM
I'm not sure if I completely agree with the logic. I had a cat before I got divorced.
I realized that I needed to care for and take care of myself and be independent and not define myself by who I'm with so I fill my time with projects that make me happy.
When the right man comes along-I'm here and I'm enjoying my life. Just not desperate or needy to find one. So while I'm waiting I'm having fun and creating some great pieces of art and enriching my life.

ZAfterlife's photo
Wed 06/03/09 07:34 PM
making something special for them

ZAfterlife's photo
Sun 05/31/09 07:20 PM
I have a hard time being myself if I really care about them and don't want to blow it.

In this case you've already said goodbye to him-so the pressure is off-you can't blow it!

Sounds like he is still interested and cares...
So sit down and have an honest chat with him. If he can deal with it and help you a bit-great. If not then at least he has some closure and you have some practice at opening up and sharing your feelings.

But yeah, you still need to work on the self esteem and learning to really love and appreciate yourself!

ZAfterlife's photo
Sat 05/23/09 08:33 PM
All the time!

ZAfterlife's photo
Sat 05/23/09 08:28 PM
I always want to follow my heart but I'm just dreaming... I know that my brain has read the situation right.

ZAfterlife's photo
Wed 05/20/09 07:10 PM
I sold some old kayaking gear. Went very smoothly.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10