Thu 04/08/21 10:18 PM
A B C

A barber chair.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 10:16 PM
eclectic

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:50 PM
And speaking of Kiefer...I actually just watched one of his movies from the 90s last night that I hadn't seen in a long time.
"The Vanishing" I forgot how good that movie was.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:47 PM
Yes, in a way it's best to end on a high. Like with "24". Thousands are still longing for Jack Bauer to come back but that won't ever happen. They likely could've dragged it out, even though it must've been getting physically tough on Kiefer. I suspect that's why they stopped as well. But isn't that better than dragging it out past its prime?
I also would want Jack Bauer to come back, but I rather be left with that feeling than coming to think, "Geezzz man.. shouldn't you quit and retire by now?"

Yes I agree.
Ending a series on a high note, definitely increases the quality of the show and makes it more memorable.
But unfortunately producers and hollywood always seem to put $$ over quality.
If something has been popular and been profitable, they will beat it like a dead horse.
I can think of tons of movies like that, where they just had to do sequels when they probably should not have.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:35 PM
what is a nicotine "plaster"? is that like the patch?
Yes... smoking is the hardest habit for me to give up.
I really would like to quit. But it's so hard to just stop and never smoke again.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:31 PM
The macho man Randy Savage.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:30 PM
I think HS gym class was probably a lot more dangerous when I was in school than it is today. I remember we had a climbing rope that went up about 20 feet with nothing but a thin Matt at the bottom in case you fell. And the peg board wall that you climbed up by putting pegs in the holes to pull yourself up.
Do they even have that kind of stuff in gym classes anymore?

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:26 PM
I think MMA and the rise of the UFC really hurt the boxing industry.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:25 PM
I love boxing.
I grew up watching it. I think today's HW division is nothing compared to what it was in the past. I think the 90s was the last great era in boxing, with Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:16 PM
Why should men be able to move on and find someone else, but a woman not be able to do the same?

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 02:10 PM
I think I watched 2 seasons, if that, and got bored. And like I suspected then, it became a series that they'd milk until there's no milk to get anymore. It would've been better if they had kept it short and sweet, like 3 seasons, and actually working toward a solution as opposed to dragging it out.
Obviously many do enjoy it otherwise the milk would've dried up by now, hihi.

True. especially when they not only started dragging it out, but started spin off series too. like "fear the walking dead" and "twd the world beyond" like 1 series wasn't enough now they're doing spinoffs? lol. I never had the slightest interest in any of those.
I think Negan is the main reason the show is still somewhat interesting to me still.
But yeah, I see your point...how much longer can they possibly drag this thing out.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 01:29 PM
X Files.

*Is it possible to go directly to the last page of a thread, without having to scroll all the way from page 1? it's a little annoying...lol

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 01:05 PM
I was really into TWD for the longest time.
I bought seasons 1-7 on dvd. Then I felt like the show started getting a little repetitive, and I started becoming more occupied with other things, and I kind of lost interest. Rick leaving the show kind of did it for me. I Stopped buying box sets and only occasionally caught an episode on tv.
I'm not even sure what season they are up to now...10 I think?
Then I watched last week's episode where it told the history and back story of Negan. Great episode! One of the most important episodes of the entire series. I like his character so much. I might have to start catching back up.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 12:50 PM
Is your town that small that it would be off for him to be there?
I always try to say hello. especially if the split was mutual, and we can both stay friendly.
If it's someone that things are a little bit messy, I would still probably at least say Hi, and acknowledge them. Otherwise I think it would make me look as if I'm still sweating it.
Unless of course if I felt like things with this person were so ugly that the best thing to do would be to simply ignore them.
I guess it really depends on the situation and the person.

Nick's photo
Thu 04/08/21 12:01 PM
Anxious Alligator