Community > Posts By > murmureddream

murmureddream's photo
Wed 07/02/08 09:57 PM
theres nothing wrong with that at all.

we are very kind though hard to connect with..

especially with the opposite sex.

best possible nerd attribute? absolute dedication to the things we love.

and who doesn't want that?

:smile:

murmureddream's photo
Tue 07/01/08 07:46 PM
From The Big Kahuna:

Larry Mann: Well, I'll be a son of a *****! I don't smoke, you quit drinking, Bob here wouldn't even dream of looking at another woman with lust... between the three of us, we're practically Jesus.

Larry Mann: Did you mention perhaps what line of industrial lubricants Jesus would have endorsed?

Larry Mann: Here's to the profound religious experience that comes from doing a job well and being grossly underpaid!

Phil Cooper: I'm saying you've already done plenty of things to regret, you just don't know what they are. It's when you discover them, when you see the folly in something you've done, and you wish that you had it do over, but you know you can't, because it's too late. So you pick that thing up, and carry it with you to remind you that life goes on, the world will spin without you, you really don't matter in the end. Then you will gain character, because honesty will reach out from inside and tattoo itself across your face.

Phil Cooper: A man hasn't any idea what his soul looks like until he gazes into the eyes for the woman that he's married to. And then, if he's any kind of decent human being, he spends the next couple of days throwing up. Because no honest man can stand that image.

Phil Cooper: It doesn't matter whether you're selling Jesus or Buddha or civil rights or 'How to Make Money in Real Estate With No Money Down.' That doesn't make you a human being; it makes you a marketing rep. If you want to talk to somebody honestly, as a human being, ask him about his kids. Find out what his dreams are - just to find out, for no other reason. Because as soon as you lay your hands on a conversation to steer it, it's not a conversation anymore; it's a pitch. And you're not a human being; you're a marketing rep.

murmureddream's photo
Mon 06/30/08 07:56 PM
nine inch nails is ine of the few bands i still listen to since high school..
but his music has changed with each lineup. i've not cared for the slip or year zero.. with teeth was above average. i don't expect him to reclaim his glory days (like the smashing pumpkins) but i'll still listen to anything new he puts out.

did anyone get the 36 track Ghosts album? that is what i wish NIN would be doing. Trent could have a massively successful solo career..

murmureddream's photo
Sun 06/29/08 06:40 PM

no , match's for me ! :cry:

no matches for me either bro ohwell

likewise.

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 09:49 PM
MorningSong:

It comes down to 2 things-- some people just don't have the capacity for faith and some people don't need an explanation for life.

It's similar to how some people just can't master trigonomitry. its easy to explain the concepts and processes, but for some it just won't come as easy as it will for others. the majority of agnostics, secularists, and atheists understand the point of religion. and many, like myself, respect those beliefs. BUT- theres a failure to completely incorporate it into their own life. you use basic math everyday. but not the higher level math. ie: the 10 commandments and the ideas of mercy and forgiveness that Jesus stood for is simple to understand and apply to life. accepting a 1500-1900 year old tome is the "word of God" and how we need to worship an omipresent force.. that confuses me no matter how much i understand it. i could probably see a pastor raise someone from a coma by simply touching them, and still not believe there's a higher power. it just isn't going to stick.

And secondly; i marvel at nature and the stars too. i marvel at how complex and unique the human body is. and that's it. i don't ask myself why or how. i go "wow" and move on with my life. all religions came about because early human minds couldn't understand the world. so they invented ideas that explained it all. why? they were scared of the unknown. simple as that. then the Greeks started asking questions of life. and many gave their own ideas. and, like math, these new ideas were a bit confusing after generations of people lived their lives under just the one standard. flash forward 3000 years or so and nothing has really changed in that area. this is just a heated topic as it was centuries ago. for every answer religion has, science asks "why?" faith is the chasm between the 2. and that's the point of faith. you're on either one side or the other. or i guess you're on that little rickety, unstable bridge that link the 2 called creationism.

does any of that make sense to you? or to anyone? i'm kinda tired..

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 08:56 PM
LOST=LIFE

best damn show still going.

followed closely by Heroes.

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 08:42 PM

I like all kinds of freaky stuff though. Twin Peaks was a weird show, but I loved it. And my daughter started watching it with me today and she got hooked into it right away, so it must be good.

it is an excellent show i'm told. David Lynch is a great director/writer.

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 08:30 PM
The Strangers looked like it might be good. anyone see that?

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 07:54 PM

Haven't seen that one in a while. Is it just me or has it been a long time since anyone has made a great movie?

it's not just you.

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 07:53 PM

whats all this then?

well, we all hangout here. then feral finds people that she thinks you might get along with, and gets you both talking. If you hit it off, all good, if you dont, you say match me again.

ahh. thanks man. i hope this feral is up for a challenge then.

match me, and good luck.
welcome to the looney bin... may i assist you with your straightjacket LOL, seriously deb is awesome in her matches, and shadow does a pretty good job too. after all they helped a hopeless romantic as myself LOL

thanks, but i brought my own :wink:
and that's good to hear cuz i'm a pretty hopeless romantic too.
well maybe %60 hopeless and %40 romantic.. and %5 weird.

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 07:45 PM

match me, and good luck.

Hiya murmured. waving
Welcome to our humble abode.

thanks. its cozy

murmureddream's photo
Sat 06/28/08 07:36 PM

whats all this then?

well, we all hangout here. then feral finds people that she thinks you might get along with, and gets you both talking. If you hit it off, all good, if you dont, you say match me again.

match me, and good luck.

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:11 PM
anyone? looking for new tunes..

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:58 PM
Ask person if they would like to hear the funniest knock-knock joke ever.
Then, ask them to start.
Watch their confused reaction when you say "who's there?"

priceless.

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:44 PM
The Becoming (Still version) - Nine Inch Nails

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:41 PM
i'm still kinda of new to the Richmond area and was wondering where there's a good place for live music or a club (not bars). i know about The National already.. i'll be going there often this summer..

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:33 PM
thats the best find ever!

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:28 PM
whats all this then?

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 07:48 PM
..and this would be why i don't do this ****e.

thanks for the 2 nice comments.

murmureddream's photo
Fri 06/27/08 07:32 PM
Bryan

Previous 1