Community > Posts By > ViaMusica

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:54 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sat 06/29/13 10:01 PM

If you do not mind could you say a brief summary that defines your faith?

How about I give you links to my religion's website, and let you explore? This page explains our Seven Principles and the spiritual sources for our faith:

What Unitarian Universalists Believe

And here's a link that will give you some idea of our view regarding sacred texts:

Sacred Texts in Unitarian Universalism

Here, I'll also throw in an overview of our religious history:

Our Historic Faith

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:36 PM
It means they've moved your topic to a different section of the forum. Click the title of your topic and it will take you there.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:33 PM

what kind of Govt./faith/religion do you think is prophesied when Yahshua comes back and sets up rule for 1000 years? that is if you believe in the 1000 year rule when Yahshua comes back.

No, we don't believe in that.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:29 PM
Really? You're going to wear it like that?

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:23 PM
I met and dated someone who was on that site. :smile:

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:21 PM
I think it would be interesting to live in Scotland, say maybe Edinburgh. Or in Toronto, Ontario, as it's one of my favorite cities. Not so much in midwinter, though, LOL.

Then there's the south of France, and a whole bunch of other places I think I'd like.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:17 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sat 06/29/13 09:18 PM
Great... I click ONCE to submit my post, and the system posts it TWICE. This has been happening to me a lot tonight. Grr.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:17 PM

If a person had to save up enough money to be able to support two adults for a year with neither of them working, marriage would be reserved only for the very wealthy because nobody else would be able to afford it.

So that's pretty unrealistic right there.

Also, women these days aren't regarded as the property of their fathers, so that business about a man going to the father of the woman he wants to marry... uh, no. We women are perfectly capable of handling our own decisions about marriage, thank you.

These customs are old and outmoded for some very good reasons.

Can you prove your position from the Bible?

No, and fortunately there's no need for me to do so.

You prove to non believers your faith does not really mean that much. scripture says to study to show YOURSELF approved. why?

That you may give EVEYONE an answer of the Glory of your faith

Miles, two problems:

I think you're a bit confused about my faith. We don't use "scripture" the same way you do, and we regard the bible very differently from the way you seem to.

Secondly, I know of NO ONE, not even in the most stringently devout fundamentalist Christian household, who believes a married couple needs to be able to afford a year without work in order to get married. If you had to afford that, could YOU ever get married?

My answers and opinions are based on what's realistic in the world we live in. My faith's "glory" is in the fact that it is realistically applicable in today's modern world.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:10 PM

Disappointed

Sorry to hear that. sad2

Something to make you feel better? flowerforyou

I'm feeling stuck... as in, I kind of wish this chapter would just take over and write itself already.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 09:00 PM

If a person had to save up enough money to be able to support two adults for a year with neither of them working, marriage would be reserved only for the very wealthy because nobody else would be able to afford it.

Also, women these days aren't regarded as the property of their fathers, so that business about a man going to the father of the woman he wants to marry... uh, no. We women are perfectly capable of handling our own decisions about marriage, thank you.

Can you prove your position from the Bible?

No, and fortunately there's no need for me to do so.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:59 PM
Revenant

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:56 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sat 06/29/13 08:57 PM

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:44 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sat 06/29/13 08:50 PM
(forum glitch)

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:44 PM
Fallacious

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:41 PM
Nanometer

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:35 PM

I would love to be in a great relationship with a guy who would say romantic things to me a lot. smitten

Oh Via...I just melt when you smile at me. smitten

what What? Not doing it for ya? rofl

Oooh, that makes me just feel so... so...

Nah. Let's go get some ice cream instead.
rofl

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:31 PM
Nitromagnesite

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:30 PM
who wanted to

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 08:25 PM

Acciaccatura

:thumbsup:

Bladderwrack