Community > Posts By > SonnyA89

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 04:40 PM
Tall, dark, handsome men are a rarity and women understand this. It depends on personal choice. Usually though alpha-males are put under the category of tall, dark handsome and women dig that. They want someone who is mature and would fight for them while still being attractive and playful. Mysterious too.

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 04:37 PM
Looks are an added bonus and make it much easier to daydream about your significant other. Personality and traits should come first though. I like a mix of both but that's just my personal preference. Cheers!

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 04:32 PM

Dhimmi-Status of anyone not Muslim and a possible conversion to Islam ought to be enough of a turnoff!

Why do you say that? Perhaps you have just met the wrong Muslims and been watching to much CNN. I am for humanity, love and understanding. I partake in charity events and fundraisers for my community. I'm looking for a better world. Please do not let the actions of some affect your judgement on the rest. If I were to find another Christian woman and marry her I would let her practice her faith without any interference. Understanding and sacrifice are forms of love. :) Hope your day is going well.

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 04:28 PM
How hard is it really to find your soulmate and best friend? Someone that keeps promises and will stand with you until the end. I was sure, absolutely 100% positive that my ex was that woman. How can someone love you one day and promise to be there for you and not be there the next?

Does true love even exist? Discuss.

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 04:20 PM
I like the pose I guess iunno haha, don't know enough to judge really. :P

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 04:18 PM
Awesome tractor, 11.564!

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 04:16 PM
So i'm new here looking to make some new friends. If you ever want to talk about anything, PM me i'll be happy to share my experiences and wisdom!

no photo
Thu 03/14/13 12:06 AM
8.5 but the pics with the dog and cat automatically brings it up to a 9. Very cute. :)

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 10:46 PM

I once dated a guy that was Buddhist and our differnet beliefs got in the way of us continuing to date. Children would have never been involved in our relationship. My problem with him was him wanting to impose his beliefs on me and others and bashing me and others about what we believe.

I know two couples that have marriages with different religions that have been married for over 20 years. In one instance, the wife that took on a husband that was Muslim. She soon converted from Christianity to being Muslim and they raised their children as such. When asked about the beliefs in the other case, they simply did not force each other to belief what they believed and loved each other unconditionally, but they also didn't have children and their religions are Christian and Jewish.

Both of you'll should have discussed this in the beginning and not let this go on without an understanding of how your household would handle this difference. This is just my opinion, so please don't take this personal. Muslims have strong beliefs when it comes to the standards in which they want their wive's to uphold. This may have become too overwhelming for her and she belled out to save herself from feeling she needed to be in compliance with your religion. IJS

You are absolutely correct. However, we did talk about our future, a lot in fact and in the end it was her who did not have the heart to continue it. True love is supposed to triumph over anything and everything. Perhaps she did not love me the way I loved her and this is why it did not work out. I'm starting to believe that it is in fact true love and devotion that can make an interfaith relationship/marriage work. Thank you for your insight. May God bless you and yours.

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 10:42 PM
Edited by SonnyA89 on Wed 03/13/13 10:47 PM

So I was with this wonderful Christian girl and we were together 2 years. Suddenly out the blue a midst all the talk about us moving in and getting married she dumps me because I don't believe Jesus is the son of God. Is this a valid reason for her to dump me?

What do you guys think? Could interfaith marriages work?

it depends, its more about the details of the belief than the religious label

I dont see how someone believing christ is not the son of god could have a family with someone who believed there was, I do think those intending to be parents need to be on the same page about which values to instill in their children

if children were not in the picture more 'liberal' christians may be able to overlook it and just pray for the partner who is unbelieving

but its best to not be unevenly yoked, not saying it cant work, but saying it increases the obstacles unnecsessarily

in hindsight, it was kind of her to let the relationship go once she realized the difference instead of trying to fake or force it,,,,

Yes I have started to realize that now. The pain of seeing my children not following the same path as me would be devastating and she made the right decision by leaving. The only reason I continued the relationship was because she showed signs of wanting to change and convert for me but I guess in the end, promises are meant to be broken, I have love for all religions and faiths and I believe that interfaith marriages can work but only when both parties are willing to sacrifice for the greater cause. This was not that. Thank you for the input. May God bless you and yours.

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 10:40 PM

So I was with this wonderful Christian girl and we were together 2 years. Suddenly out the blue a midst all the talk about us moving in and getting married she dumps me because I don't believe Jesus is the son of God. Is this a valid reason for her to dump me?

Yes, there is a valid reason for her to not marry you and to not date you.

In 2 Corinthians 6:14, the Apostle Paul writes, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers." (ESV)

Your ex-girlfriend did you wrong by leading you to believe that her faith permitted an interfaith marriage. She owes you an apology, because by dating you, she prevented you from dating a woman who was spiritually compatible with you.

I am terribly sorry that you ended up in this situation. The fault is with your ex-girlfriend, not with you.

Thanks for the wise words my friend. I've been pondering over this a lot recently and it was her fault not mine as I told her I would respect and value her beliefs and never impose anything on her as I believe in free will and learning through knowledge, experience and love. Yes I do feel as if the time I spent with her was wasted. 2 whole years and nothing to show for it but sorrow and misery. I'm sure i'll get over it in a while. Again thank you and God bless you and yours.

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 08:50 PM
Got dumped recently feel empty. Looking to hook up with an intelligent, open-minded woman with good taste in art and an engaging conversationalist. Any advice on how to overcome a broken heart would also be appreciated.

Sonny

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 08:44 PM
Got dumped recently feel empty, need you girls to cheer me up and talk to me. Any advice on how to overcome a broken heart would also be appreciated.

Sonny

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 08:40 PM

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 08:19 PM
There's stages in a relationship. The final stage is love. I've only ever reached stage 3 and that's where both partners compromise and change certain aspects of themselves in order to cater to their significant others expectations. Even then i've failed. True love. True love Is something that never dies and never goes away. It's devotion it's patience and it's the willingness to move through life together with your significant other no matter what the circumstance. That's why Indian/arranged marriages usually workout because love grows. I'm against arranged marriages but the figures and evidence speak for themselves.

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 08:15 PM
Single for a day and it's torture. Hey girls like guys on the rebound right? Right?! :(

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 08:10 PM
I'd like to make new friends. Inbox me or add me, I don't know how to work things right now. ha!

no photo
Wed 03/13/13 08:08 PM
8.5 for that lovely smile!