Community > Posts By > john

john 's photo
Fri 05/28/21 04:46 PM
Hi tom

Not sure where your sister is based .. but I personally have concerns with her inviting people into her home for mini services .. wearing a mask unless it is an n95 or respiratory mask gives her or anyone else no protection . Removing a mask if not done correctly increases risk of transmitting pathogens . The only people coming into her home should be just those who live in that house .
She cannot tell by looking at someone if they have been exposed to the virus . It takes just one person infected to transmit to others and this can happen in less than 15 minutes .

I understand the need to worship . I do . But faith will not protect her .
The church should look at online services . I expect in the USA over the next two weeks to see a major change with their lockdown protocols ... churches will not and should not be exempt .. they represent a major risk for community spread .

yeah

john 's photo
Fri 05/28/21 04:46 PM
I believe (as I understand it) fasting is focused more on clearing ones mind than removing indulgence. If removing the indulgence is the focus, the fasting is a useless gesture.

Fasting is a method of centering oneself. Accompanied by meditation and chanting (aka prayer).
Non-religious people center themselves in similar ways.
Sitting in the dark listening to soothing music works for me.

Most of us in today's world exist in a life of turmoil, hustle and bustle.
Fasting/meditation allows us to bring our minds to a restful center of being.
If your goal is religious, it might mean it allows you to connect, with greater focus, on your God.

I can understand how fasting/meditation can be advantageous to sanity.
It defragments you.

yeah