Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 02:43 AM

Just curious if this was going to turn into a "Man Hating" thread

Don't they all?

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/23/13 02:32 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Tue 04/23/13 02:39 AM
I haven't been employed since 2008. My handicaps have gotten worse as I'm getting older and this prevents me from working any kind of normal job. I have applied for SSD and now I'm just waiting for the judge's verdict. I have been working for these past five years to get a job doing something with my artwork, for right now this is the only means I have of making any kind of living.

In the midst of all this I met this gal about a year ago on another dating site and we have been communicating back and forth all this time. She lives in a town north of me about three hours away. We would always talk about meeting and something would always come up that would prevent me from going there. Well finally last week I came into a little money and so I just went up there—I didn't think about it, I just did it.

I knew that it would deplete whatever money I had and that it was probably hugely irresponsible, but I figured it was time to meet and stop talking about it. Life can be hard and depressing so why not take a chance on something once in a while, eh?

Anyway, when I got there we had a great time together. We went to dinner, sat and talked, hugged, kissed and enjoyed each other's company. It was great. I stayed for a couple days and then came back home. Did it make any kind of difference? Did she call or write me afterward saying "I loved seeing you" or anything like that? No. She really hasn't said anything about it, but at least I did it.

So yes, I would travel for like or love, even if it was just to see someone and even if it didn't change anything.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 09:08 AM
Not at all. In fact just the opposite actually. But I still would have expected a more open minded reply earlier than snarkiness relegated to the cosmos.

Ah, but Snarky is my middle name :)

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 08:44 AM
Who said it was unimportant? But it is hardly the beginning and end of it unless you seriously are that unable to control yourself. Hardly the remark I would expect from someone who claims in other threads to be such a romantic. Thanks for clarifying.

LOL....so because I want to have sexual relations with someone I'm having a relationship with this disqualifies me as a romantic?

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 05:30 AM
Nope. It's just another day.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 05:23 AM

It's better to be alone and keep your dignity than to be in arelationship where you always sacrifice your self respect.

Indeed.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 05:08 AM
The original question though still remains "is it necessary?" And by definition that means is it absolutely needed or required in a relationship. And my answer still remains no, it is not.

And what planet, O Wise Owl, do you live on? If it's a relationship between a man and a woman then sex is indeed a very important aspect of that relationship. Unless, of course, you live on the same planet as the owl.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 04:37 AM
Remember the days when people spent time writing letters or walking to go see someone. Now it's all way too easy and you don't have to expend any brain power in typing a couple words and hitting the send button.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 04:16 AM

I think single dad's are hardworking, they didn't put in much effort in their relationship with their ex wife, lonely, second hand, not as young, wiser, insensitive to emotions, immune to crap. But he's a good man if he takes care of his kids.

Thank God you didn't marry this one, eh?

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 04:14 AM
Praying for you.

dmckinnon's photo
Sat 04/20/13 04:13 AM
If things continue this way, America is lost.

America was lost long before this happened.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 04/18/13 07:24 AM
I'm fed up with men who are unworthy moaning about how women treat them badly. These types of men bring it on themselves with their crap attitude and behavior.

A lot of women treat men badly and a lot of them "moan" about the same issue. It's not a one-sided occurrence. And not all men bring this on themselves; there are a lot of times when the women are the ones "bringing it on" and by no fault of the man's.

They are afraid of strong women. That doesn't mean we should become weak to placate them.

There's a big difference between a woman who is strong and a woman who is simply a *****.

Some women even go as far as to dumb themselves down so men won't be intimidated by her intelligence and will find her more attractive if they are led to believe that they are smarter than their women. I find this pathetic, don't you?

If women do this then that's by their choice, not any fault of the man's. And you're right—it is pathetic. I'm not intimidated by a woman with intelligence anymore than I'm intimidated by a woman who is strong, as long as she is still a woman with feelings, compassion and all the traits that make her a woman.

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 04/17/13 02:10 AM

God how boring

what a compelling life the OP must lead to dwell again in his immense negativity to women. I'd say this post is fair warning to us to stay fair clear of him.

Perhaps I am not married (and some like me) because we have thus far chosen not to be....

or is that too difficult for the ego on thee; to understand that a woman can be happy w/out thee?laugh (in this last I am just joking)

Your compassion is astounding.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 04/16/13 09:23 AM
Actually the thought I had about the author was some ambiguously gay guy who has not yet come out of the closet.

Nope. Like I told Newbie, I just posted this because I found it interesting that most of the women in my own life fall into one of these ten categories. I'm not saying every woman is like this, just the ones I've known.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/12/13 05:04 PM

Add one more to the mix, shes always cold when im hot, my ex and I sometimes were up all night playing dueling thermostat

LOL...

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/12/13 07:48 AM

They say they want to be treated with respect and as equals, but the first true alpha male they run across, all that preaching goes right out the window, and the ones they wind up with are going to treat them like sh...t, they always seem to be looking for that level of danger and excitement in a man, which just goes to show how a woman wants a man to be dominate.

Well, in the beginning, my ex told me she wanted me to be the man in her life. She followed this statement with constantly bashing me at every male level she could. Her excuse? I was a man, just like every other man in her life, so how are you suppose to overcome that? You can't, because the problem wasn't mine—it was hers.

That's the problem with relationships these days—women claim they want a man to love them, cherish them, respect them, etcetera, but then they don't want to give those same sentiments in return. Either that, or it's all mixed together with wanting the "decent guy" and then the "bad boy" or whatever else might be rolling around in their head.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/12/13 07:29 AM

That is why I don't ever argue with a woman, I was actually raised by a very strong minded woman, don't get me wrong I loved and even admired my mom, but she could just never admit she was wrong at most she would only admit to being mistaken with no apology, my sister was the same way.

We must have had the same mom [grin]. It's interesting to note what you said, because in today's society a lot of women have become like this. And even if you're very loving, understanding and respectful (as I have been with the women in my life) it still doesn't seem to break through that rigid wall they've built around their heart.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/12/13 07:20 AM

Holding my breathe in anticipation, and besides women always and I mean always have an opinion.

Yep, even if they're wrong. But then they'll make you feel like you're wrong and they're right—and if for some reason (God forbid) that doesn't work, woe unto you.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/12/13 07:09 AM

You are a wise man dmckinnon

Just wait till the women read it, lol.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 04/12/13 07:05 AM

Ladies I already know this will sound chauvinist, but if you want your man to act like one, treat him like one, men have a need to feel mostly in control, to feel like protectors and providers try to emphasize your mans more positive traits instead of dwelling on the negative ones so much, do his positives out number his negative ones, I think in to many instances the woman looks to the man for all of her happiness and emotional needs, like the old saying goes, first you must learn to love yourself before you can love others.

It's not chauvinistic—it's the truth. In too many instances women just don't help the man feel like a man, because they're too busy knocking him down. I see a lot of that in this forum. So amen, brother.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 15 16