Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 07:55 AM
I guess he found his completeness; his account has been deactivated.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 07:21 AM

I find myself doing the same thing after getting to know someone and speaking with them for a great extent. I enjoy doing it just because being able to lighten someone's day or make them smile when I think they need it means a lot to me. Now if you are speaking of barely knowing someone, it might need to be toned back a bit. Romance is a beautiful thing, but these days most wonder what the underlying motive is.

And therein lies the quandary; the suspicions of the opposite sex as to the underlying motives or intentions. Thankfully, the gal I share my romantic gestures with doesn't have these issues, but I know a lot of people do. It's quite sad, really.

dmckinnon's photo
Tue 03/26/13 06:35 AM
The biggest stumbling block in a person's life is themselves. Sometimes we do things and we're not even aware we're doing them, then another person comes along and tells you something about yourself and you're like, "Really? I do that?"

Life is a learning experience, we either learn from it or get mowed under by it. I posted this thread because I felt I was doing something that may be excessive. I am a romantic guy and I love doing romantic things for the women I'm interested in, but I also wanted to find out what other people thought about that.

I have learned a great deal in the last year and a half and I'm finally starting to like the person I've become. For a while I thought perhaps being this way (romantic) was a turn-off to some women. Maybe it was me, or maybe it was them. I don't know.

There's no way you're ever going to learn about something unless you ask and that's why I'm here—to interact with others, ask questions, converse and see what happens. Naturally there's only so much you can do in a text-only environment, but nothing ventured is nothing gained.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 10:09 PM

You should be thankful that she isn't my ex-.
She gave me a scar on my left arm by cutting me.
Her next husband wasn't so lucky. She shot him.

The woman I was with prior to my ex skewered my hand with a meat fork right to the coffee table. I had to pry it out and go to the emergency room.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 09:46 PM
It's not the towering sail, but the unseen wind that moves my spirit...

Balmorhea - Bowsprit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3H6BMyg28k

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 09:38 PM

aaaaaaaawwwwwww......
THAT IS YOU??
Serious??
You dont look a day over 35-well,if pics are recent!!
Eeeiiii,and the eyes.......
Am with Miss.Canada on this,you are quite cute!!

Yep, that's me, and I'm not all that great looking, but I'll take the compliments :)

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 09:25 PM
Edited by dmckinnon on Mon 03/25/13 09:26 PM
Aa' menealle nauva calen ar' malta...

Lindsey Stirling- Crystallize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 09:20 PM
Sitting alone on a park bench, watching leaves dancing in an autumn breeze...

David Nevue - The Vigil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaMTGS8DH44

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 09:02 PM

If the brains of women were 100% identical to the brains of men, then closing a perceived "gender gap" may be an achievable goal. However, medical science has discovered differences between the brains of women and the brains of men.

Also, an alleged "gender gap" may be due to what people think they need in order to rise in social status. Men and women alike seek glory for themselves, and if they think that won't obtain self-glory by being stay-at-home parents, then they may seek self-glory by seeking various kinds of high-paying jobs. If a woman sees a man obtaining the glory that she wants, then she might resent the man.

That's scary...you just described my ex.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 08:59 PM
Edited by dmckinnon on Mon 03/25/13 09:13 PM
My entire life played out with this song....

The Cinematic Orchestra Arrival of the Birds & Transformation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqoANESQ4cQ

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 05:18 PM
How does God give you a truck??? That must've been some prayer!! laugh

I first saw a Dodge RAM in the parking lot of the grocery store I was working at. I was sixteen then and when I saw this truck with the galvanized toolbed in the back I fell in love. I remember asking God if I could have a truck like that. This was back in 1977.

Fast-forward to 2011 and I was with my ex when she found the truck on Craigslist. The guy was asking $3,900, but it had been on there for as few months so I offered him $2,300 and he took it. My brother gave me the money to buy the truck, then he passed away on Memorial Day (2012). It's another reason the truck is special.

First of all it's not a color I would have ever picked myself, but it seems to get a lot of attention (I have pics of it in my profile). It also has special amenities, like the rollbar and louvers over the grill and headlights. Plus the galvanized toolbed :)

The truck has come in handy for quite a few situations already—a couple of them wouldn't have even worked out for me if I didn't have the truck. So I know it was God who gave me the truck and it has been a blessing ever since.

My Deaf friend just hits her remote to activate the alarm, then looks to see what direction the people are looking.

Ha! That's cool.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 03:50 PM
Edited by dmckinnon on Mon 03/25/13 03:51 PM

Exactly what I'm trying to say with this post I know I'm not the only one that's been lied to/betrayed. Life is a constant learning process and unfortunately you have to kiss a few frogs before you meet your prince.I used to be very trusting but holding back shows if the person cares enough to stay.

I met and dated my first girlfriend when I was twenty-one (she was sixteen). This was back in the early '80s. We were together about two years, then she left me for a guy who owned a restaurant and they got married. I have been with many women since, but I always harbored a secret love just for her.

On July 4th weekend, in 2011, we reunited again, after thirty years. We have lived in this same small town all this time, but we never once saw each other—not in the store, not even driving around. Kind of extraordinary, if you think about it.

Anyway, we got together again and what began was like this storybook romance (she was, after all, the love of my life). We planned to get married and live out the rest of our lives together, but happy endings only happen in fairy tales. Reality set in after only a few months and what I had thought was going to be Paradise turned out to be just a trailer park. We split up on Christmas day, 2012.

It was the worst heartbreak I've ever experienced. I was devastated and it took me about eight months to get myself back together. Now I can look back on it all with a much clearer mind (and heart) and say yes—life IS a learning experience, and you can learn and grow from those experiences, as long as you can heal and move on passed them.

Next time I, too, will be more cautious and not jump into the pond so fast.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 02:25 PM
[sees David's reply....jumps up and does the Wave!]

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 02:07 PM
Women are like Wi-Fi. They're everywhere and no one will tell me the password.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 01:59 PM
I'll second that.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 12:22 PM

I'm putting it to you that you do want something from these women and going on about not wanting "sex or anything like that" is a fudge. What does it matter if they don't respond to it if you don't expect it to lead to anything at all? Is it just attention seeking and leading people on or are you actually looking for more than just attention from them?

Is this "romance withdrawl" just about missing something that you had that is gone now and you aren't ready to move on? I am sorry if you think that this is a personal attack but you put it out there for discussion.

Having a bad day, are we? :)

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 12:02 PM

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:44 AM

In my opinion, most women like to be chased and courted - probably a few feminists would disagree - but I firmly believe ladies like receiving little gifts they love it.
Pleased to hear romance is alive and well.

Thanks for the encouragement, Dutt :)

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:22 AM
Cutie, try deleting your browser cache. You can also use CCleaner to clean up all your cookies, temporary files, and various other temp trash.

dmckinnon's photo
Mon 03/25/13 11:19 AM
Just an earthbound misfit I....