Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 04:30 AM

Perhaps the Christian dates the unbeliever as a means of witness?

Witnessing to the fact that they don't believe the Apostle Paul?

My BS meter went off on this one, and then I read your reply and I laughed so hard. Thanks, Dave :)

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:57 PM
I need to get off this computer for a while. Heck, the other day I ran into a friend of mine at the store and she said hello, but I couldn't reply because I didn't have my keyboard.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:41 PM

you look like a young Tom Hanks. That would be a compliment. A sincere oneflowerforyou

Awww, how sweet. Must be why that's your nickname, eh? :)

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:30 PM
You know you're getting old when...

1. "I just can't drink the way I used to", replaces, "I'm never going to drink that much again."

2. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

3. About half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast relief".

4. All you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

5. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

6. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

7. Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work.

8. Getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.

9. Happy hour is a nap.

10. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:59 PM

naw... it's probably just the blue truck bigsmile

I would think the truck would have them swooning. I did have one gal waving wildly at me today, but I think she was actually waving at someone behind me.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:50 PM

Mmmmm.....I could use one of those.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:45 PM
Ha! Go, Ruth! I remember those days. We used to go camping a lot and I recall fires and marshmallows and hot dogs and running around with my cousins while the grownups sat in lawn chairs and socialized. It would be interesting to see what people would do if you took all their computers and digital devices away.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:23 PM

I like the picture you have in your profile, but to be honest, my first impression is that I wonder if it is really a picture of you. If it is, it shows you in a very thoughtful pose.

-- It's really a picture of me. The thoughtful pose was intentional.

So what kind of conversation do you want? Superficial, polite? Deeply honest? Political? Philosophical? Spiritual? Current events?

-- The type of conversation doesn't matter as long as it's more engaging than "How's the weather?"

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 06:13 PM

Your profile says you are 65. You are close to reaching the age where you will probably start talking to anyone who will listen. My experience is when a man, who has been quiet all of his life, finally starts to talk, its hard to get them to shut up.

I'm 52, not 65.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 05:57 PM

1. "I just can't drink the way I used to", replaces, "I'm never going to drink that much again."

2. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

3. About half the stuff in my shopping cart says, "For fast relief".

4. All you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

5. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

6. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

7. Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work.

8. Getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.

9. Happy hour is a nap.

10. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 05:53 PM
[chili....food coma......ugh]

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 05:52 PM
Edited by dmckinnon on Thu 03/21/13 05:54 PM
It remains a mystery why women in my area never return my messages. Must be my reputation, lol.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 05:05 PM
In 1960, the year of your birth, the top selling movie was Swiss Family Robinson. People buying the popcorn in the cinema lobby had glazing eyes when looking at the poster.

That was before there were DVDs. Heck, even before there was VHS. People were indeed watching movies in the cinema, and not downloading them online. Imagine the packed seats, the laughter, the excitement, the novelty.

In 1960, a new character entered the world of comic books: Aqualad. Bang! Boom! But that's just fiction, right? In the real world, in 1960, Michael Stipe was born. And Neil Gaiman. David Duchovny, too. And you, of course.

6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... it's 1960. There's TV noise coming from the second floor. Someone turned up the volume way too high. The sun is burning from above. These were different times. The show playing on TV is Bozo the Clown. The sun goes down. Someone switches channels. There's Gunsmoke on now.

It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout.

There's a kid outside, shouting, playing. He doesn't care about time. He doesn't know about time. He shouts and plays and thinks time is forever. You were once that kid.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:54 AM

If the author of the OP agrees that a woman isn't a prude because she won't have sexual intercourse outside of marriage, then I will drop my objection.

I agree with the OP; a woman who will not have sex outside of marriage isn't a prude—she's principled. A very big difference, and a good one, especially in this day and age.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:31 AM
Hon, there's always udders no one knows about. Udders come and udders go, but no one udder stays :)

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:09 AM
I think the problem is that women don't know what they want. They say they do and they even think they do, but their actions say otherwise.

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:06 AM
[gets up to make coffee, and there's no milk....????]

dmckinnon's photo
Thu 03/21/13 07:05 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Thu 03/21/13 07:07 AM
Man, why am I so tired? Hmm, there had to be a woman involved somewhere...

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 03/20/13 08:57 AM
"Look to Me, and be saved, All you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other." (Isaiah 45:22)

dmckinnon's photo
Wed 03/20/13 08:55 AM
God loves me every day :)