Community > Posts By > dmckinnon

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 11:19 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Fri 03/22/13 11:30 AM
the one on the lower left-hand corner has you lookin a lil scared.. was that cuz of the hair cut?

Might have been. I don't know.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 11:13 AM
Good for you, because romantics are a dying breed.

Yes, they are, and the reason (I suspect) is that there's so much coldness in the world today. So many people have been hurt by others that (like you said) even if a sincere man were to come along and say something romantic you might put him off due to this preconceived notion.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 11:08 AM
What, for instance, is an appropriate response to, "mi inpiration, mi sasy laidy"? I've got nothin'...drawing blanks here.

You could say, "mi u write lik muh fiv yer uld!"

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 09:15 AM
There are no new books when it comes to women. Women are women; to a lesser or greater degree they all follow the same behaviors.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 08:40 AM
And on that note I thought I'd share some pics of me from days gone by....clockwise from top left: me with my hat and gun (I had a thing about hats); me and my brother Ron (he's the short one); me, my mom and my brother; me and Ron (I'm not responsible for THAT haircut); me when i was five and all spruced up for my first date.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 08:28 AM
Indeed.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 08:20 AM

you needn't read me so closely, dm... a girl could start to get freaked out by your ESP capability.

My ex one time said I should get a haircut, because (as she said) "you should do it for you." I knew in reality she wanted me to get a haircut for herslef, not me. This was proven when I did get a haircut and then when she pulled up in front of my apartment and I came out she was looking at me all smiling and kind of red in the cheeks.

Yeah, do it for me. Right, babe. I sometimes know women so well they aren't even mysterious anymore.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 08:12 AM
It's not about finding somebody perfect. Perfect doesn't exist anyway, especially with people. The issue is really can you look beyond a person's imperfections and love their imperfect self?

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 08:06 AM

oh...too bad! your losshappy j/k

Hmm.....

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 07:59 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Fri 03/22/13 08:07 AM

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 07:32 AM

ok, so here is my request, show your pic!
(let's see what he does with that one!)

How about you show us yours?

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 07:30 AM

Keep in mind that most women are going to expect you to have pictures in your profile if you actually plan to meet them. If you're just here to chat, no worries about pictures, though.

That goes both ways, sweet.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 07:27 AM
Make 'em Reeses' and we got a winner :)

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 07:18 AM
Edited by dmckinnon on Fri 03/22/13 07:18 AM

they make'em pocket sized now AND fold-able.

It was actually meant as a joke, so people would laugh. That was the intent, anyway.

Neat gadget though. What is it?

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 07:11 AM

Don't you honestly have good memories of having coffee with someone? Of sitting by a campfire listening to the elk bugle before daylight while having a cup of coffee? Meeting a future (or past) friend over a cup of Joe?

Uh, no....not with a woman anyway. I have done this with a couple close friends (males).

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 05:59 AM

Well, good then, your day is starting out right... at least 1/2 way... happy

That was so wonderfully reserved I bout fell out of my chair, lol.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 05:12 AM

I just opened four one word messages from men who didn't spare many more words than that in their entire profiles, so am in a mood to be in total agreement with you just now.

I have to admit that it comes easy for me to communicate, even with a few words, because I've always been creative. Like one time my ex said, "You have the most beautiful eyes" to which I replied "They're only beautiful because you're in them."

I've even had guys come up and ask me to write something on their sweethearts Valentine's cards, because they don't know what to say. I feel bad for the guys who don't know what to say and the only advice I can give them is "let your heart do the talking for you."

That's what I do. Of course, I've always been a romantic at heart so I guess it just come naturally.

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 04:55 AM
I'm having one of those amorous mornings when you really wish you weren't alone :)

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 04:47 AM
Broken Arrow

dmckinnon's photo
Fri 03/22/13 04:42 AM

I think that the distance thing is just going to be a problem with this site. I've been on a British dating site and gone on the forums there and because Britain is just a little island compared to America, meetings and relationships are far more practical. Here the people live so far away from each other that it just seems hopeless or so unlikely that anything apart from friendship is going to come from it. Yeah, I've chatted with some interesting women that have caught my attention with their forum posts and made one or two really good friends but it just seems far more likely to me that they are just going to meet someone that lives near them however much "chemistry" I have with them.

I agree.