Community > Posts By > galendgirl

galendgirl's photo
Sun 02/24/13 06:49 PM

Carol looks like ya had a awesome time shshsh Hogs, horses ,& BBQ what more could ya ask for???:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Has anyone heard how's Joe's cook off went?

Saw pics and heard from friends, but have no idea about how they placed this year. Hope it was good...those guys DO know how to cook!
Yum! Yum!

galendgirl's photo
Sun 02/24/13 07:07 AM
Good morning...another gorgeous Texas morning here. I'm heading out to enjoy the day, cast and all. Too pretty to waste.
Have a wonderful Sunday!

galendgirl's photo
Sun 02/24/13 07:02 AM
Good morning, Texas!

Heading to the hills to see a friend today. It's sunny and just warm enough - a beautiful day for a run (which really means a drive, of course!)

SOON it will be bluebonnet time! The trees are all starting to flower and bloom! SO pretty! I love spring!

galendgirl's photo
Sun 02/24/13 06:59 AM

can you purchase a used phone similar to the one you have and then have verizon activate the phone on your existing line?

That's what KC suggested...I'm also going to take it to the "cell phone repair" guy locally and see if he can just revive it. Depends on price but I have a sweet deal now and honestly have had no complaints with the phone.

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 05:28 PM

Now watching the Lorax with the grand kid.

Is that what you are calling Ese now?

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 05:23 PM
Verizon...best service hands down for me. Still the cheapest too, given the way I use it.

Sprint actually limits your internet- $80 for up to 12GB (on 3G or 4G) but I use upwards of that, given that I tether my phone for my home internet access. Right now I've got a plan that Verizon would love to eliminate because there are NO DATA LIMITS. I obviously would like to keep that plan for as long as possible. Sa-weet!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 05:15 PM
A "salmon burger", quinoa and asparagus. Not that it matters, given that it's not BBQ on Cookoff weekend...but it will keep body and soul together healthfully.
ohwell

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 12:44 PM
Glad you are having fun...
Hogs, Horses and whatever other He!! you are getting into!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 12:42 PM

Brrrrr...it's about 50 and partly cloudy here in Houston this morning. It's gonna be a fabulous 70 degree day!

I'm jealous of your warm weather. More snow for New England later this evening :-( Even plans I had for tomorrow have changed because of what the roads will be like in the morning. Enjoy your sunshine you lucky gal you :-)

If it's any consolation, I'll be in NYC in a couple weeks and will be packing the wool pea coat. I won't rub it in too hard...paybacks are heck!!!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 12:40 PM
The plans change when you go to 4G...
I have multiple chargers in all formats - wall, car, USB and the problem is the same. Sounds like a port, then. Thanks.

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 06:12 AM
My Droid X has been a workhorse and I've been very happy with it. I am also grandfathered on a cell phone plan I don't want to leave, and will have to when I get a new phone.

The problem is that the phone doesn't hold a charge worth a darn anymore. I've cleared off a bunch of space wasting stuff and I got a new battery, which seemed to improve performance for about a day and then it was back to the same ol' thing.

Does anyone have a suggestion for reviving this phone so that it performs better and I can hang onto it a bit longer?

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 06:04 AM
Wishing you good health, Queenie!
flowerforyou

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 06:03 AM

I am getting over some depression and it has showed in my recent posts.

Sorry if I got anybody down. It's hard to be upbeat all the time.

Sometimes chit happens. Sorry again.

We luv ya, pal!
flowers flowers flowers

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 06:02 AM
I knew it was, but I missed it. Not to fear...Rodeo starts next week and I've got two strips of Corral Club drink tickets that must not be wasted.

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 05:56 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

Have a great day. drinker drinker drinker

Snow is falling this morning. It is 12 degrees with the wind blowing and the snow falling, what a beautiful day to stay inside. drinker

Brrrrr...it's about 50 and partly cloudy here in Houston this morning. It's gonna be a fabulous 70 degree day!

galendgirl's photo
Sat 02/23/13 05:52 AM
I slept hard after a busy day that included NO PLOWING...the older I get the less I miss snow!

HELLO, TEXAS!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 02/22/13 07:51 PM

Well aren't we feeling perky?

I am so freakin' tired it's not even funny. Why I'm pinging is beyond me...I'm afraid when I stop it will NOT be pretty! (CLUNK!)

and then...

I just killed a MOSQUITO in my house! That does NOT bode well for summer 2013!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 02/22/13 06:09 PM
It's boots and chaps
It's cowboy hats
It's spurs and latigo
It's the ropes and the reins
And the joy and the pain
And they call the thing HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW AND RODEO!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

YAY! IT'S GO TEXAN DAY! Counting down 'till MONDAY!

galendgirl's photo
Fri 02/22/13 05:35 AM

'morning y'alldrinker I need plenty of coffee this morning..Very little sleep last night after a bout with the flu where sleep was drug induced..Craft show tomorrow so set up time is today...I just want to go back to bed!!!ohwell

Awwww...sorry to hear you were sick! Hope you are feeling good for the show this weekend. Where is this one at?

galendgirl's photo
Fri 02/22/13 03:54 AM
It isn't like people don't KNOW about it...

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25