Community > Posts By > Nomadic

Nomadic's photo
Sun 06/06/21 11:37 AM
DON'T be fooled by all this "van life" nonsense on Youtube. Most of these channels are run by folks with little money who NEED to have a successful channel just to put gas in their vans so they can keep moving legally. For them to post all the negatives about how they live would turn off those watching and thus, destroy their channel. Thus, all you see is the "wonderfulness" of it all. Hardly a true experience most will have.

It's fun/cool to camp once in awhile. It's another thing to glorify how shi++ing in a bucket is "such a wonderful way to live for free". And don't even get me started about those able bodied 20 and 30 something's doing this to avoid having to work and contribute to the world. Pathetic!

Unless you are flat broke, desperate, and homeless, the "fun" of this lifestyle will wear on you quickly regardless of all those instagram pictures trying to encourage you to be a homeless bum living in a van.

I know this topic is old, but I've been doing rvlife/vanlife well before it became a trend since 2003. I'm also a long haul trucker, I own land, a few houses, and currently live in a 89 33ft winnebago chieftain...

it's not all glamor but it can be fun. I enjoy my quiet space, I drive 10 weeks out over the road, come back to my motorhome and then take a trip somewhere on my "to visit" list.

Nomadic's photo
Sun 06/06/21 11:27 AM
I travel everyday by semi truck. or by my motorhome, I've been to all the hotspots where covid had huge outbreaks, been tested 18 times and others 50 +people in that area tested positive, yet my results are negative.. something doesn't add up...

now this vaccine is out and more people are getting sick..

here's a question. how can a vaccine be produced so fast, yet other colds and illnesses that been around 40 years are still here... ??

not trying to cause a fight, just my opinion from my own experiences.

Nomadic's photo
Sun 06/06/21 11:19 AM
just watched the new Tom and Jerry, was greatly enjoyable.