Community > Posts By > Charles

Charles's photo
Tue 01/30/24 12:19 PM
Yeah, I used the feature to check - where - the person is claiming to be. I don't mind if it's international to start with, at least they're honest about location, and I might chat. I'll also chat if I have travel plans as it's nice to have an acquaintance (i.e. food choices, unsafe places even for locals...etc).
But if the word order (verb/noun/object etc) of an email is a bit off and the "city" info is U.S. I...might... check the profile, but generally didn't.
If they messaged, and didn't look, I just delete it.

Charles's photo
Sat 11/04/23 01:07 PM
Hello Alex, many of my lady friends have said they like to read / hear a story/info that brings out who you are... for example - camping... a hike-in or drive-in site? The rain slghtly hindered your making a fire or had to drain the water from the gas-stove to cook dinner... was the family in the next campsite having a bad time, and you stepped up to give them a hand and help get dinner ready, reset a rain fly or tent... Something that in a way says "This is who I am" and invites conversation. The fact you are a Retired Marine says a huge amount about your honor and integrity ...now show me a part that speaks of the softer interactions with others.
Thank you for being a Marine, enjoy retirement, and best wishes in all your adventures.

Charles's photo
Thu 06/16/22 08:42 AM
Edited by Charles on Thu 06/16/22 08:43 AM
Nice group of photos and good selection of interests :)
You would be someone I would invite to lunch ;)

Charles's photo
Tue 06/29/21 03:51 PM
Hi William, like your photo btw. I agree with soufiehere and Joey on this one. Not recommended.
It -might- work out ok, but... this happen back in Nov/Dec 2018 or 19
A former housemate (HM) was on a couple of other sites and would exchange personal e-mail address with first contact if they asked to. HM wanted to see what would happen, HM had met two or three really good people that way, but generally expected a scam attempt.
HM shared that generally the first couple of e-mails would be fine / friendly, etc. Then there is some "big or tragic event" that worked into a sad story and soon after a request for money - the infamous "If you loved me....you'd help me"
HM would say "No" and while some of them might keep it up for a week most just stopped emailing.
What convinced him to stop swapping email address (at first/second contact) was this one guy that after he said "No". Sent him a nasty reply. It was about a week later that HM started commenting on getting weird random emails, newsletters, etc. By the end of the month he was getting over 150 emails a day that he hadn't subscribed to.
I don't think most scammers would take the time to do that, but one did... Which Clint Eastwood movie was it that he would say... "Feeling Lucky?"
...I don't recall but you get the idea