Community > Posts By > CAK

no photo
Tue 06/22/21 01:04 PM
You meet a person (in person or online).
You explore.
She explores.
If you like her you go deeper.
If she likes you she goes deeper.
You may get rejected.
She may get rejected.
Age is only in your mind. It may limit what you can do physically, but the soul is forever young, IF you let it be.
Be open.
Be honest.
Luck? Well... it depends on whether she's seen your posts and what she's after.
My 2 cents...

no photo
Mon 06/21/21 03:20 PM
Intense Emotions
Intelligence
Empathy

no photo
Mon 06/21/21 12:12 PM

Of course, we all have a wish list ("Idealism is mendaciousness in the face of what is necessary" -Nietzsche ) and mine is a simple one. That is, there has to be an "In the beginning." - Genesis, and that is called a message 'response.' Let's just say the rejection rate ain't of my choosing. What have I learned from it? Well, it's called Life 101: Life is not for the faint of heart nor for the unattractive, as myself; also, being alone (loneliness "... is a dish best served cold.") is a "choice" destiny for most and a fate ("fickled finger of fate" represented as the middle finger) for others, including moi.

I am ONLY seeking a forever relationship, soulmate, audience of one, best of best friends, sandbox mate to shower mate. I am NOT interested in intimate pics, nor intimate cams, nor sex talk, nor impersonal hookups, nor impersonal encounters.

I need that someone who feels inspiration when I look at her, too. TWO who feel complete when together and miss each other when they're not. TWO who create a legendary life together and are content even if no one else knows. TWO who love their adopted kitty or dog as family. TWO who travel in adventurous ways together,  love the unknown and adversity. TWO WHO ADORE EACH OTHER and each other's grins.

Being on dating sites is the worst soul hurt one can imagine. And, yes, there is hypocrisy on my side too. I could only hope Trump experiences ("The horror... The horror...") this. I'm a Converse wearer and Left in politics. I travel a great deal, but essentially I'm a homebody with a picket-fence sensibility. If you could dig a person with presence, engageable and has opinions about everything (lol), then HELLO. It's all yada, yada, yada, if you don't like my mug. But if you think it might just be tolerable, HEY!

I wish I were a woman!
I wish YOU were a woman!
My soul feels empathy and joins your hurting to mine. Who really cares, other than you and I experiencing the pain?
I sacrificed physical togetherness for the sake of my sanity. I moved my life and all my belongings in my mind and went on searching for a virtual partner. One I can talk to and share with, what makes her feel joy and what makes her feel sad. What inspires her and what brings her down. One who would enjoy my yada, yada, yada and would enjoy "torturing" me back in kind.

I wish you luck in your search.
I wish ME luck in my search.
And I wish Trump would NEVER had computer access in his jail cell to experience even this!

Welcome II!

Sincerely,
III

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 06:49 PM

I love that, albeit a bit sad. Fun too, I laughed out loud. flowerforyou

I would not change a thing...it speaks, touches and paints a vivid picture in my imagination.

flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 06:46 PM

I just can't help myself, I'm a fartbreaker

bigsmile
Do what you're destined to do.

Keep away from my heart.
For half of it is already dead...

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 03:48 PM
The handwritten note,
stuck on the dusty shop window,
read:
"Defunct, old poet wannabe
looking to hire a muse.
No previous experience required.
Please apply in person inside."

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 02:46 PM

You had me at PFFffffffff

A simple 'No' would suffice.
But you had to impale your victim.
It feels good, doesn't it? :wink:

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 06:30 AM

What a gentleman !

Are you flirting? :tongue:

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 04:39 AM
Edited by CAK on Sun 06/20/21 04:57 AM

You are not using your ability to expell flatulence to your advantage. For example, you walk into your favorite coffee shop , the place is packed , people lined up , going to be at least a 30 minute wait. That's when you let loose with a loud smelly expulsion of flatulence, room cleared. no wait

Modifying this scenario a bit, with your permission, of course...

You walk into your favorite coffee shop, the place is packed, people lined up, going to be at least a 30 minute wait. Through the window you see this ethereal beauty approaching the coffee shop. That's when you let loose with a loud smelly expulsion of flatulence, room cleared. no wait. You stand first in line and you can feel her approaching from behind. You act all surprised and with a bow you offer her your position... :wink:

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 04:27 AM

Curtsies...

flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 04:23 AM

You may be surprised how many people resonate who can't find the words :grinning:
Poetry is a gift that gives and touches the deep part of our humanity, although some misinterpret our poems.
I once took a Great American Poets course. Many poems are still not fully deciphered today and can have multiple meanings.
Poetry is fun too.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. The images I have in my mind are MY images and not everyone can see with MY eyes, or MY heart (for that matter)

Poetry seems to be fun when one needs to externalize what's burning inside, either good or bad.

As I said, I don't think I could write fictional poetry...

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 04:16 AM
Edited by CAK on Sun 06/20/21 04:25 AM

First critique.
Take each sentence, image them into a metaphor.

Example being....
Lines 7,8 and 9 you could write something like

Jonathan the seagull crashed barriers
his restless wings found rest,
he pinnacled mountains and other minds'.
Craziness.

Edited by Ladywind on Sun 06/20/21 02:18 PM

For this first one I will express my gratitude. For the following critiques I will humbly read and try to improve. My gratitude is a given!
(Too many "Thank you"s would be monotonous)

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 03:51 AM

The poem is beautiful.
I hope it's not part of your reality, though.
Because if it is then my 60 year-old experience says you are torturing your soul for an illusion.

Thank you :-) and yes it is part of my reality.

On another note, you write beautiful poems too :thumbsup:

I know it's none of my business but, I don't like that reality, for you or anyone else.

I will accept the compliment though I don't think I deserve it. smile2

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 03:44 AM

Poetry is raw emotion CAK. That is how I began to write. I started seriously at 15 years of age, had many breaks from writing, over the years, each time I needed to release, I found a pen.
Friends, sisters, kindred spirits, partners sometimes don't get you or your words - poets are freed without constraint with ink being their blood. It really is the only way we know how to BE. :heart:

I know this now, my Lady. I don't think I can write fiction. What I write is my inner world needing to come out, otherwise I feel I will explode!

I'm not sure if anyone understands what I write, and to be honest I don't really care. What I need is to release the pressure from inside me.

poets are freed without constraint with ink being their blood. It really is the only way we know how to BE.

What a beautiful image... :heart:

Thank you!

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 03:09 AM
CAK .. If love is your oxygen .. your breathing pattern is somewhat erratic and I may have a few concerns about your airway resistance bigsmile (I understand sine waves in terms of mechanical ventilation ), Wonderful explanation and insight .. thanks so much for sharing with me (and the world )

Thank you so much for the big smile Blondey111 :heart: (one day I will ask you about this "Blondey" thing because you don't look like one ... outside or inside...).

Your concerns are completely justified as it seems that not many are interested in riding a crazy train! (which, of course, makes perfect sense!)

I had a hunch that you would understand the sine wave explanation! I don't know how or why!

My intention was to share my explanation with you. I don't think that the rest of the world is interested in my well-being or in... wave theory smile2

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 12:08 AM
The poem is beautiful.
I hope it's not part of your reality, though.
Because if it is then my 60 year-old experience says you are torturing your soul for an illusion.

no photo
Sun 06/20/21 12:02 AM
rejection can be soul destroying if you let it . Depends on how much power you give to that rejection and how your mind internalises the process .

So much wisdom in one reply! :heart: Rejection is soul destroying. Rejection is consuming. But I've learnt to survive it. Functioning on the fast lane has taught me that ups and downs will be much more intense but, at the same time recovery is a lot faster. It's like a sine wave with an extremely high amplitude and ordinary frequency.
(Not many people realize what this means or how I function. I drill. And the more gold I find the more I drill. Until the gold found pushes my emotions at a higher level. It's like living a normal life but in fast-forward). That, applies of course to relationships (up time) where the time between intense up and rejection is short. I had my "bad luck" to spend extended up time in relationships and rejection was a total devastation.

My advice is to let the tears flow and then find something to bring back your smile .

The tears flowing are always part of a rejection. The intensity of emotions and the fast pace of events doesn't lessen the pain at all. The only way to bring back the smile and calm, is to find another muse. For love is my oxygen, my food, my fuel...

The good news is .. every minute someone on mingle is likely experiencing rejection .. you are far from alone . In fact mingle could be considered a form of cognitive desensitising therapy lol .

That's not a relief for me. Actually, the empath in me hurts for each and every rejection I read about on the site.

It is very sad when death becomes a solution ... stay in the light :heart:

I may have given the wrong impression about death. I never considered it to be a solution of any kind. But, it is the inevitable end.

As for Jacinden ... yes she has my respect for many reasons bigsmile however respect can be fickle . There is currently a lot of debate in NZ about proposed health reforms . Interested to see how she handles that pressure .

Keep pressing her! She needs to remain a decent politician. The world needs desperately decent politicians.

Thank you for your advices and concern. I appreciate it a lot!

no photo
Sat 06/19/21 03:19 PM
One of my favorites: Carl Orff - O Fortuna (Carmina Burana)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5b7tgkdFH0

no photo
Sat 06/19/21 02:50 PM

Nice poem:thumbsup: :wink: .

Thank you. I appreciate your kindness!

no photo
Sat 06/19/21 02:49 PM

hi.. i think the most important and greatest thing in this World is Love.
keep safe everyone! Godbless

Your first post is a wonderful one!
Love IS the most important and greatest thing in this world!
Welcome to the forum!
Keep sharing with us your wisdom!

Previous 1 3