Sat 11/14/15 12:55 PM
Get Down On It - Kool & The Gang

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 01:29 PM
Eddie You Should Know Better - Curtis Mayfield

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 01:25 PM
Edited by Dreadaye on Fri 11/13/15 01:27 PM
So reading between the lines your opinion is that some 'pet-hates' reveal more about us than the other person. Thanks.

Apologies to interrupt ... but to get real there is bad breaking news coming from Paris right now ... stay safe!

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 01:08 PM
Edited by Dreadaye on Fri 11/13/15 01:12 PM

I would place absolutely no blame on someone
getting comfortable.
Sheesh.
You are a Seinfeld episode in the wings.

Hahahahahah I did some rooting around on the www and burst into loud guffaws of laughter! Nice one. I also have a whacky sense of humour. I am intrigued by the bit that regards Seinfeld as starring as a fictionalized version of himself.

Ah well. rofl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinfeld

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 12:55 PM
Edited by Dreadaye on Fri 11/13/15 01:03 PM
So do you think my observation amounts to 'blaming' them for getting comfortable? This is the second time in quick succession that a poster on a forum has referenced a tv program or some aspect of mass media in response to something I have posted. Unfortunately I haven't a clue what this is supposed to mean .. i don't own a tv. I don't habitually watch tv either so i am really in the dark about the reference.

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 12:44 PM
Edited by Dreadaye on Fri 11/13/15 12:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF2ayWcJfxo

Hi all, trust that you are all good. Though i am very rarely seen posting amongst the pages of this part of the site I do sometimes read some of the topics and after a recent experience thought I would try see if this 'topic' has any mileage for positive discussion.

So here we are living out part of our lives online and whether or not we are looking to meet someone, our interactions and the personas we profess to be are 'real' ... aren't they? I had a recent experience that has made me question my values and my tolerance/acceptance of other people when they say/do stuff according to who they are.

Travelling on a train, my companion and I sat as sole occupants in seats opposite each other. No sooner had we gotten comfortable and started to chat than my companion put both their feet on the seat besides me. I was shocked to see this (in my books) form of anti-social behaviour enacted with not the slightest sign of 'personal restraint'; and by a person of mature years.

This event has given me reason to question how realistic it is - no matter how well and online interaction has gone - to really form a truly informed opinion of someone before you've met them and spent time together? Am I a snob? Is this a petty 'pet-hate' that reveals more about me than the other person? Has anyone ever found themselves in this sort of situation? How was it handled? Is my response that of a grumpy old man? I guess that we all have been in a similar situations in a relationship context, how do we handle them? And what do they say about US?

I am not looking to be (or to have others be) psychologically dissected or cross-examined but all in all it was an incident that made me go hhhmmmm.

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 11:41 AM
Hi CrystalFairy, I do take a lot of inspiration from your works! Keep on sharing with us.

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 03:48 AM
Albatross - Fleetwood Mac

no photo
Thu 11/12/15 03:17 AM
Edited by Dreadaye on Thu 11/12/15 03:47 AM
As is my habit I post this for what it is worth & whether or not it comes to pass that it will elicit any comment will do nothing to change the fact that as a collection of words it is more than I myself can imagine. Together with an immense respect for all those who write on here, I am often left with numerous queries in my mind whenever I read what is presented (or can be interpreted) as LOVE poem written from the perspective of a broken heart. A heart rendered morose because of feeling that another has done.

And so I will confess that the above collection of words do explore the theme of love and what is felt as a broken heart. But there is no intention to finger-point in any direction other than the self as maker and undoer of it's own emotional condition. To borrow (aka misappropriate and perhaps misinterpret) a song title from the late Isaac Hayes: I Stand Accused ...

PS: This is uncanny and so I smile at the creative energy. Taking timeout to listen to the referenced song while writing this I hear Isaac mention the word quicksand! And so by my way of observing this magical life, everything is just fine and dandy. The drama is accurate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCJ0bS3YFY

no photo
Thu 11/12/15 03:15 AM
Edited by Dreadaye on Thu 11/12/15 03:56 AM

@}{@ Quicksand @}{@

Where is the whole sum of Me to be found?
Are its' bits shattered beyond any gathering?
A collective ideal, in reality a delusional trick
Played by a mind sick within the body politic?

Itself tired of the fleeting highs that all groan
And dissipate like mysterious apparitions
Before Dawn comes with new horizons
Seeking a tow to hold on to for dear life.

If only there be an emotional plank
To lay atop these quicksands of time
That pass by my outstretched hand.

Where is the whole sum of Me to be found?
Are its' grains scattered beyond any gathering?
A collective ideal, in reality a delusional trick
Played by a mind coming unstuck within the body politic?

If only there be an emotional plank
To lay atop the quicksands of time
Passing by my outstretched hand.

no photo
Wed 11/11/15 02:00 AM
Edited by Dreadaye on Wed 11/11/15 02:08 AM
flowerforyou Now it's down to 13 noway But it reassures me as follows: You must have a photo of yourself uploaded to use Mutual Match. Upload a photo now. Ah well, been there, done that & it don't work as ... we imagine it ought to! :smile:

waving :angel:

no photo
Mon 11/09/15 09:08 AM
Edited by Dreadaye on Mon 11/09/15 09:08 AM

flowerforyou

Voices: So dreadaye, how's about you share with us just how it be like down there?

Silence.

Voices: Now, now dreadaye, we know that the folks here don't give a damn whether you be alive or faceless, but betwixt us and you (whoever you be) there are some peculiar goings on in this corner of the web worldwide that we'd love you to share your unique perspective on. So ...

Silence.

Voices: Fancy that! A tongueless, dropped-dead & beaten-up poet. Absolutely no use insofar as communication goes! Wtf you doing posturing this stuff as 'creative writing'?! Take our advice, don't give up the day job.

Silence.

Voices: We were thinking that this topic is sorta like for real. You know what we mean ...? LIke when you done gone and breathed your last breath (in the body you've spent some time in) after which you become various shades of memory to the folks that still inhaling. Yes, individual shades of ever-wilting memory till you be "remembered-in-passing" by folks on their own journey to elsewhere... before they too expire. Damn! What a merry-go-round!

Silence.

Voices: Part of the reason we stayed around here was because we feel oddly compelled to. Seemingly the more things change, the more they remain the same. And as if to prove the point we've had the inside track on your recent musings with regards to the 'Match Program.

Silence.

Voices: Though some folks never had their mind's infiltrated by your previous incarnation prior to the NEWCLEAR eruption that put paid to Mingled-Up & Stuff Like That, we notice that the 'Match Program' is still processing according to rules that must be made up as time passes ... God only knows how that thing works, because by some logic it alone knows we notice that dreadaye appears to be mutually matched with 4!

Voices: WTF! Can you believe it dreadaye? You be dead. You be faceless. Your profile is thoroughly unworthy of attention, yet still the Match Program, a figment of someone's hallucination, reckons that you be able to find four mutually dropped-dead & beaten up poets!

Silence

Voices: Never you mind because we can't believe it either....!

Voices: Sorry to disturb your peaceful rest however in the ongoing saga of this topic, this is another unbelievable update.

All of the above still remains true but we notice that the 'Match Program' continues to process according to rules that must be made up as time passes ... God only knows how that thing works, because by some logic it alone knows, for we now notice that dreadaye appears to be mutually matched with 14!

no photo
Mon 11/09/15 06:15 AM
You Can Do It - Al Hudson

no photo
Thu 11/05/15 02:22 PM
Veronika, Der Lenz Ist Da - Michael Ebert & Octavians

no photo
Wed 11/04/15 06:45 PM
Savage In The Sack - Marvin Gaye

no photo
Mon 11/02/15 04:37 PM

Thank you all for the kind thoughts..
Well I got the results today from the tests on Weds. I am making progress...
That must be one of the most frustrating statements a doctor can make. Dang it.
Well 12 more days here at the cottage then homeward bound. It kind of seems like I have been here forever then on the other hand seems like I just got here. I will be sad to be leaving here it is so calming to watch the Eagles in the Am.
Or the otters in the afternoon...

flowerforyou

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25