Community > Posts By > Fanta46

Fanta46's photo
Sun 12/23/12 05:28 AM
Why do you think it was important, to the founders of our country, to put the second admendment into our constitution?

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:48 PM
Edited by Fanta46 on Tue 03/08/11 07:49 PM
What about College kids boredinaz06?

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:36 PM

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:34 PM
What's up with all the Tea/Publican's talk about changing the Constitution?

I thought you supported the Constitution.

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:30 PM
Edited by Fanta46 on Tue 03/08/11 07:36 PM
18 or 21?

I think the law should be left alone.

The Tea/Publicans want to change it.
Why?

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:24 PM

Yeah, I don't see the heroism in letting himself get shot out of the sky and put in prison. I don't get the heroism in caving in to the torture and making anti-American statements. I am very sorry that he had to live through this ordeal, but I don't see where the hero part is. It's not like he had any choice.

Nor do I see where this qualifies a persons leadership and command abilities.

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:22 PM
the cafeteria all his employees eat at

Really?

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:15 PM

Senator McCain was NOT a "Top Fighter Pilot".

We should stay the hell out of Libya. President Obama is being very wise.

The interesting thing I am seeing is that you have guys like McCain saying we should go in....WRONG!

And I happened to hear Tim Pawlenty talking tonight, and he is saying the same thing....that we should get involved.

And Pawlenty wants to run for President? And thinks he is libertarian supported by the TEA Party?

WTF!

Yes he was. He is a highly decorated Officer and Pilot.

A No-Fly Zone isn't going in, do some research.

He's highly decorated for being shot down,
Hardly a sign of being the best.
and then spending 10 years as a POW.

Fanta46's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:07 PM
Edited by Fanta46 on Tue 03/08/11 07:09 PM
What was wrong with what he said???????

Besides,
we all know a Tea/Publican has never called someone a Muslim or their wife a gorilla!!
Nor, try to alienate American born citizens from their rites?

Who is innocent?
Who is closer to the truth?

Fanta46's photo
Fri 03/04/11 09:26 PM

Fanta46's photo
Fri 03/04/11 09:20 PM
Edited by Fanta46 on Fri 03/04/11 09:22 PM
It's propaganda and BS!
This man and his brother are investing in the Tea Publican Party.
They are paying the Tea/Republican members to Govern this country in their favor.
They are spending money, buying "Tea Publicans" to pass legislation they wrote,
and give themselves more power over our country than "the people."
They will create jobs,
in mass,
in America, only when our standard of living becomes one of the lowest in the world and our children's children will work for dirt.
All the while they will get wealthier and wealthier.

What he says in the article is not even original.
Let alone sincere.

Thank someone that the majority of America sees through this BS!

Fanta46's photo
Fri 03/04/11 09:54 AM
The Tea Party is so out of touch with main stream Americans one has to wonder.

Fanta46's photo
Fri 03/04/11 09:52 AM

Public Relations!

An attempt to continue the brainwashing rouge he has on the disillusioned fantasies of Tea Publicans.

If you think the Gov's screwing Americans now,
imagine if the corporations get a majority in all three branches, by way of the Utopian visions generated by snorting tea.

slaphead scared

Oops.
disregard.
I posted this in the wrong thread.

Fanta46's photo
Fri 03/04/11 09:50 AM
Public Relations!

An attempt to continue the brainwashing rouge he has on the disillusioned fantasies of Tea Publicans.

imagine if the corporations get a majority in all three branches, by way of the Utopian visions generated by snorting tea.

Fanta46's photo
Thu 03/03/11 11:29 PM

Fanta46's photo
Thu 03/03/11 11:23 PM

direct taxes such as income taxes, as expressly prohibited
That's not true.

But you could imagine it says that. :wink:

Fanta46's photo
Thu 03/03/11 11:20 PM
Edited by Fanta46 on Thu 03/03/11 11:20 PM
Public Relations!

slaphead scared

Fanta46's photo
Thu 03/03/11 11:07 PM
As for President Obama, the poll shows his approval rating declining a few points since Tucson, from 53%-41% in January to 48%-46% now. “If you leave out Tucson, the president’s job rating is where it was for most of 2010 -- not terrible, not great,” said NBC/WSJ co-pollster Peter Hart (D). (Still, it's a net positive, only the second time he's had a net positive rating since May 2010.) Looking ahead to 2012, Obama leads Mitt Romney (R) by nine points in a hypothetical general-election presidential contest, 49%-40%, and he leads former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R) by 19 points, 50% to 31%. But against a generic Republican, the president’s lead narrows to five points, with 45% saying they will “probably vote” for him and 40% saying they will “probably vote” for the GOP candidate.

A Tale of Two Republican Parties:

Meanwhile, looking at the GOP field, we’ll paraphrase John Edwards’ “Two Americas” -- there are two Republican parties right now. Put simply, Tea Party Republicans back Huckabee, and non-Tea Party Republicans prefer Romney. This means that if Huck and Palin, as expected, don’t run, there’s A LOT of space for someone to seize the Tea Party mantle. (And that’s probably why we saw Team T-Paw produce that Tea-Pawty video.) Overall, Huckabee leads the pack as the first choice of 25% of GOP primary voters -- followed Romney at 21%, Newt Gingrich at 13% and Palin at 12%. Ron Paul comes in fifth at 6% -- followed by Pawlenty and Mitch Daniels at 3%, Rick Santorum at 2%, and Jon Huntsman at 1%. And get this: Haley Barbour was the first choice of just one respondent out of the 282 GOP primary voters the poll surveyed.

Speaking of the GOP presidential field, Gingrich meets with Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal (R) to discuss states rights and the 10th Amendment in the governor’s office at 2:30 pm ET, and the two men will hold a media avail afterward. What Newt will say at the avail is anyone’s guess. But as we wrote yesterday, it wouldn’t be surprising if he announced he’s “testing the waters,” or “intending” to form an exploratory committee, or entering an “exploratory phase.” Then again, now that FOX has suspended him -- as well as Rick Santorum -- that’s one less thing he has to worry about. Interestingly, Newt, a former Speaker (and former LEADER of the GOP establishment) does 12 points better among tea party Republicans than NON-tea party, er, establishment Republicans.

And it appears that Newt will get a little competition today. At 1:30 p.m. ET, former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer holds a news conference in Baton Rouge, La. to announce the formation of a presidential exploratory committee. “I should be president or somebody better than I should be,” Roemer told Politico’s Martin yesterday. “And the only way to make sure of that is to make [my opponents] go around me, through me or over me in the primaries.” Martin notes, “While Roemer is a native son of a state that witnessed a miracle last year — the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl — he faces very long odds. A former Democratic member of Congress who switched to the GOP in 1991, midway through his single term as governor, Roemer has been largely absent from politics since consecutive failed gubernatorial runs.”

Ready to compromise, er, find “common ground”?

The White House yesterday looked eager to seek out a repeat of the lame-duck session compromise on taxes, offering up Vice President Biden to negotiate with Republicans on a longer-term solution to keep the government up and running. But Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker John Boehner appeared reticent to the offer, insisting Senate Democrats come up with their own plan -- publicly -- first. This meeting for today that the White House wants is not yet scheduled. Republicans have to be careful not to look like they are just trying to delay and that they aren’t willing to negotiate in good faith. It’s a tough balance for them with the Tea Party freshmen, who will likely insist on the full package of cuts. But there’s no reason negotiations can’t happen with the House GOP’s $61 billion cuts plan as the starting point. After all, the lame-duck tax cut deal was struck behind closed doors.

*** Akaka’s retirement:

Lastly, word came out last night that Hawaii Sen. Daniel Akaka won’t seek re-election next year, which creates yet another open Senate race for Republicans. But even if former Gov. Linda Lingle (R) gets in, it will be tough for a Republican to win a race in Obama’s home state when he’s on the ballot. By the way, this is PROBABLY the last retirement; DSCC Chair Patty Murray and Senate Dem leader Harry Reid have been pushing incumbents up in 2012 hard to make QUICK decisions. And Akaka was the last unknown.

Countdown to continuing resolution’s expiration: 15 days
Countdown to Iowa GOP straw poll: 162 days
Countdown to Election Day 2011: 250 days
Countdown to the Iowa caucuses: 340 days
* Note: When the IA caucuses take place depends on whether other states move up

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/03/03/6179186-first-thoughts-chased-by-a-tiger

Fanta46's photo
Thu 03/03/11 11:00 PM
Turning to the budget battles in the states, strong majorities say they are comfortable with states requiring their employees to pay more for their retirement and health care to balance budget deficits. But they oppose stripping public employees' collective-bargaining rights -- as Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) and Ohio Republicans are pursuing in their states. In the poll, 68% find it acceptable requiring public employees to contribute more of their pay for retirement benefits; 63% are fine with requiring these employees to pay more for their health-care benefits; and 58% are OK with freezing public employees' salaries for one year. However, just 33% say it's acceptable -- and 62% say it's unacceptable -- to eliminate some employees collective-bargaining rights as way to deal with state budget deficits. Americans don't like taking away "rights"; they may be loathe to award NEW rights. But once folks have them, they don't like taking them away even if they are uncomfortable or unhappy with some aspects of those rights or how they are being used. Another example of this: guns.

More government, not less: This is another striking finding from the survey: For the first time since Feb. 2009 -- right after Obama took office -- a majority (51%) believes the government should do more to solve the nation’s problems and meet the needs of people. And get this: That opinion is shared by a majority (an equal 51%) of independents. Americans are feeling shaky again about the economy, and our pollsters believe there's a correlation between the government-should-do-more number and the increased anxiety about the economic recovery.

Fanta46's photo
Thu 03/03/11 10:56 PM
Doesn't that look like something I'd write?

slaphead rofl rofl

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25