Community > Posts By > karmafury

karmafury's photo
Sat 02/16/19 12:10 PM
So I been sitting back and reading this thread on occasion. Here are my two cents worth.....

Majority of Americans are against a wall ................

http://www.pollingreport.com/trump_ad.htm

Do you think Donald Trump should or should not declare a national emergency in order to build a wall along the border with Mexico?
White--college graduate
Should 29%
Should not 69%
White--not college grad
Should 45%
Should not 51%
(CNN, 1/30-2/2)

Do you think Donald Trump should or should not declare a national emergency in order to build a wall along the border with Mexico?
Dem.
Should 3%
Should not 96%
Ind.
Should 34%
Should not 63%
Rep.
Should 64%
Should not 31%
(CNN, 1/30-2/2/19)

ALL
Should 31%
Should not 66%
White
Should 40%
Should not 57%
Nonwhite
Should 16%
Should not 81%
(CNN, 1/30-2/2)

ALL
Should 31%
Should not 66%
Women
Should 24%
Should not 73%
Men
Should 39%
Should not 58%
(CNN Poll 1/30 - 2/2)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/14/declaring-national-emergency-build-border-wall-is-out-step-with-history-unpopular/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.fd3fe18d73b6

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/04/donald-trumps-border-wall-is-unpopular-with-a-majority-of-american-voters-new-gallup-poll-finds/

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246455/solid-majority-opposes-new-construction-border-wall.aspx?g_source=link_NEWSV9&g_medium=LEAD&g_campaign=item_&g_content=Solid%2520Majority%2520Still%2520Opposes%2520New%2520Construction%2520on%2520Border%2520Wall

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Regarding National Emergency to get wall .....

TRUMP: "And a big majority of the big drugs, the big drug loads don’t go through ports of entry. They can’t go through ports of entry. You can’t take big loads because you have people, you have some very capable people, the border patrol, law enforcement looking"

False: DEA and DHS have already stated multiple times that the majority of drugs come through border crossings hidden in cars or in the cargo of tractor trailers. Other points of entry are cargo containers in seaports.

TRUMP: ... I went through Congress, I made a deal. I got almost $1.4 billion when I wasn't supposed to get $1 -- not $1. He's not going to get $1. Well, I got $1.4 billion, but I'm not happy with it.

From what I heard Democrats say on the news Trump wouldn't get any money for his wall and the nearly 1.4B is not for the wall. It is for replacing / repairing existing fence, equipment and tech for Border Patrol and improving ports of entry.

TRUMP: I didn't need to do this, but I'd rather do it much faster. And I don't have to do it for the election; I've already done a lot of wall for the election 2020.

If he didn't NEED to do it then it's not an emergency. Wanting to do it faster is a personal desire to fulfill a campaign promise and circumvent Congress and the Constitution. As to the part about having done a lot of wall ...0 wall...that's ZERO new wall has been constructed thus far. Only replacement/repair of existing fence.

TRUMP: And right now, China is paying us billions of dollars a year in tariffs and I haven't even started.

Tariffs are paid by the importer not the expoerter. Tariffs are a border-tax on the buyer, not the seller; they make it more expensive for the buyer to import a good into the country. So all the money going into government coffers ..... comes from Americans not the Chinese or any other country being tariffed.

TRUMP: And, by the way, the USMCA from Mexico -- that's United States, Mexico, Canada -- that's where the money's coming from, not directly, but indirectly, for the wall. And nobody wants to talk about that. Because we're saving billions and billions of dollars a year, if Congress approves that deal.

But the USMCA, which has yet to be ratified by Congress, doesn’t differ from NAFTA in any way that would result in a substantial revenue increase. As the New York Times pointed out last month, the new provisions added deal mostly with automobile manufacturing, intellectual property rights and access to Canadian dairy, which Trump has tweeted about at length. “It’s much harder to connect actual provisions of the USMCA to cash for the wall, since they don’t put money in the coffers of the Treasury,”

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/just-clear-mexico-no-way-202327439.html

TRUMP: Take a look at our federal prison population, see how many of them percentage wise are illegal aliens, just see.

This is misleading. Since being an illegal is of itself a violation of Federal law it is expected that they would held in federal prisons. However when looking at the total incarcerated in the United States it is a miniscule percentage.

The United States holds the highest incarceration rate in the world. In the United States, 743 of every 100,000 people is incarcerated.
http://www.notguiltynj.com/how-many-americans-have-been-incarcerated/

This works out to 2,399,890 incarcerated.

Of the 45,493 foreign-born inmates in the federal prison system made up of 188,658 inmates, the Justice Department said 3,939 are U.S. citizens.
According to the agency data, immigration orders have been issued for 54.2 percent — about 22,541 — of the remaining 41,554 incarcerated immigrants. Another 33.4 percent, about 13,886 inmates, are under investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for possible removal.
The Justice Department said about 12.3 percent — or 5,101 — of the illegal immigrants behind bars are still waiting adjudication and 26 have been granted relief because they risk persecution or serious harm if they are deported.
http://thehill.com/latino/331619-doj-releases-data-on-incarceration-rates-of-illegal-immigrants

TRUMP:I get my numbers from a lot of sources, like Homeland Security primarily, and the numbers that I have from Homeland Security are a disaster.

Again these numbers are only of those held in Federal prisons.

So Nixon, a Republican, faced impeachment for the Watergate break-in but resigned first.

Clinton, a Democrat, faced impeachment hearings for lying about having sex with Lewinsky. Cleared. (What married man will openly admit to having sex outside of his marriage?)

Trump has cozied up to nations deemed enemy states by his own Intelligence community, regularly lies to the American public about things that affect the nation, uses alternate facts (anyone else doing that is just plain lying) and distortions. Regularly uses derogatory terms, language towards people, other nations................... all that is acceptable?????

karmafury's photo
Sun 09/24/17 01:50 PM
Skateboarding cop connects with kids, one ollie at a time

karmafury's photo
Fri 09/22/17 12:34 AM

Lets knock them off the map.:tongue:

If you can accomplish what top military minds can't ... sure.

Problem: How to avoid 10 million S. Korean casualties within the first hour of conflict? Seoul is within artillery range of N.Korea and a short flight for standard bomb raids.

i think the US has had anti missle defenses in SK for a while now... plus, they can take care of themselves...if they need our help, they will ask for it

Anti missile defense is great (maybe) against missiles. I did not say missiles. Seoul is within ARTILLERY range of North Korea.

Mutual Defense Treaty Between the United States and the Republic of Korea

- a treaty between South Korea and the United States Signed on October 1, 1953, two months after the signing of the Korean Armistice Agreement which brought a halt to the fighting in the Korean War. The agreement commits the two nations to provide mutual aid if either faces external armed attack and allows the United States to station military forces in South Korea in consultation with the South Korean government.

.....The Republic of Korea and the United States agreed to a military alliance in 1953. They called it "the relationship forged in blood". In addition, roughly 29,000 United States Forces Korea troops are stationed in South Korea. In 2009, South Korea and the United States pledged to develop the alliance’s vision for future defense cooperation. Currently South Korean forces would fall under United States control should the war resume. This war time control is planned to revert to South Korea in 2020.

At the request of the United States, President Park Chung-hee sent troops to Vietnam to assist American troops during the Vietnam War, maintaining the second largest contingent of foreign troops after the United States. In exchange, the United States increased military and economic assistance to South Korea. President Roh Moo-hyun, despite having been elected on a liberal platform, also authorized dispatching a small contingent of troops to Iraq in 2004 at the request of President George Bush.

They have no need to ask.
doesn't matter what you think, the SK leader already told trump no...

Thus far I have stated facts not what I think.

Fact
There is no scenario where S. Korea doesn't have appalling casualties estimated at 10 million people.

Fact
A missile defense system is next to useless against artillery.

Fact
A missile defense system is NOT guaranteed to stop every missile.

Fact
There is a mutual defense treaty in place where if one gets attacked the other assists. This includes S. Korean forces being under U.S. command until 2020.

What I think is something else entirely. I think that both Kim and Trump need to put the rulers away, zip up their trousers and talk intelligently to find a solution that does not involve Korean and American casualties.

karmafury's photo
Thu 09/21/17 04:51 PM

Problem: How to avoid 10 million S. Korean casualties within the first hour of conflict? Seoul is within artillery range of N.Korea and a short flight for standard bomb raids.

i think the US has had anti missle defenses in SK for a while now... plus, they can take care of themselves...if they need our help, they will ask for it

Anti missile defense is great (maybe) against missiles. I did not say missiles. Seoul is within ARTILLERY range of North Korea.

Mutual Defense Treaty Between the United States and the Republic of Korea

- a treaty between South Korea and the United States Signed on October 1, 1953, two months after the signing of the Korean Armistice Agreement which brought a halt to the fighting in the Korean War. The agreement commits the two nations to provide mutual aid if either faces external armed attack and allows the United States to station military forces in South Korea in consultation with the South Korean government.

.....The Republic of Korea and the United States agreed to a military alliance in 1953. They called it "the relationship forged in blood". In addition, roughly 29,000 United States Forces Korea troops are stationed in South Korea. In 2009, South Korea and the United States pledged to develop the alliance’s vision for future defense cooperation. Currently South Korean forces would fall under United States control should the war resume. This war time control is planned to revert to South Korea in 2020.

At the request of the United States, President Park Chung-hee sent troops to Vietnam to assist American troops during the Vietnam War, maintaining the second largest contingent of foreign troops after the United States. In exchange, the United States increased military and economic assistance to South Korea. President Roh Moo-hyun, despite having been elected on a liberal platform, also authorized dispatching a small contingent of troops to Iraq in 2004 at the request of President George Bush.

They have no need to ask.

karmafury's photo
Thu 09/21/17 12:47 PM

karmafury's photo
Sun 09/17/17 06:28 PM
So I decided to check these 'headlines' that can be accredited to Trump. Amazingly when I checked the ISIS one only two had the story. I say amazingly because neither is well known so reliability is in question. I stopped looking at that point.

Before It's News

Dr. William Mount Blogspot

As to the oil in Arctic. You do realize that the larger fields are in Canadian territory. Can't touch them. As to those within US purview .. there is a greater chance of 'accidents' in the Arctic. So if, no better to say when, one of these accidents affects Canadian environment are the American companies prepared to pay the fines,penalties and clean-up costs? Can't happen because it's so very safe.....Spill map .

So with the Arab countries lowering the price of their oil and the costs of keeping rigs safe, cleaning when there is an 'accident' do you really think that those rigs a good idea?

Sorry, but I do not see a Ta Da Trump anywhere in there. If there is ... then it's a Ta Da I'm getting richer Trump and America gonna pay for it.

karmafury's photo
Sat 09/02/17 05:35 PM
Edited by karmafury on Sat 09/02/17 05:38 PM

A Utah nurse said she was scared to death when a police officer handcuffed and dragged her screaming from a hospital after she refused to allow blood to be drawn from an unconscious patient.

Wubbels told Payne that a patient had to allow a blood sample to determine intoxication or be under arrest.

There are a few things I find wrong with this.

If the patient is unconscious and blood needs to be drawn to determine intoxication, if a car accident with a fatality is involved, that blood-alcohol level will be vital to properly processing the case. The nurse was interfering with a police investigation. Obstructing an officer.

She followed the criteria as determined by law
a.. Police have a warrant for the blood
b.. The patient is under arrest
c.. The patient is conscious and gives consent

"She tells Payne that the patient is required to be conscious to give consent, unless the patient is under arrest or if officers had a warrant, and that "the parameters are spelled out in an agreement between the hospital and the department."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/second-officer-placed-on-leave-over-utah-nurse-arrest-video/

None of these criteria were met. The patient was a reserve police officer and the blood was wanted to clear him of anything.

"The Salt Lake Tribune reports the patient was a reserve police officer from Idaho who was working his other job as a semi-truck driver when a car fleeing the Utah Highway Patrol crashed into him. The newspaper cites police reports saying Payne was trying to take the blood to clear him of any wrongdoing in the wreck."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/utah-nurse-arrested-police-1.4272677

handcuffed and dragged her screaming from a hospital

Anyone that resists arrest by throwing a temper tantrum should be removed from the vicinity, in handcuffs if need be.

In a fatal accident investigation it is vital to get all the pertinent data related to the accident. The intoxicated patient involved in the accident needs a blood-test to prove their condition at the time. In a court of law if you tell the judge presiding over your families wrongful death case that an intoxication level test could not be made until the patient woke and gave permission to have the test done after two days of being unconscious the judge will laugh the evidence out of court.

A cop doesn't know when that person will wake to give permission or even if that person will wake. All he knows is there was a fatal accident and one of the people from that accident may be intoxicated to the point they may have caused said accident.

So how do you feel about the nurse that prevents blood from being drawn from the person that was involved in the accident that killed your son or daughter?

The civilized way to handle this would have been for the nurse to lodge her protest and step aside. Then she could protest the action of the police by legal methods. She assumed authority over someone else's personal rights and interfered with force. She should go to jail.

The District Attorney's office is investigating to see if criminal charges can be applied to the officer. A second officer, a lieutenant, is also on paid leave and under investigation.

"Police said Friday a second officer was also placed on paid leave. That officer has not been formally identified, but officials have said they also were reviewing the conduct of Payne's boss, a lieutenant who reportedly called for the arrest if Wubbels kept interfering."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/02/utah-cop-put-on-leave-after-bodycam-video-shows-him-cuffing-nurse-for-refusing-to-draw-blood-on-unconscious-patient.html

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/second-utah-police-officer-on-paid-leave-over-nurse-arrest-1.3573195

She followed proper protocol. The officer didn't. The arrest was unwarranted, illegal and thus an assault. Being assaulted she was in her full rights to scream and resist.

karmafury's photo
Tue 08/29/17 02:07 PM

Will update on the area but a theatre in memphis has decided to not show the new gone with the wind movie saying it is racist even though in the original the black woman star was awarded an Oscar! This is reported by the Washington post.
What will be next?

Not a new version of the film but the original:

Gone With the Wind is now gone from a Memphis, Tennessee, movie theater where it was annually screened for the past 34 years — and fans have mixed feelings about it.

The 1939 film adaptation of Margaret Mitchell’s novel of the same name — which tells the story of plantation Southern belle Scarlett O’Hara (Vivien Leigh)’s love affair with Confederate soldier Rhett Butler (Clark Gable) during the Civil War and Reconstruction periods — has been pulled from The Orpheum Theatre’s 2018 summer movie series.

Though it had been a part of The Orpheum’s annual summer movie series for years, complaints from an Aug. 11 screening prompted the theater board’s decision.

“While title selections for the series are typically made in the spring of each year, the Orpheum has made this determination early in response to specific inquiries from patrons,” The Orpheum Theatre Group said in a statement, Entertainment Weekly reported. “The Orpheum appreciates feedback on its programming from all members of the mid-south community. The recent screening of Gone With the Wind at the Orpheum on Friday, August 11, 2017, generated numerous comments. The Orpheum carefully reviewed all of them.”

http://people.com/movies/gone-with-the-wind-orpheum-theater-memphis-tennessee/

It's a classic movie. Methinks that things go waaaaay to far with all of this wiping out a part of history.

karmafury's photo
Thu 08/24/17 08:11 PM
I'm Canadian and even to me this sounds so very, very wrong.

Sounds like someone wants to make more cash. Commercial tourism is all well and good but not to the detriment of a historical site.

karmafury's photo
Sun 08/20/17 12:03 AM

Who found America. That's messed up
And that's in Detroit.

That would be the Vikings.

10,000 years before the Vikings.... Native Americans.

Christopher Columbus did not find America. He did, however, bring colonization, disease, genocide

karmafury's photo
Fri 08/18/17 06:52 PM
1.. Saying nothing when hate groups rise leads to them growing. Good people said nothing when Nazi's first rose and it led to a world war. Good people need to stand and say 'enough!'.

2.. American soldiers, among others, fought and died to defeat Hitler's Nazi's. Their flag has no place on American soil. Their ideology has no place in America.

3.. General R.E. Lee himself stated that there should be no monuments to the Confederacy. Such things would only keep the wounds of that civil war open and the nation needed to heal.

In 1869, when Lee declined an invitation from the Gettysburg Battlefield Memorial Association to help mark the positions of the troops in that 1863 battle with granite memorials.

He responded that his “engagements will not permit me to be present.” But even if he were able to attend, he added, he thought it “wiser … not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered.”

4.. The politicians need to stand up and denounce hate groups. From the left or the right... hate is hate. Those who choose racist chants, chose to use a byline of a beaten ideology (blood and soil), chose to use intimidation and fear to get a message across are no better than any terrorist group.

Enough is enough. If nothing is said, if cities, States and National governments do nothing then these groups only become more emboldened. The everyday citizens, people of all walks/creeds/races need to stand and say enough. Already these groups feel as though they can do as they please. Time for it to end.

karmafury's photo
Fri 08/18/17 12:36 PM

If YAHOO moves a tad more left,they will fall off the Flat Earth they have created!laugh

Yahoo only reprinted the article the original article is here:

President Trump needs friends in the Senate

karmafury's photo
Fri 08/18/17 12:35 PM

thinking is good, knowing is better

the OBamas were not 'disgraced' they both went inactive when they moved into other fields (like running for the president)

but maybe if the myth is repeated a few more thousand times it will become true,,,whoa

so how come obarry cannot be a lawyer again?

who said he can't?

he is retired and can request to activate his license again if he chose to,,,
you might wanna read up on that..

Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois

Barack Obama is listed as “voluntarily retired and not authorized to practice law,” and Michelle Obama is listed as “voluntarily inactive and not authorized to practice law.”

The Obamas’ Law Licenses

Do Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have valid law licenses?

(Fact Check) Did Barack and Michelle Obama “surrender” their law licenses to avoid ethics charges?

karmafury's photo
Fri 08/18/17 02:08 AM
Trump Is Just Six Senate Votes Away From Impeachment

karmafury's photo
Fri 08/18/17 01:59 AM
Edited by karmafury on Fri 08/18/17 02:01 AM

not everyplace has a 'stand your ground' loophole

some places still expect 'reasonable' attempts to avoid danger or flee a threat

well, i agree with that, but this is just to anti homeowership here, imo... ownership means nothing if you cannot defend it...

Defence of Property
Marginal note:Defence — property

35 (1) A person is not guilty of an offence if

(a) they either believe on reasonable grounds that they are in peaceable possession of property or are acting under the authority of, or lawfully assisting, a person whom they believe on reasonable grounds is in peaceable possession of property;

(b) they believe on reasonable grounds that another person

(i) is about to enter, is entering or has entered the property without being entitled by law to do so,

(ii) is about to take the property, is doing so or has just done so, or

(iii) is about to damage or destroy the property, or make it inoperative, or is doing so;

(c) the act that constitutes the offence is committed for the purpose of

(i) preventing the other person from entering the property, or removing that person from the property, or

(ii) preventing the other person from taking, damaging or destroying the property or from making it inoperative, or retaking the property from that person; and

(d) the act committed is reasonable in the circumstances.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/page-6.html#h-9

And this is why he a: will not be charged or b: will not be convicted if charged.

karmafury's photo
Thu 08/17/17 11:26 PM
Edited by karmafury on Thu 08/17/17 11:28 PM

A Dorval man who gave thieves trying to rob his house a severe beating may face assault charges.

Early Sunday morning, the 26-year-old man says he was smoking a cigarette by the side of his house, when he noticed someone dressed in black with their face covered by a bandana trying to break into a car across the street.

Then the man, who didn’t want to be identified, says he saw a second thief dressed the same way walk out of his own house. The thief’s hands were full of the man’s belongings.

At that point, he lost his temper.

He told Global News he punched the thief in the face multiple times. He said he also kicked and kneed the 19-year-old suspect.

He says as he watched the thief stumble away from his home, he noticed his wallet and cell phone were in the thief’s back pocket.

That’s when he gave chase.

He says the other thief appeared with a hammer and threatened him. He later found out the suspect in his house had been armed with a knife.

He says he swung a shovel and connected with the injured thief’s shoulder.

There was still blood on the street around the corner on Monday.

The two thieves were arrested, but assault charges are now being considered against the homeowner.

He has the support of his neighbours.

“It’s ridiculous that assault charges are even being considered,” said neighbour Rachel Amsden. “We have the right to defend ourselves.”

“If someone came onto my property, I would be chasing them off with whatever I can get into my hand,” said neighbour Lee Heffernan.

Attorney Philip Schneider says homeowners do have the right to defend their home against invaders.

“There’s a basic principle. A man’s home is his castle, and he has the right to protect his castle. People who invade the castle ought to have to face the consequences,” Schneider said.

Crown prosecutors will have to decide whether the homeowner in this crossed the line.

“The fundamental rule is you can defend yourself, but don’t inflict punishment on those who are breaking into your home. Protect yourself, protect your property, but if you find yourself inflicting punishment, you might be charged,” Schneider said.

The investigator in the case will determine later this week whether or not to recommend charges be laid.
Report an error

And this is where he 'crossed the line. The suspect was no longer in the home, was not a direct threat to life and property but fleeing scene.

Dorval man who beat up home invaders may face assault charges

karmafury's photo
Wed 08/02/17 08:41 AM
Scam Alert- Scammers Using Name Similar Sounding to Universal Funding to Get Personal Information

by Heather | Jun 22, 2016 | Press Releases

In recent weeks the headquarter office for Universal Funding Corporation, based in Spokane, WA has been receiving a number of emails, calls and inquiries from individuals who say have been contacted by a person representing themselves as affiliated with Universal Funding Corporation or a similar sounding organization. The individuals are usually contacted via mobile phone text, email, or Facebook Messenger.

The Facebook Messenger scam alerts the individual that their name appears on a winning list for receiving anywhere from $10,000 to $150,000. They are then instructed to provide personal information including address, marital status, occupations, gender, Phone number, email, monthly income, and age. Once the individual provides their personal information they are then told that in order to collect the winnings they must send anywhere from $200 to $1,500 to redeem the winnings

url=https://www.universalfunding.com/scam-alert-scammers-using-name-similar-sounding-universal-funding-get-personal-information/]Scam Alert- Scammers Using Name Similar Sounding to Universal Funding to Get Personal Information

karmafury's photo
Wed 08/02/17 08:41 AM
Scam Alert- Scammers Using Name Similar Sounding to Universal Funding to Get Personal Information

In recent weeks the headquarter office for Universal Funding Corporation, based in Spokane, WA has been receiving a number of emails, calls and inquiries from individuals who say have been contacted by a person representing themselves as affiliated with Universal Funding Corporation or a similar sounding organization. The individuals are usually contacted via mobile phone text, email, or Facebook Messenger.

The Facebook Messenger scam alerts the individual that their name appears on a winning list for receiving anywhere from $10,000 to $150,000. They are then instructed to provide personal information including address, marital status, occupations, gender, Phone number, email, monthly income, and age. Once the individual provides their personal information they are then told that in order to collect the winnings they must send anywhere from $200 to $1,500 to redeem the winnings

url=https://www.universalfunding.com/scam-alert-scammers-using-name-similar-sounding-universal-funding-get-personal-information/]Scam Alert- Scammers Using Name Similar Sounding to Universal Funding to Get Personal Information

karmafury's photo
Wed 08/02/17 08:37 AM
Edited by karmafury on Wed 08/02/17 08:37 AM

karmafury's photo
Tue 08/01/17 07:09 PM
Kristin Beck, a former Navy SEAL Team 6 member who publicly came out as transgender in 2013, had some tough criticism for President Trump’s plan to reinstate a ban on transgender individuals serving in the military.

“Let’s meet face to face and you tell me I’m not worthy,” Kristin Beck, a 20-year Navy veteran and the first openly transgender former SEAL, told Business Insider on Wednesday. “Transgender doesn’t matter. Do your service.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/26/kristin-beck-transgender-former-seal-team-6-member/

Who gives a crap about gender identification when what counts is ..... a comrade in uniform has your back.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25