Community > Posts By > RedHen

RedHen's photo
Fri 04/03/09 04:08 PM
Sounds fair to me; they can assume he drove there in that condition.

Anyway, public drunkenness is a crime; even in a bar you can be charged with public drunkenness.

Maybe you'd prefer the cops to wait until he killed a few people?

RedHen's photo
Sun 09/21/08 07:40 AM
Yes, I had a cat who used to talk politics. Then there was my German Shepherd who loved existential philosophy. I had to give him away; he used to bore all my human friends silly.

RedHen's photo
Sun 09/21/08 07:34 AM
Edited by RedHen on Sun 09/21/08 07:35 AM
How about:

Keys to Online Dating Success; Part I, The Approach.

Not getting any responses to your personal ad? Learn how to craft ads that will get attention from women, in six fun sessions, including:

I Am Not My Ride -- why posting a photo of your Harley (boat, car) instead of yourself might not be working for you there, Chachi.

Real Men Use Spell-Check -- wonder why the femininas are not flocking to your ad? These simple, easy-to-remember rules you should have learned in elementary school can have THEM stuffing YOUR inbox (e.g., "I before E, except after C, or when sounded like A, as in neighbor, and weigh!"

Repeat After Me: Women Are Not Just Men with Less Hairy Legs -- Sure, YOU'D like to see topless photos of the ladies with their profiles . . . it doesn't follow that the ladies want to see YOU that way. And combing your hair couldn't hurt, either.

You're Supposed to Use a SCREEN Name, not a SCREAM Name: Calling yourself Bushwhacker, Madder Max, Dahmer II, or The Beastmaster might not be getting you the quality of ladies you want. Think about it.

And more!

So, much more!

RedHen's photo
Fri 09/12/08 08:03 AM
It's kind of hard for me to concentrate on what Ann Coulter says. I'm distracted by her Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

RedHen's photo
Fri 09/12/08 07:03 AM
Of course you are allowed to have opinions, but when they sound insane, they will probably be called insane.

You should have the courage of your opinions, if not of your convictions. Say what you will and allow others to react. Don't cry "he/she called me a name!"

RedHen's photo
Thu 09/11/08 10:51 PM

This is the a lot different than what liberal detractors say about this, which ius why Governor Palin asked the same question I did.yawn huh

THE BUSH DOCTRINE

The Bush Doctrine holds that the national security of the United States and the West can only be guaranteed by all countries adopting democracy and the rule of law. That democracies don’t fight other brother democracies. Their people would rather drink beer then make war. Democracy can only be spread through example and formulation of alliances. Its implementation aided through trade, economic aid, and the creation of free trade blocks - never though the use of force. Employing the sword to spread democracy is a true oxymoron.

The EU is one of the most important entities to the success of the Bush Doctrine. Europe is building a country composed of independent nation states. This mission is truly heroic and historic. One of the great success stories in the history of democracy was the EU accessionof 10 former Eastern European nations in 2004. One hundred million people brought home to Europe as free and democratic peoples. After two world wars and the death of 110 million people in the space of 30 years – this was a remarkable achievement.

Unfortunately the EU has recently lost its way. The future of the USA and the West depends on the successful completion of the European experiment. The United States must meet withBrussels and put together an action plan to complete EU expansion and create a free trade zone of democratic nations stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific and from the Arctic to the Antarctic (2.4 billion people) As part of the implementation of the Bush Doctrine, Washington should implore the EU to fulfill its destiny – a Europe without borders – a Europe without divisions.

EU Membership Declaration

All nations bordering the EU have a moral right to join provided they meet one of the following 3 criteria:

1.European Country

2.European nation.

3.European people.

Brussels sends letters of invitation to Russia, Belorussia, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia - the Balkan States of Serbia, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Bosnia. These letters of invitation start a 15 year process of moving these nations through the 35 chapters of the legal accession requirements. The final accession agreement with each country will depend on Europe’s economic and political status in 2021. No promises. No guarantees. By placing each of these countries on a path to membership, there will be an immediate flowering of democracy and economy in all these states. Brussels does not have the moral right to deny any of these countries entry (unless they fail in the 35 chapter process). Ukrainians are as European as the French or Germans. To leave the Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova without access to Europe - forcing them into a Russian Empire and loss of their national sovereignty would be a criminal act equal to Munich or the selling out of Eastern Europe to Stalin and the Soviets. A black stain on future European history.

Obviously, Russia will not join the EU. However in the letter of invitation to Russia, Europe should also offer a Super Special Relationship incorporating Russia not only into a NAFTA style free trade agreement but a special political and economic partnership bringing it as a major player into the very heart of Europe. Russia would be allowed to elect delegates to the European Parliament based on 25/40% of its total allotment as if it was a full fledged member. These delegates would participate in all committees, vote on all issues, but with no veto power. Russia cannot and must not be isolated by the West. A full and equal partnership between Russia and the EU must be offered to the Russian people. In return Russia must democratize its political institutions. If the Russian government refuses then Russia will not be able to complain when other nations decide to join. And the EU leaves the offer on the table as a demonstration to the Russian people of a different vision their economic and political future – a vision in direct conflict with Putin’s national repression and domination of its Near Abroad neighbors through energy blackmail.

The strategy is for Brussels to offer Russia an equal partnership in a free trade zone incorporating the Ukraine, Turkey, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, the 5 Stan states and Mongolia. This free trade zone would then be joined to NAFTA ( US/Canada/Mexico) creating an economic giant of 1.4 billion people. This giant is then expanded to include South and Central America (2.4 billion). In this free trade zone, Russia, the Stan states, Ukraine, Turkey etc are granted full access to Western markets for trade, investment and technology. The EU is guaranteed energy security – the very essence of the NAFTA Agreement between Canada and the United States. (Canada was given access to the US market and in return Canada guaranteed the US - energy security,)

Through this free trade alliance with guaranteed access to the EU and NAFTA - the Russian economy will be able to break the petrol strangle hold Gasprom etc have over the economy. Growth in the other economic sectors of the Russian economy with access to a market of 1.4 billion plus people will explode.

In this way a Europe without borders living in peace and security can be created stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific.

THE DEMOCRATIZATION OF GLOBALIZATION

The West must move immediately to dramatically correct the massive trade imbalances that they have allowed China to accumulate. This means the reallocation of $ 350 billion of production out of China and into third world democratic countries. This would be done over a 10 year period i.e. 35 billion/year. (The United States presently sells $28 billion to China and imports $228billion – a whopping $200 billion deficit. A real sucker’s deal if there ever was one. A sucker’s deal that is devastating the wages and economic future of the American Middle Class. The EU has a deficit of $150 billion. Sucker number 2.) These countries include Mexico, Central and South America, India, and Africa where the US $200 billion share would be shifted. The EU $150 billion - to Romania, Bulgaria, the Balkans, Ukraine, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia the 5 Stan States. The only stipulation is that these countries must purchase an equivalent amount of high end production from the US and the EU to modernize their economies. In this way everybody wins. The US/EU dramatically reduces their trade deficit. The $200 billion coming back into the US/EU economy in high end technology jobs translates into an $800 billion economic bonanza. An economic bonanza for the besiegedMiddle Classes of both the US and EU. The benefits of Globalization goes to the needy hard working poor of democratic nations. And the hard working down trodden Middle Classes of the West. The pouring of its trade imbalance with China by the EU into its Near Abroad will dramatically shift the balance of power to democratic forces of the Ukraine, Turkey, the Stan States etc and drastically reduce the costs of the EU eventually absorbing these counties as member states. Globalization becomes a vehicle not to enrich one greedy, criminal state but to benefit the entire third world.

As previously explained - the transfer of trade wealth from the West to the third world and spreading it around comes back to the West through the purchase of high end technology to be used to modernize these third world countries. Trade becomes a tool to spread freedom and democracy - The Democratization of Globalization.

EU and TURKEY

Another cornerstone of the Bush Doctrine is Turkey’s accession to Europe. It is absolutely essential to the national security of both EU and Russia that Turkey join the European Union. The last thing that the EU and Russia want is a destabilized Turkey – again the Sick Man of Europe – turning to nationalism and Islamic extremism. However we must be honest right from the start – there is no way Turkey will be allowed to join the EU unless a different approach is employed by both sides.

This is the defining moment in Turkish history. Turkey stands at a crossroad – completing its historical move to the West started by Kemal Ataturk in the 1920’s or away from the West and toward political Islam. We must do everything to ensure a Western future for Turkey.

Turkey must first of all realize that even if it was a 99.9% Christian country, the EU would still not want it as a member. Europe suffers from expansion fatigue. A phony disease designed by European politicians to keep others from sharing the economic fruits and power of the EU. After 9/11 and the bombings in Spain and London, and given that Turkey is 99% Moslem this sentiment has only increased. People are scared. Europe fears millions of poor, conservative, uneducated masses pouring across its borders and living on its streets, in its subway systems. Self segregating ghettos. Unwilling to integrate. Hostile to their new homelands. A European Nightmare.

In order to overcome this fear, the following strategy should be implemented:

Turks have to realize that joining the EU involves the Europeanization of Turkey not the Turkization of Europe. A long road started by Ataturk completing the Westernization and secularization of Turkey. Political Islam is rejected.

While Turkey is fulfilling its membership requirements, (an estimated 15 year process) both governments start an educational program whereby every class/ school in Turkey has a corresponding class/school in France, Germany, Austria and Netherlands. In this way through the internet and other means of communication - each Turkey child attending school has a soul mate of similar age in Europe to correspond and grow up with. At least once during the next 15 years, both governments fund entire schools from Turkey traveling to Europe to meet their pen pals and vice versa.

Secondly, Turkey signs the Universal Declaration Of Religious Rights and Freedoms – renouncing all violence in religion, total equality of sexes, religious freedom, equality of all mankind, intellectual freedom and democratic rule of law. (For this declaration go to: www.godofreason.com) Both governments put together a civics class lecture explaining the EU structure, laws, history (European and Turkey), religious non violence, women rights etc. to be taught from first grade thru university to all students.

Upon completion of the 35 chapters, Turkey joins Europe but with the stipulation that the right of migration will be considered only when Turkey’s GDP grows to 85% of the old 15 member states and unemployment is reduced to 9%. A face saving mechanism for both sides. Studies have shown that very few people want to leave their homes unless forced to by a lack of economic opportunity. In a prosperous economy with income and unemployment levels at the stated criteria very few Turks will migrate to Europe. Upon joining - Turkey’s economy will boom and over time rise to a GDP rivaling the original founders. In the meantime, as Europe enters an era of massive labor shortages due to population decline, then Turks with skills needed by industry could apply on a priority basis for special working visas. Only in this way will Turkey be allowed to join. The peoples of France, Austria and the Netherlands who oppose Turkey’s entry should be persuaded by the above arrangement. Turkey joins Brussels with all the rights of membership. The feared right of migration is formalized later when GDP and unemployment criteria are met. By that time very few will want to leave except to visit.

The same formula to be employed for the Ukraine, Georgia etc. to show full equality of treatment.

Finally, to help Turkey resolve its Kurdish minority crisis, the EU sends a delegation to the Kurdish areas of Turkey to explain to them what a European future means and their place in a united democratic Turkey where all their rights are guaranteed. Allocates funds to re- build entire communities ravaged by civil war. (Over one million Kurds were made homeless.) An EU/ Turkey delegation travels to Kurdistan and offers the Kurds - a Special Relationship in Europe just short of actual membership - a special autonomous status - not nation state status. Kurdistan is guaranteed trade access, economic assistance, employment opportunities, education and technology – in short all the benefits of belonging to the EU. In return, they must implement freedom and democracy to all citizens including the Turkmen and Arabs, agree to share the oil wealth of Kurkik and if Iraq does not break apart, then the oil wealth of Kurdistan. And complete the 35 chapters. End the safe haven in the Kurdish mountains for both Kurdish rebels from Turkey and Iran. This special relationship will guarantee the future of Kurds. And remove a big thorn from Turkey’s political life. In this way the EU stabilizes both Turkey and Northern Iraq.

There can be no political correctness applied to Turkey’s membership bid. They must complete all the 35 chapters. And Turks keep their Secular Democratic Republic. In return the EU allows Turkey to join.

THE BUSH DOCTRINE AND THE PALESTINIANS

It is absolutely essential that a solution be found to the Israeli – Palestine conflict. This conflict is a cancer that eats away at the Middle East. The EU has an historical opportunity to bring it to an end. Just as the EU brings freedom and democracy - a European future to the Kurds - so to the EU can bring a European future to Israel and Palestine.

The EU offers both Israeli and Palestinians - a Super Special Relationship – all the benefits of membership except a veto power. Businessmen from both countries will enjoy full access to the EU market - the people of both countries - full access to political institutions, technology, educational institutions, funding, employment etc.

In return, the Palestinians must:

1.Recognize Israel.

2.Cease all attacks.

3.Complete all the 35 chapters.

4. Eventually Jews allowed to live in the West Bank.

Israel must:

1.Withdraw all forces from the West Bank.

2.Dismantle all settlements except the 2 large ones adjacent to the wall.

3.Stop all building in Jerusalem Palestinian areas.

4.Allow East Jerusalem to be Palestinian Capital.

5.Complete all 35 chapters.

6.Eventually Palestinians allowed to live in Israel. (quid pro quo basis)

In order to ensure that terrorists do not smuggle 15,000 rockets into West Bank Cities, the EU/Natio and UN send an army of 10,000 to both the West Bank and Gaza Strip to secure the borders. Although the diehards will never give up their aim of destroying Israel – the Palestinian people by joining with Europe are guaranteeing the future of their children. Businessmen can produce goods and services for a market, not of 4 million but of 500 million and a free trade zone of 1.4 /2.4 billion (3 billion with the Middle East Free Trade Zone). With no violence, the Gaza Strip could become a mini Beirut with multi - billion European investments in tourism and hotels. Its future guaranteed. The Palestinians would have to be mad not to jump at this EU OPPORTUNITY. If they do not then screw them. No more money. No more aid. IT’S TIME FOR TOUGH LOVE PALESTINIAN STYLE.

A peace settlement engineered by the EU dramatically alters the war on terror - the relationship between the West and Islam and democracy throughout the Arab world. The Bush Doctrine takes its historical place in World History.

Time for leadership.

Time for historical greatness.

Time for vision.

CONTACT

Larry Houle

E-mail: intermedusa@yahoo.com

That's not the Bush Doctrine, you idiot.

And, oh, wow, you can Google. And cut and paste!

And my original post was correct.

RedHen's photo
Thu 09/11/08 10:31 PM
And by the way, neither Sarah Palin nor John McCain is the Antichrist. Ann Coulter already has that job nailed down.

And she's doing a fine job with it. Just ask the 9/11 widows.

RedHen's photo
Thu 09/11/08 10:29 PM
The Bush Doctrine states that we (the US) have the right to preemptively attack any other country that we think poses a threat to us.

You know, it's kind of like saying I have the right to come to your house and shoot you because I think you maybe kind of look like you might do the same to me someday. Maybe.

RedHen's photo
Thu 09/11/08 10:16 PM
McCain's choice of Palin was a brilliant move that re-energized the Republican base. To me, she's a joke, but she's not a joke to a lot of people who buy the Republican fantasy. Is she qualified? I don't believe so.

I remember when Ronald Reagan ran for president, I thought he was a joke -- plus which, I could NEVER find anyone who would admit to planning to vote for him. Well, he got into office and the country's been in the crapper ever since.

The Republicans are BRILLIANT strategists. They know before the American people do what kind of fairy tale we want to be told, and they have people like Sarah Palin to tell it. Leave it to the Dems to exhort us to follow the better angels of our nature -- no one wants to do that! Republicans embody and enshrine the worst we can be, dress it up as virtue, and win, win, win.

When will we learn?

RedHen's photo
Thu 09/11/08 09:32 PM
Lily, you are wonderful and rare. I loved the post about wanting to live "in the time of elves and wizards." Hell-o! There was no such time. Or, since they are imaginary beings, their time is now!

Thinking you could "go back" to the time of imaginary characters out of legend is like thinking if you only had a powerful enough rocket you could fly to heaven!

Rock on, Lily!

RedHen's photo
Thu 08/28/08 07:50 AM
Actually, what pantyhose can prevent are things like lovemaking. I'm not taling about their physical properties, but their aesthetic ones. What a mood killer!

RedHen's photo
Thu 08/28/08 07:48 AM
After Hours was hilarious. And I lived in NY in the 80s, and it's all so true!

I always wanted to see a double feature of After Hours and Into the Night (John Landis). It seems they are the east- and west-coast versions of the same phenomenon.

Like Dorothy said, "I want to go HOME!" (Only I can't seem to get there!)

Did anyone like Fur, with Nicole Kidman? I enjoyed it in a creepy way. But I was always a fan of Diane Arbus.

I also loved the brilliant Marie Antoinette, by Sofia Coppola. Especially the soundtrack!

RedHen's photo
Thu 08/28/08 07:42 AM
Tubular garments in general should be eschewed.

RedHen's photo
Thu 08/28/08 07:26 AM
Funny you should ask! Yes. Pantyhose DO hurt. Once, I wore a pair that were supposed to be "tummy control." I knew the top portion would be a little on the tight-ish side, in order to "control" the tummy. But I never expected this! Next to waterboarding on the torture scale! At the end of the day, they were more like "mind control" pantyhose, because getting them off was the absolute only thing I could think about.

I wore them to a funeral, and the tears I shed that day were definitely not all about the deceased!

Also, if you are wearing pantyhose and your get a little hole down by the toe, as the day wears on, your toe can start to poke through. By the time you get home at night, your toe is in danger of turning gangrenous from lack of circulation!

I would say "Down with Pantyhose," but that might be considered an inappropriate posting. But I believe you can gather my feelings. Oh, and I am a total Obamazon!

RedHen's photo
Tue 08/05/08 10:31 PM
aristocrats

RedHen's photo
Tue 08/05/08 10:27 PM

as a whole, not individually have been from Pennsylvania and Indiana. I know not everyone will agree with this, so point me in another direction if you can. What state do you think holds the most beautiful women?

I don't even know how to begin to process that question . . . what. . . the . . . ?

RedHen's photo
Tue 08/05/08 10:25 PM

Well, it's actually just after 1 am here, so I won't really write much right now.....

I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and say hello to all..

I'll be back soon, and I'll be ready to jump right in!

But for now.....

Ciao!

Hello to you,

I am new, too. It's 10:24 here, so it's almost bedtime for me, too. Have a nice evening, everyone.

RedHen's photo
Tue 08/05/08 10:04 PM

Get away from her you *****. -- Ripley, "Aliens"

RedHen's photo
Mon 08/04/08 03:08 PM
. . . is a penny earned.

RedHen's photo
Mon 08/04/08 09:39 AM
Sorry so many had bad experiences. I married my LDR, and he was the love of my life. He died in 2005, after only five years together. But I'd rather have had those five years with him than a lifetime with someone else.

Because I had grown kids and was beginning to get grandkids, I didn't want to move to where he was -- he had to come to me. Which meant dealing with immigration, legal residency, etc. Which is expensive, and a pain, but was so worth it. He was everything I could ever have wanted. Kind of makes me wonder what I'm doing here, because I don't know if anyone else could ever take the place of my LDR. I'd like to give a new fella the chance to try, though.

Previous 1