FurthestCityLight's photo
Mon 09/22/08 11:47 AM
Pretty much, all morals and values are subjective. Personally, I think going after someone else's significant other is a bit of a **** move, but someone else might see it as fair game.

Thu 08/28/08 06:54 PM
It entirely depends on the person.

Sun 08/24/08 08:57 PM

Tell me Gold medalist Michael Phelps wouldn't be great for this part in the Justice League movie when it comes out!

nope, dont see it. even though the guy can swim, it doesnt mean he can act, and that is the important factor in this case, as it is a FILM.

and as it was said before, the ability to swim isnt exactly a requisite for playing Aquaman as they would just CGI the hell out of any underwater scene anyways.

...didn't I just say this exact thing like a page back ago? I'll assume great minds think alike...

Sun 08/24/08 08:52 PM

Yeah, I guess Michael Keaton & George Cloony made perfect matches for Batman or Angelina Jolie looked like a perfect match for Laura Croft. Oh and don't forget Ben Affleck made a perfect Dare Devil ....lol and worst of all a Black Samuel L Jackson playing Nick Fury (who happens to be White)....

At least Phelps is the best swimmer on the planet and he's the same color as Aquaman (Hollywood can cover the rest)....lol

let me make the corrections. first, hollywood blows. second, there is no "white" samuel L jackson, so you don't have to classify him as "black" samuel L jackson. third, the "black" nick fury is based off from the ultimate marvel series. yes, in that series, nick fury is black.

now because hollywood has no intention of telling anyone about this series, and how they're just gonna use celebrity status to hype the build up to the avengers, they blow major ass!

fourth, why should michael phelps be considered for the role of aquaman? because he's a great swimmer? okay lets say thet get him, 95% of the time, he's gonna be a horrible actor, and that other 5% he's gonna swim like a pro. wowster, i'm glad i got to see 10 mins of awesome swimming! its hollywood man! they're gonna get brad pitt or some other pretty boy!

smokin
When did samuuel l jackson play nick fury?
that guy from baywatch david hasselhoff or some sh*t played him in the sh*tty movie I seen on cable

The Hoff? Please don't remind me of Nick Fury: Agent of Shield AKA Dropkick the Motion Picture. It had all the credibility of the Dolph Punisher.

Sun 08/24/08 12:39 AM

dude ever you seen the cartoon Justice League??? They barely had him in there!!! Justice League is Batman,Superman,Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern,WOnder Woman,The Flash and Hawkgil or HawkMan. Then they came out with Justice League of America where they had everybody else!!! But I barely saw Aquaman in any of those episodes!!! So Aquaman is useless!! LOL!!! Im just sayin the facts n that they put a Hold on Justice League Movie! Go to www.superherohype.com Stop watchin that old SuperFriends cartoons on youtube those blow monkey balls!!!

Um...dude did you ever read the comics that the cartoon was based on? You realize the the animated DCU is only one facet of the series, I mean come on. Aquaman has always been an important part of the JLA. Not always a cool part, or hell, even a useful part, but I can make the same argument against Hawkman/Hawkwoman. They can fly, neat. So can just about anyone else. Not picking on you, man, but I just have to play devil's advocate here and point some things out.

Thu 08/21/08 10:08 PM
Does it really matter if the actor is a great swimmer? I mean really, they'll just CG the hell out of the movie in post production anyway. I mean, look at Iron Man, it's not like they were looking for an actor who was a master in the field of flying really damn fast, they were just looking for an actor.
Plus, like someone said before me (I'm too lazy to quote), Aquaman doesn't have to be lame, people just still have the image of him from the Super Friends cartoon stuck in their head. A few of his recent comic adaptations have actually been pretty neat, kind of a King Arthur underwater thing.

Tue 08/19/08 10:38 PM
It's cool, lol. Like I said, didn't want to be a jerk, just thought it was kind of funny.

Tue 08/19/08 10:36 PM

This should be really easy, but it's not from what i seen most people do on here.

Why don't people pay attention to what there reading?

It's like they take what they want to read and run with it and then after the fact. They Go OHslaphead i didn't read the whole thingslaphead :laughing: :laughing:

I hate to be "that guy," but I just thought it was funny that in a message about paying attention to reading, you used "there" as in, "Hey, look over there," and not "they're," as in"...what they're reading."

Like I said, not trying to be a jerk, just thought it was funny.

Plus, the English major in me was going crazy over it, sorry.

Tue 08/19/08 10:02 PM
Wow. That was fantastical. Lol.

Sun 08/17/08 06:52 PM
It was a pretty cool show, but at the time, Joss Whedon (the show's creator) was busy having all of his other shows canceled,so I guess they just figured "why not?" It seems that most good shows get canned after only a few episodes lately.

Sun 08/17/08 04:22 PM
Dude. Walter Peck, Ghostbusters.

Sat 08/16/08 09:54 PM
World on Wheels - Saul Williams