Community > Posts By > Emevol

Emevol's photo
Fri 05/13/22 11:34 AM
Ugh ... I miss mine! When younger me thought I was too big, I was just right! Now that I'm more like an Easter Egg with legs, I'd really love to be younger me size again! Haha!

No waistline for way too long ... it's fallen and it can't get up!

Emevol's photo
Wed 05/04/22 06:21 PM

It seems Biden has some company in his challenge to grasp reality, now there is Katy Brown the Governor of Oregon. She is trying to make it mandatory for all schools to install a tampon dispenser in all bathrooms including the boys bathroom . Her reasoning is everybody can menstruate. In case you didn’t know, yes she is a democrat. California and Illinois are next to implement these standards. Also the way they are loosing their minds over the leaked report that Row vs. Wade may be reversed. It hasn’t happened yet but they are already spreading their dis-information about this issue. Do you think his disinformation board will go after him. NO . WTF is happening to this country , these nutbags are trying to turn this country into a freak show. Don’t believe anything they say cause they are unhinged and out of touch with reality.

Freak show seems to be an understatement lately.

Emevol's photo
Wed 05/04/22 06:19 PM
Enjoy

Emevol's photo
Wed 05/04/22 08:40 AM
Babes

Emevol's photo
Mon 05/02/22 10:50 PM

This has been a problem for a long time. The only way to get around that is to introduce symbols to break up the block of words to indicate paragraphs.

Ahhh ... thanks for that hint! It's been bugging me! :)

Emevol's photo
Mon 05/02/22 10:07 AM

I notice I get a lot of requests to go off site for chat. Is this a scam thing? I don't mind, but seems suspicious. What's your experience with this?

I'm gonna go with a for sure they are scammers! Context is key and getting to know people takes time. There is a time and place for everything!!

IMO, immediate requests to communicate offsite should be ignored!

Emevol's photo
Mon 05/02/22 09:56 AM
Is there a way when writing the profile description to insert paragraph spacing?

On here, I just enter twice and it holds the new line but on my profile, even though it looks like I've made paragraphs, when I view it, it's all running together.

Is there some formatting secret that I don't know about?

Thanks y'all!

Emevol's photo
Mon 05/02/22 09:45 AM
Edited by Emevol on Mon 05/02/22 09:50 AM
IDK ... if it's too long or has an absence of paragraphs/white space which, for me, makes it hard to read; however, I also haven't figured out how to make paragraphs in my profile. I'm often "too wordy" so I guess maybe that that isn't an issue for me! :) I did find it to be non-specific to the things I might want to know.

Employment section lists "seller on heavy equipment" makes me feel like you may be a scammer because, in my experience, those who word things in that way (and, "seeking for) aren't normally who is depicted in the profile I'm reading.

Not sure if that's anything that anybody else notices or has noticed besides me. And, isn't necessarily terrible but does send up my red flag warning! Also, could be a typo! So that one is something to figure out via future conversations!

Nice seeing multiple pics but not sure why the one with the mask as it hides your face.

Good luck and be careful out there!

Emevol's photo
Fri 04/29/22 12:05 AM
Dodge

Emevol's photo
Thu 04/28/22 11:47 PM
Zebra

Emevol's photo
Thu 04/28/22 09:06 AM

hi. why wont anyone date me?

On your profile, you list "separated". Separated is still married which, to me, is somebody who is not available. Perhaps that's why nobody will date you!

Emevol's photo
Tue 04/26/22 08:27 AM
It's wrong.

Honesty is the key to success in everything (IMO). Cheating is dishonest and therefore, wrong.
The end.

Emevol's photo
Tue 04/26/22 07:41 AM
Edited by Emevol on Tue 04/26/22 07:43 AM
IMO, Mingle2, as with any other dating platform or life itself, has some percentage of those not wanting more than to use others for personal gain.

I'm recently trying to figure out Mingle2 but, due to living in a rural area and no longer working, find that dating sites are a vehicle to meet those I would not normally. I limit driving to town to save on fuel costs so, when I go, it's for specific reasons - none of which seem to allow me to meet other single folks ... or, not so far!

I don't love the "scammer/fakes" that we all encounter but, over time, they have signs in profile construction, verbage, photos that can steer you away before you invest any time or effort! Or, that's how it's been for me. Granted, it's been an evolution that started following my divorce in 2008.

I don't know of any person who would ask for or expect money to facilitate meeting. So, when that happens, stop communicating immediately!

I steer clear of "voip phone numbers" when offered. If I can't google someone's phone number and it at least show the general geographic area they claim and/or name matching that given to me, I'm not calling it!

If they have a "pion" for anything, ummm ... next.

If the first contact says, "hello beautiful or any similar description" before other words that could've been said, I'm wary.

If the first contact includes, "how long have you been here and what do you seek" ... umm, nope.

The trap isn't in the website, it's within the population of the world. Those who want something for nothing are everywhere and this is just one vehicle they are going to use to obtain what they want.

I didn't meet my ex-husband online and even after 20 years, that didn't work. I've met awesome folks from online contacts and I've met some who are just not. Mingle2 or any dating platform or meeting somebody at HEB or church, isn't a guaranteed thing.

Don't rush the process. Converse on here. Cover things you want to know. If he/she appears too good to be true, then, they probably don't really exist! LOL. We all have and know our strengths and weaknesses and, by this age, if we haven't accepted those and can't discuss them, no way are we going to a decent partner for somebody else.

Be careful out there. In each situation you encounter, use your best judgement. Trust yourself. It's weird to say but as you are traveling through life, have an open mind/heart as you receive information from others but, before you act on it, use all the tools at your disposal to determine if it's accurate, valid or true.

In all things, words should consistently be supported by appropriate action. Sometimes, this appears quickly and other times, not so much. I've found, the first time words/action don't match is a red flag for sure. I know what I offer and need, and that's a biggie! If in a chat/phone conversation, something like this becomes evident, it's not likely to be different in the future!

Still may get hurt or it won't work out but, you'll know you've done your best using what you have to make the best decision for your life!

Emevol's photo
Mon 04/25/22 04:04 PM
Edited by Emevol on Mon 04/25/22 04:09 PM

In my limited knowledge, gleaned over the past two years of learning about scammers...is that it is a word commonly used by the scammers but not limited to them.....hope that makes sense.

Bingo ... that's what I have found as well! I totally stop reading from that word forward! In my opinion, that word and "pion" are red flags!

I'm new to this platform but in some of the others I've tried, this word is used often! It's not an error except maybe by someone whose language of origin is not English! I've not corresponded with anybody who used either word that was an actual person with honest intent! That I know for sure!

When reading a profile using the word, context suggests they are meaning passion (pion) or passionate (pionate).

Emevol's photo
Mon 04/25/22 10:53 AM
I have a small herd of goats. While they are cute and funny, it's not a cheap endeavor! And, they aren't all that great at mowing or weedeating because they don't really eat "everyting or anything"!

Goats, or at least these, are picky! They are also browsers as somebody else mentioned meaning they prefer to eat things above ground ... limbs, leaves etc. I also have horses and a donkey. Those are grazers but, also don't eat everything that grows! So, I still have to mow and weedeat! UGH!

That said, goats are so comical and fun to watch and interact with daily! Each will have their own personality beyond normal "goat" stuff!

I hope you find the place you need to have a few goats! For sure, you're life won't be dull!

Emevol's photo
Mon 04/25/22 10:14 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to use this platform and shocked to discover these boards. So cool.

Regarding, an honest President, I agree that Trump seems to have been the most transparent of those we've had in office in many years. He appeared to not try to "blend in" with the status quo and certainly, wasn't mincing his words whenever he spoke or posted. I know there were so many times that I wished he wouldn't say/post some of what he did! His wording and delivery was abrupt at best and I can totally see how the sensitive among us would be "offended". Guess I was raised with the "turn the other cheek" and "sticks and stones" thought process so, I might not like what I hear but, I can totally keep living my life in spite of it! Oh hey, kind of like me blurting out stuff without the benefit of that filter most of you seem to possess! If it's a flaw, it's one of mine!

I didn't always agree with what Trump said or how he said it; however, what I do appreciate and miss, is that He seemed to realize that the world and our nation didn't really need to know ALL he was doing or about to do in some cases. I have zero military background but seems to me, it's not wise to announce who, what, when and where you may or may not do something!

Was he an honest President? I feel as though he followed his own value system and ideas based on his own life experiences. I didn't see him flip flopping to appease those around him. I also noticed that he might say one thing based on his opinion but after more information or experience, would alter his thought process. He seemed to do so based on actual facts and not peer pressure. He outlined what he wanted to accomplish while President and he seemed to go down that list doing or trying to do each thing.

A President is an individual who is tasked with protecting, growing, serving our country but is really unable to effect change on his/her own. It's the others surrounding them and those elected to the House/Senate who are more in control of what is actually done. Or, that's how it seems to me.

What I feel negatively impacts our lives, is the way they tack on additional things they want to pass and bury them in the important bills. As a population, we don't always know what all was included beyond the main intent unless we dig around and study each one. I know the media surely isn't going to objectively report the real reasons a President may not support what seems to us as a no brainer bill! As a career employee of State government, I know how my life was impacted by similar issues.

I've historically voted as an independent but do so with more conservative ideals. I do realize that no one person has all the answers. We are each human and flawed beyond words.

It seems to me that politics is a lot like trying to find a partner in life, all we know at first is how the candidate looks; what they say, and their previous actions ... if those are documented. Beyond that, it's pretty much a day to day thing. Do their actions and words align.

I'm single and on a dating platform so guess we know I've not managed to select and/or keep the right candidate personally!

As for Trump, in my opinion, he did a job most of use could not or would not want to do. Obviously, salary wasn't his motivation. He stated what he wanted to accomplish and why. Then, took steps to do that. From what I saw/experienced from the Piney Woods of East Texas, he seemed to be making some progress in many areas that no longer is present and did so in spite of what appeared to be media directed warfare to destroy him.

We're on a roller coaster and our only chance of controlling the trajectory is to vote using the our best judgement and the information available to us at the time.

To me, if Biden was actually elected by the majority, I'm not sure what fact or reason was used to do so beyond his political affiliation as, from his past "accomplishments", I don't see anything that suggests he was going to be the type of person to lead our nation with strength, stability or honesty. That's just my opinion though ... and hey, we all have those! LOL

Emevol's photo
Mon 04/25/22 09:08 AM
The same happens with men on this and other sites. I have always viewed it as a red flag to ... just say no!

Most likely, the platform we are using has a mechanism for communication until such a time as you feel comfortable or safe enough to exchange numbers.

At least, that's how I see it!