Community > Posts By > captaincliff

captaincliff's photo
Tue 02/24/09 06:25 PM
Well, now u done it!!.....you have FINALLY brought yer salty language and enticing images into my backyard and got me blood pressure up higher than the bloody monster wave in a Perfect Storm. I actually had to get up and take a pill..I only hope it was the right one...That was a real real good one. In return, I got a Moby **** .....Harpoon Pipe for you, courtesy of CaptCliff....It's one of a kind, very delicate, so I better hand deliver it.....

captaincliff's photo
Sat 02/14/09 08:28 PM
I'm pretty sure she is going to need a bigger vacuum with so many bloodstained words (Type A for Alicia/Artist) spewing all over the place...but I also like SSouls image of the dam and the power such words can generate...for so many others who can use the truthfulness to shed light. I know I do.

captaincliff's photo
Thu 02/12/09 08:37 PM
There is nothing like love to bring meaning to the phrase "damned if I do, bereft if i dont"...and Ms Wiz riffs on that bit of blues with the best of them...tears

captaincliff's photo
Sun 02/08/09 11:19 PM
well now...look who jumped ship and has been writin' lyric tales......very nice....keep that flame alive....The crew applauds ye!!drinker :banana: drinks

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/29/09 08:20 AM
Edited by captaincliff on Thu 01/29/09 08:21 AM
Pirate looking oddly out of place in sequined sombrero: Muy caliente. Yo necesito a cold shower. Gracias:tongue:

captaincliff's photo
Sat 01/24/09 11:50 PM
yeah I know..that always happens when I puff myself up in full Manly man stance...must be a prostate thing.....but I still really think LaMom is the best....

captaincliff's photo
Sat 01/24/09 03:54 PM
Edited by captaincliff on Sat 01/24/09 03:55 PM
This is where I man doth tread lightly, that is if he wants to leave with his body and puny ego intact. I/we cannot know what it feels like to have the magic or the machinery to create life. We contribute our seed but we are not the fertile soil, and we can never know what it is like to sustain within us such a sacred space. We can never know what it feels like to give birth, nor can we know what sort of loss it is to no longer have that precious place within. We do know what it is like to be marginalized and talked to by insensitive doctors like we are merely a souless erector set of moving parts/internal organs and heck, "who needs a this or that anyway.."...yeah right...I think of the revolutionary phrase, "rage against the machine"(as well as the rap/metal band)and it suggests the importance of fighting against any system that wants to tell us what matters, tell us how to feel, or take away what we think is meaningful. I also know that this divine being called LaMom gives life to many with her poetry, with her words, with her love and light,and with her nurturing spirit. That cant be taken away, ever. PS If anyone even tries, they gotta go through Captcliff first! (assumes puffed up macho stance and then meekly runs off cuz he needs to pee....)

captaincliff's photo
Fri 01/23/09 08:54 AM
<-----holding Ajax and 409 and looking around... KC? Drago,Atlantis,Sparks, Dirk? anyone? Oh for Christs sake...where's the manly men when u need them to clean up a man sized mess?? Isnt this just a perfect metaphor for the current situation in our country!!! Who cleaned up after Clinton? A testosterone driven leadership that is unwilling to "do the dishes" after an orgy of aggression, shameless ideology, and bare faced lies and deception....all whitewashed through legal maneuvering and verbal manipulation. Hey, somebody call a lawyer!!!! A "stroke" of genius.:banana:

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 08:05 PM
MsWhip would seem to be a fitting moniker for MsWiz when she "is in da mood for a little confrontation...."(Smackwater Jack, credits to Carole King)

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:52 PM
and thank u Holly for using your high level clearance at the Defense Department ("Rick!!!") to access D**k Cheney's proposed Presidential Seal, in the event something happened to Bush, like him hurtling over a precipice on a Segway, choking on a pretzel, or getting accidentally shot on a quail hunt in the Oval office...pitchfork

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 07:44 PM
The Divine MsWiz raises an interesting point. Many of these executive decisions at the highest level were actually formulated at small,aka "secret" meetings chaired by Cheney, and attended by Rumsfeld, Tenet,Bush,and select neocon policy wonks in the Bush administation. True to psychological theories on interpersonal influence and "groupthink"...the white papers and Presidential orders that flowed from these meetings were actually more radical,extreme right wing and lacking in verified intelligence than any one participant could have dreamed up. Hence the term "circle jerk"...As Wiz said, "Who would want to clean up that mess......eeeeeeeewwww!"noway grumble

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 05:10 PM
<----looking around at the other male swabbies, but knowing as Capt, such responsibilities fall in his hands...so to speak.....ummm, er, uhh,...its the thing that made Long John Silver known for being......well....long.:banana: laugh

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 05:05 PM
First of all...i love it. Second of all...is it bad form to offer a different end...not expecting the brilliant Wench to change anything?? (especially since the poem speaks to that directly)....anyway I couldnt help but end it like this:
It may be different from another's Eye
But doubt your Self no more

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 03:56 PM
Edited by captaincliff on Thu 01/22/09 04:00 PM
So essentially, if u happen to be named Richard, and your friends call you d*i*c*k, u are forever saddled with a name online that will require people to use asterisks to disable the HAL like automatic censor which assumes you are some kind of p***s......What a cross to bear...I mean it is a perfect fit for Nixon and Cheney, but what about poor Mr. Attenborough, Mr. Smothers and even Mr. Simmons who merely wants to Dance to the Oldies in those striped shorts? I'm suddenly sad and wanting to find my Deal-A-meal cards....:cry:
Oh also, dont forget there is a shuffleboard tournament on the Poop deck tonite at 9PM...step lively and watch out for the poop.

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 11:05 AM
Edited by captaincliff on Thu 01/22/09 11:06 AM
OMG, did the Mingle editor automatically bleep out the word D--K as in **** Cheney?...On the one hand, I feel like paging Lenny Bruce and George Carlin, on the other,maybe they are more politically astute then I thought!

captaincliff's photo
Thu 01/22/09 11:00 AM
Kim, shoe idea is fabulous...instead of a firing squad....we hold a "Shoe-out"...a stadium full of people holding old shoes and George get to run around the field trying to dodge the hailstorm...priceless! KC, Oy..again with the saltwater! here we all are on the boat and again she's doing the all salt diet...Holly , wasnt there a Star Trek episode about that? a salt monster of some kind? Nice road sign,btw.....Dirk, thanks for the writing complement. Please check your passenger side tires, they may be a tad overinflated.....
Hey everyone....is it just me or did **** Cheney in that wheelchair really remind anyone of Dr. Strangelove??? He really would be typecast for the role, altho he is no Peter Sellers. Also, I dont know if it was just a fantasy or a spiritual experience but I kept thinking Cheney and his wheelchair were going to turn into a puff of black smoke and be carried off to the Underworld screaming by winged harpies with sharp talons. Seeing that live on TV would have been very gratifying and a fitting tribute.....

captaincliff's photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:47 PM
Drago, the bad news is MsWiz got ahold of the ship supply list and ordered all the bathrobes in "rose pink" (whatever that is..I am currently looking through my crayola box for it). I tried to tell her that fluffy sailor spa robes come usually in white or creme but she insisted and mumbled some gibberish about poetic license....Someone give Holly a popsicle that works....KC dont stand there like u always do being laid back and reserved...grab a jib and hoist somethingdrinker Catain's Table? Miss Beasley Burgers?

captaincliff's photo
Wed 01/21/09 09:12 PM
Jeez, how quickly the crew gets demanding and starts to mutiny!laugh noway Used to be I could say "swab the deck" and get to it...now everyone is expecting monogrammed bath robes in their cabins....
Speaking of our little retrospective on the Bush family, i want to make it crystal clear that we are, like that total a-hole Bill O'Reilly, completely "fair and balanced" in our opinions. Yeah right...Doesn't that guy seem like someone whose face is really a life like rubber mold and if he pulled it off he would be some kind of reptilian creature like in Men in Black? Probably sent here to cause chaos and sow seeds of irrational thinking among the mainstream populace....Seems to have worked for a certain segment....I dont want to sound all conspiracy-ish but dont you think Rumsfeld had that same slightly crazed look for awhile before they carted him off to live at the sanitorium with Bob McNamara...? Apparently they play Parker Brothers board games including Candyland and Clue all day and mumble to themselves about "collateral damage". You know, maybe this is stretching the point but I kinda wish President Bush, baby boomer that he is, would have played more board games as a kid and young adult. God knows he wasn't studying much in college. For example, my friends and I played Risk, a game of world domination alot as high school students, and one thing you learn playing that game is that you have to hang onto your resource cards and armies, have some self-control,and basically let everyone else kill each other for fun and/or profit....It really is true. I used to play a very restrained strategy, unlike Bush who basically raided the Treasury and saw nerve gas and nuclear weapons lurking under every mosque and muslim.....I also wish he would have learned how to say "nuclear". It really isnt that hard. He could have practiced in front of the mirror a couple times instead of riding that silly dirt bike all over the place and falling off that Segway like a damn fool. I really believe when he somersaulted over that thing he basically ended the "transportation revolution" that Dean Kamen envisioned....I mean that would have been like Ben Franklin proudly showing off his electricity-kite experiment in Philadephia's town square to a large crowd of skeptical onlookers and promptly being electrocuted. If that had happened, I'd probably be typing this to candlelight! Anyway, these are random thoughts....and at least Barney had some common sense, especially when he bit the crap out of that news reporter who kept messing with him www.rightpundits.com/?p=2337 It was quite obvious the Reuters idiot knew nothing about dogs, and if Cesar Millan was there I am sure he would have calmly rolled up a newspaper and beaten the guy to death.

captaincliff's photo
Wed 01/21/09 03:27 PM
Cliff Notes: My favorite part?
Passions vented
Bodies scented
with our essence …
who would have guessed...

captaincliff's photo
Wed 01/21/09 03:04 PM
Whoa ho!!...we got some famous people coming onboard the HMS Bush for its farewell sail(retreat?) down to the Crawford Ranch. Ms Wiz, always a true artist/poet, offering the ultimate fuel efficient hand gesture to the Bush party, a zero carbon fickle finger. About the broken toilet and the obvious overflow occuring at my house just as the helicopter took off bearing Barny and friends.... coincidence? i thinketh not.....slaphead Sweet hellos to Holly..a partner in popsicles and a recovering Catholic...I respect her wisdom, wit, and she does a mean impression(with music)of Capt Kirk's fight to the death with Spock in Amok Time. Hmm...maybe that would have been a less expensive, more efficient way to elect a President, or at least to get rid of the old one....no need for Secret Service, turn the Library into an art studio and basketball court.........For spiritual support and all around good vibes I welcome LAMom...she loves my inner child....may have to have her call my mother and try to convince all the Twinkie wrappers and popsicle sticks I dropped on the floor watching TV were not a mortal sin or "federal case".......

Previous 1 3 4