isn't chlorine a spermicide?

if it burns your eyes surely it'll kill those little wigglers

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 06:27 PM
I like how weman say "men should do this and do that" to be attractive

but then they say "he'll just have to accept me as I am"

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 04:14 PM

Take away all randomness and demand precisely logical cause and effect determinism, and free will has no place left to go but down the toilet.

Amen to that James.

quantum stuff scares me. it means there ARE no rules

Quiet,

Nope, that's not what it means. Just because we don't understand or accept the 'rules' does not mean their are none.

ummmmm actually that is EXACTLY what it means

it means there is a discrete measurable probability that you can walk through a wall after enough attempts

the cat really isn't in the the box while at the same time it really is

just thinking about observing an atomic particle changes its behavior

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 04:11 PM

I love Arizona green tea with ginsing and honey, Im never ever seen without a tall can of it in my hand.

ummmmmmmmm...

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 04:09 PM
monte carlo works better than intuition

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 04:06 PM

while I can appreciate the statement, I think there is a lot to be learned by sitting "around campfires" and having good conversations about the various ways people think,

and smores

let's make smores and have groundless stoner conversations

the only "groundless" opinions are those that flout or deny natural law and proven science

just because someone is full of shite doesn't mean they are groundless

what does this mean that I am full of shite because I like to sit around the campfire and have discussions?

haha no silly

you just made me want to make smores

the rest applies to other groundless opinions

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 04:03 PM
not really

it would be okay if it came without lemon

I don't like lemon in my tea

and it's not sweet enough

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:56 PM
I say love is like sand

if you clench it in your fist, the tighter you squeeze, the more that dribbles away

but if you hold out your hand and lightly cup it, you can hold lots of sand

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:53 PM
and no pirate pictures

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:49 PM
eggplant parmesan for papersmile

and a little red

and a little more red

and then

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:42 PM
Edited by quiet_2008 on Sun 07/19/09 03:43 PM

so here it is theres this girl i like....she now knows i like her...we get along great and always flirt...she is however (according to my female friend whos know her ages) a bit of a tease....now the same friend is convinced shes messing with me but i know that she hasnt asked her how she feels straight out...so heres the thing ive not spoken to the girl for a while now...since i told her i liked her really other than a couple of superficial texts, when i told her she said 'never know something myt happen' ao i guess my question really is is she interested and waiting for me to make a solid move...or am i being played? any help appreciated

you never know

something myt happen

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:39 PM
Edited by quiet_2008 on Sun 07/19/09 03:39 PM
while I can appreciate the statement, I think there is a lot to be learned by sitting "around campfires" and having good conversations about the various ways people think,

and smores

let's make smores and have groundless stoner conversations

the only "groundless" opinions are those that flout or deny natural law and proven science

just because someone is full of shite doesn't mean they are groundless

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:32 PM
Edited by quiet_2008 on Sun 07/19/09 03:32 PM
Loose the hats. Unless it is part of a costume.

Guys, long hair is great, but please brush it before taking a photo. And get the ends trimmed so it doesn't look scraggly.

awwwwwwwwww crap

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:29 PM

<-----H-Town!! :tongue:

Hillsboro?

Hico?

Huntsville?

Harlingen?

Hondo?

Haltom City?

Hurst?

Hereford?

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:17 PM
Edited by quiet_2008 on Sun 07/19/09 03:19 PM

in my opinion, this is the single most important sentence in this thread:

Mental visualizations are only representative insofar as the behavior's are parallel.

For example, light is not a wave, light is not a particle, light is light.

Couldn't light be a particle that is merely showing that a wave has passed it?

ummmm no

to make a photon you have to bump an electron from its normal energy level (with more energy) to a higher level, and as the electron falls back to it's original level the excess energy is shed as a photon whose wavelength is a function of the energy level

fer instance, to make a material lase you have to bump enough electrons to higher energy levels to get a "population inversion" where more electrons are at higher levels than are at normal levels and then you have have to have mirrors to focus the resulting photons back into the lasing material to bump more electrons and maintain the reaction.

photons are particles but they exhibit wave behavior

no photo
Sun 07/19/09 03:10 PM
the really cool thing is the effect of virtual particles

take the thin slit experiment

shoot a beam of photons through a set of thin slits and the resulting constructive and destructive interference will create a diffraction pattern like this,

or another example

BUT if you shoot a single photon through the slit one at a time you should just get a reproduction pattern of the slit.

but nooooooo...

you get the SAME pattern from a single photon. The potential photons are STILL interfering with each other

quantum stuff scares me. it means there ARE no rules

no photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:59 AM
you'll have to tell him hi for me and we miss him

mornin fife

I'm off for Florida in about ten minutes. just waiting on my ride

oh crap I have to go over to bom and say bye to Sharon. haha I forgot her and left her waiting

smoochers to both of ya's

no photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:54 AM
two of the only three Scots I know are up both of em cuties (yeah fifer you too)

where is dave anyway, venus?

no photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:50 AM
hahahaha

I just read a study that said women were 10% better at pounding a nail than men. meaning that they hit the target overall 10% of the time more than men

BUT men were 20% better at pounding the nail in the dark (whoever nails in the dark?)

no photo
Wed 07/01/09 01:46 AM
pounding anything alone doesn't sound good

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25