Community > Posts By > sgtpepper

sgtpepper's photo
Tue 01/20/09 04:27 PM
For me I had no such luck... My dad is a preacher and my mom is jesus freak so they kept this all away from me by tossing me in private schools..

It seems I am going to have a lot of ground to cover just to catch up to you guys,, I hope my lack of knowledge in this field doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.. I'm just trying to lift the veil of disinformation left over from my childhood.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 05:57 PM

I figured this would be a more interesting thread.

laugh Sorry to disappoint laugh

I'll try to do better next time.

No worries.. Usually when someone like me says something rude like that the thread seem to come alive.. just doing my part.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 05:52 PM
I figured this would be a more interesting thread.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 05:52 AM

bigsmile If there was a amazingly ugly person with a horrible personality and a friend was trying to get with them,would you try to stop your friend? bigsmile

amazingly ugly?? sounds a little contradictory to me... If such a thing exists I guess I would let my friend do what it is they wanted to do just to see the offspring.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 02:56 AM
they they they.... sigh.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 02:38 AM

bigsmile Does your star sign really matter in a relationship?bigsmile

Think most of it is power of suggestion and people useing it to just get the popular assigned profile and making a self fullfilling prediction. .

damn straight.. drinks

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 02:36 AM

:smile: Do you think that people who have cheated once or more in their past will always cheat?:smile:

More than likely yes, but there will always be exceptions to the rules I guess.. (or the smooth get smoother.. Your call)

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 02:32 AM

bigsmile Does your star sign really matter in a relationship?bigsmile

I am not as versed in astronomy as my roommate by any means so here is a layman's of saying what he told me.. The sun rises and sets differently on our present days then in the past.. Thus making your "true" birth sign different then what you currently believe yourself to be..

Personally I have always been an advocate for dropping the -ology in astrology.. Astroguesstimation sounds more fitting to me.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 02:09 AM

I have 5000 CDs.

thank you for sharing.. I'm gonna give everything a quick once over and then probably fall asleep to whatever sticks the most.. Thanks again.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 02:00 AM

Been there done that.. I'm looking for something challenging.. Somebody tell *me* to figure something out.

Um, lemme see, you could find a cure for cancer. I hear that the cure has proven to be an elusive lil' thing. So, that seems like it would be challenging.

Or, you could invent something. Like, for instance, a new use for those handy, dandy surgical gloves I've seen. That might prove challenging but surely not as challenging as finding the cure for cancer...lol.

A cure for cancer would be great, but I am afraid I don't have the necessary resources for such a feat.. Music is good.. for now..

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:57 AM

Here's a unique idea, pick up a book and read it!

I completed about 4 hours of homework today so my eyes have been torn to ****... Any music suggestions?
...jane jenson?

I can dig this.. soothing.. And she aint half bad to look at either. ;)

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:51 AM

Here's a unique idea, pick up a book and read it!

I completed about 4 hours of homework today so my eyes have been torn to ****... Any music suggestions?

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:45 AM

Why is there never anything to do?

I always have something to do. So do you.

You aren't gonna say pray are you? That's what my mom would always say.. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop...."

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:43 AM
Edited by sgtpepper on Mon 01/19/09 01:44 AM
Been there done that.. I'm looking for something challenging.. Somebody tell *me* to figure something out.

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:36 AM
Why is there never anything to do?

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 01:17 AM

grammar is alright. spelling, howeva, is overrated.

haha.. I figured you were kidding, and I can completely understand where you are coming from..

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:30 AM

music sux n it is unnecessary

How do you feel about grammar?

sgtpepper's photo
Mon 01/19/09 12:28 AM
Edited by sgtpepper on Mon 01/19/09 12:29 AM

I am a composer, music education student, and music teacher. I read about music and study all sorts of things involved. I am wondering what all of you define music as?

Define Music
is it art?
is it entertainment?
is it an extention of oneself?
is it a representation of ones surroundings?
is it a product of nature?

etc...

Music is indeed all of these things.. It is also whatever you want/need it to be.. As a musician I have written some things that may "sound" like complete garbage to other people but at that moment of creation/mutation (depending on how you see it) it may "feel" completely right.

Like all things, music is constantly evolving and stretching in order to satisfy the creators as well as the listeners musical "appetite". It is the difference of opinion where I find most of my enjoyment.

sgtpepper's photo
Sun 01/18/09 11:50 PM
I'm sorry Joe. You lost me.. Could you please reiterate?

sgtpepper's photo
Sun 01/18/09 10:49 PM
So I guess old news is no news? You seem pretty confident that this is common knowledge, but I must disagree.. To most people the thought of intentionally shaping the skull does not immediately come to mind.. There are a significant number of youtube videos, blogs, etc that still chalk this up to some sort of alien interaction..

I for one am quite new to this explanation and am putting together a few thoughts on the matter.. If you happen to know anything with more detail as to the possible origin of this practice I would be happy to hear about it.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8