Community > Posts By > slyskyfly

slyskyfly's photo
Sat 07/08/17 12:32 AM
Now in Lethbridge.

slyskyfly's photo
Tue 10/22/13 10:47 PM
that was ..... wow, can't come up wit anything. that good.

slyskyfly's photo
Tue 10/22/13 10:42 PM
I'm in Calgary

slyskyfly's photo
Tue 10/22/13 10:40 PM
Here is a story that I wrote up a about 5 years back, I know there is still more I can do with the ending and might work on it but for now I hope you all enjoy it.

It was a warm autumn day in 1996 when Shane’s sister Tamer pulled him aside after school to ask him a question that sent him for a real loop “How would you like to go out with a friend of mine, I know I’m crazy.” She says. Shane then gets a confused on his face, “Ok who are and what did you do with my sister.” He asks himself. “Ok who is she and what is her name?” He asks her with suspicion because Tamer has been known to throw Shane off course. Just when Tamer was about to say who it was he hears a girl voice was coming up the hill calling out to Tamer, “Is this him?” says the young woman as if Shane wasn’t there. “Yes, he is the one that I was talking about, Shane this is Tiffany, Tiffany this is Shane.” Without hesitation Shane pulls Tamer away for Tiffany’s hearing, “Why are you doing this and how old is she looks quite young to me.” In a quiet yet aggressive tone hoping to get a confession from her. Tamer just chuckles “I know that you’ve been wanting a girlfriend for sometime now and also she has been watching you and she as been wanting to ask you out but doesn’t have the guts or nerve to ask you so she asked me to try to set the two of you up.” Just then Shane’s eye widened and started to chuckle under his breath “Do you really think that I’m that gullible to fall for something like this, no thank you and if she wants to ask me out let her just give her the motivation then I may give my answer.” Shane then turns and starts making his way back home, “agggh what was I thinking, that was my chance and I blow it” he mutters to himself.
The weekend comes around and Shane is taking it easy doing some house work, he then hears the doorbell ring “I got that!” Tamer shouts. Just as Shane turns on his Nintendo system to play some Mario Brothers Tamer comes down the stairs and just thinks it’s one of her friends, “Someone is here to see you and wants to ask some questions.” Shane was puzzled that someone would come over to see him let alone ask him some questions but what questions where they going to ask him. “Tell them I’ll be up there in a minute.” He then hears chuckling behind him and sees Tiffany, upon seeing her he almost turns ghostly white. “Are you ok Shane, you look like you saw a ghost.” Tiffany as him directly, Shane then shakes his head to take a second look. “Are you here to see Tamer or me?” he asks directly to her as well, she then chuckles than starts to blush and he noticed this and started to blush himself with a small grin on his face. “I take by the way you are blushing your answer is to see me.” He says in a slightly cocky way. Tamer then starts heading off to her bedroom, “I’ll give you lovers some space.” And winks at us then turns and heads off. After spending nearly two hours alone with Tamer, she decides it was time to head home and just then Tamer comes out her room, “So did you two of you have fun, and did you kiss?” She asks in a cocky tone. Shane then turns around and just glares at her and Tiffany's face goes red with embarrassment. “That is none of your business if we kissed or not.” The three of them made there way up the stairs to send Tiffany on her way but Tamer went up the stairs and grabbed Tiffany’s jacket, “I’m not giving the jacket until I see the two of you kiss.” Tamer was snickering under her breath but Shane and Tiffany decided to kiss anyway or else Tiffany wouldn’t be getting her jacket back for some time. After that day the couple where going to school together on a regular basis until mid February when she moved out to Ontario where her father was and Shane was heart broken and didn’t take it very well and wasn’t doing very well in school ether and things at home where getting worse.
After a year of hardship at home Shane decided to move out and live with his grandma that was in a city. Almost 4 months had passed after moving to the city Shane is now back in school and doing better, “Agggh what a day at school it was.” Shane had to say right when he walked in. “Oh I got a phone call today from a girl named Tiffany looking for you do you know who she is?” Shane’s grandma asked right away, a puzzling look came on to his face right away. “Yea in fact I know two of them the one here in the trailer park and the other is out in Ontario.” With that said she handed him a peace of paper with the phone number and recognized it right away and tears started to roll down his cheeks. “What is wrong you know her?” she asks right away, and he just sat down at the table and just looks at the paper, “She has comeback and I can’t see her.” He mutters to himself so his grandma hear him. Later that night Shane decided to call her only to find out that she came back a month after he had left his parents and that they wouldn't say where he was. Not long after talking to Tiffany, Shane winds up in jail and only a month after he is in was he able to get a hold of her. He had found out that she had moved in with her aunt in the city and yet aging wasn’t able to see her and it was eating away at him, then only a month before his release she goes back to the small town where they first met.
Almost a year after getting out the two finally get to spend some time together after moving back in with her aunt. Then one day she comes over to his house, the two are having a lovely dinner when she noticed something was wrong with him that day, “What’s wrong you look a little twitchy.” Shane got up walked to the window and started to stair outside then turned to her, “Do your remember when we first met and the first movie we saw?” Shane had asked her. “But of course I do how can I forget even after so long.” He then turned around aging but this time to take a small blue box out of his pocket and then gets on one knee, “Tiffany will you do the honour and take me as your husband?” and he pops open the box with the ring and she was just in shock from the sudden question, but it took her some time to respond. “Yes I would very much so love.” He then take the ring and slides it on to her finger, and at that same time tears are rolling down her face in joy. “Wow I can’t believe that I got the right size ring.” Shane says, and then the two go in to his room to relax and the two of them wind up falling asleep on his bead.
Nearly two months latter Shane goes to call Tiffany to sweet talk her but he finds out that she had moved up north to a larger city, and his heart was broken again cause she had left him without saying good bye.
Two years latter Shane is now moved to Ontario, he was typing away on the computer and sees that she is on a website that he visits and gets back into contact with her, after about 4 months of small talk between the two of them Shane decides to get her phone number and calls her. “Hi is Tiffany there?” says Shane in an uneasy and nervous way not sure what to say. “It me babe, how is it going haven’t heard your voice in a very long time” She says right off the bat. Shane just chuckles over the response, “yes it has been, so what’s going on with you anything new in your life since we last really talked?” he asks with ease. She sighs with news that will blow him out of the water, “well lets see I got married, had two kids, got divorced, visited family up north, found out the my ex got into my place and took everything.” She said. Shane couldn’t believe that someone would steep that low. “I have an interesting question for you, do you still have the ring I gave you?” he asked in a concerned way. And there was a silence there for a sec, “well I did for the longest time but it was in the house when all of my other stuff was taken so I don’t have it anymore no but I did have it before then,” Shane’s heart had just sunk at that moment and was speechless for a while learning that she had the ring all this time. After talking to her for hours on hours for several more months he decides to move out to Alberta and starts getting stuff ready for the fly back to his home roots.
After arriving at the Airport he goes looking around and gets a tap on his shoulder and turns around and sees her. “Tiffany!!!” Shane shouts out loud without a care in the world and gives her the biggest hug that has ever given. The two of them make there way back to her place and take it easy with the kids, after about six months of living together Shane re-proposes to her and again she says yes. The wedding takes place at one of the nice parks and Shane's best friend just happened to be his best man and his wife becomes the matron of honor. Some time after the lovely couple get married they go on a trip to see there new best friends south of the city and go for a special dinner at the Keg, it wasn't long before the food came out that she wanted to make announcement, "James, Kat and Shane you all have loved me for so long and have opened your hearts to me and my children but I want to share something important with you all for the first time." With curiosity all three of them had a look on there faces, than Shane's eyes widen realizing what she was about to tell them. Tiffany takes a deep breath, "I am Pregnant, about 4 months along." All three of there jaws dropped in excitement, but seconds latter what seemed like minutes to Shane, tiers start rolling down his cheeks in joy for he was now going to be a father.

The End