Community > Posts By > Douglas

Douglas's photo
Wed 09/20/23 07:45 AM
When two people quarrel. Do you know what is the best way to deal with it?

Useful phrases to use when you suddenly realise you are quarrelling with a loved one:
"Are we making any improvement in our lives by this quarrel, or should I just kiss you?"
"Do we want to be yelling at one another or shall we just take turns being civil?" (A pen and paper helps, so you write down as your partner speaks, rather than interrupt them.)
"Is this what we're really yelling about, or are we both just overly stressed in our lives?"
"How about I give you a massage as we talk this over?" (Unless you're the physically violent type, this works great, as it's hard to be angry with someone you are giving or getting a massage from.)
"Pistols at dawn?" (Smile. Smile, for god's sake: it's a joke!)
"Is it your turn to give in, or mine?"

Douglas's photo
Wed 05/24/23 06:02 PM
118 million albums sold worldwide. She won't be forgotten any time soon.

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/19/23 04:44 PM
Nope nobody's out there. They're all indoors tapping away at dating sites wondering who nobody is out there.

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/19/23 04:40 PM
Sometimes they get interested in another guy. They want to give him their attention so they stop talking with you. They don't know the other guy will work out, so they want to keep you in reserve and think the best way is to say nothing to you.

There's something about you (e.g. a child) they hadn't thought through initially but after a time, decide they don't want to be involved. They don't want to admit it/ hurt your feelings so think it best just to say nothing.

It's annoying and frustrating and tends to the "hi how r u" culture that turns me right off.

Douglas's photo
Mon 05/01/23 12:09 PM
The chicken soup I made turned out to be edible.

Does the ice-cream come by email? I could give the internet address of my freezer...

Douglas's photo
Mon 05/01/23 12:06 PM
Perfect eyesight so I don't have to change glasses just to look at my phone.

Douglas's photo
Tue 04/25/23 05:02 PM
There is another thread, "destiny v fate", where the discussion has turned to order and chaos, too. :wink:

Douglas's photo
Tue 04/25/23 04:34 AM
I think it was Einstein who said that if we could take a snapshot of the universe and record the movement and mass of every element in it, the entire future movement of all elements for all time could be theoretically calculated. This theory has a large following among physicists and mathematicians.

If that is accurate, then there is nothing that is not already predetermined. What we mistake for free will and or decisions to do one thing or another, could be theoretically computed before we even lived. Millions of years ago, even.

Of course, it doesn't FEEL like I'm just some predetermined instance of nebulous matter whose life was always known in advance. But I suppose that's the point: it was already determined by the momentum of atoms billions of years ago that I would exist and would have such feelings.

So does it matter what I do? And if I decide that it does - that my destiny is in my own hands - was even that decision inevitable?

Douglas's photo
Mon 04/24/23 04:20 PM
Not good! Definitely need a write up. What you have just doesn't cut it. Write about yourself and maybe the person you hope to find. Net surfing is not a profession. Profile needs a lot of work.

Agreed. And while the line you have might raise a knowing smile among the programming literate, it will look like daft text-speak, at best, to anyone else. If you want matches outside of programming, I suggest dropping it or at least making it into algebra with a single = and no ;

Douglas's photo
Mon 04/24/23 04:13 PM
Welcome.

Douglas's photo
Mon 04/24/23 04:05 PM
... online translation services. Using one of those will give you the correct spelling of a full word, where capitals belong and possibly even get commas and full stops in the right place.

(Sorry, my fat fingers accidentally touched send Post halfway through.)

Seriously, I found your profile almost impossible to understand. It doesn't have to be in perfect English (though with free spelling, free grammar and free translation available: why not?) but it does need to be readable.

Best wishes.

Douglas's photo
Mon 04/24/23 03:59 PM
If you are going to write in English, it should be English (or American, acceptable in USA and it's satellites).

If English isn't your first language, there are plenty of free online translation s

Douglas's photo
Mon 04/24/23 11:35 AM
Hi Jennifer. Welcome to chaos!

Best wishes.

Douglas's photo
Sat 04/22/23 04:50 AM
If your email address is lazarus102@... then it's understandable maybe. Otherwise, it's just a fishing scam. The kind of coincidence that makes people think it's real.

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/21/23 02:54 AM
Most people contacting you don't bother to read a profile. Some of them are fed up with writing to inactive people, and will wait to hear back before opening up. That first approach is indistinguishable from scammers, Their profile and second contact will tell you whether to block and move on or whether you have a genuine interest.

Douglas's photo
Fri 04/21/23 02:40 AM
Would you be interested in a woman who had a profile like that? Given that you DEMAND that people read your profile the least you should do is give someone a reason to read it.

Most scammers run a numbers game and don't care or look at your words (even if they can read English well enough). Clever scammers will USE your distaste of scammers to get around your defences.

A scammer will have a profile that says little about them .. like yours currently does. Some scammers will make it appear they have written something by asking scammers to keep away .. like yours does. If I see a woman's profile like that, I delete, possibly block, and move on.

Douglas's photo
Thu 04/20/23 05:38 AM
1. The alternative means you have to stay home and wash your mom's underwear.
2. You're starting to get calluses on your palms.
3. All the stab holes on your back healed up.

1. It would mean you have to actually put down the game controller and go outside.
2. Your phone battery is so bad it only stays charged for 10 minutes.
3. You already watch TV shows that have people dating so why not stay home and watch those instead?

:laughing: You cynic, Tom! 🤣

Douglas's photo
Thu 04/20/23 04:45 AM
Amazing how men jump to the defense of another man, even if it's an unpleasant piece of work.
My posting is a simple observation, and nothing of what you say. Playing the "feminist card" is very obsolete and childish.
When I first got on here 10 yrs ago it quickly became clear how much the US is behind when it comes to normal equality. What US men post about women is often very disrespectful yet US women's reactions always make clear they're used to that kind of treatment from men.
Time you people wake up and get with the times.
I've not come across this kind of thinking and talking ever in my life as over here it's obsolete and not normal.
If you have a problem with a normal observation and have a knee-jerk reaction to that then it might be good to take time to think about it. Why do you have an issue with women being equals and treated as such?
And please keep your 'feminist' card tucked away. Very childish. It's like cussing. People do that too when they feel powerless.

Oh dear. I'm not going to try dealing with all your inaccuracies and issues. I'll just assume you're having a bad day that stops you being understanding and empathetic.

Have a good day, Crystal.

Douglas's photo
Thu 04/20/23 01:53 AM
You obviously have no idea what is meant by "real man" but your post makes it very clear you aren't one.
It conveys you're angry, hateful, bitter, and think it's totally okay to knock women.
That's what's called a toxic man.

That's rather overly critical and insulting.

He isn't knocking women at all. There's no need for that kind of divisive feminist propaganda on a sight aimed to bring men and women together.

Remarking on the common "I want a real man" (or "be a real man", etc.) statement is commentary on that kind of thinking, in this case comparing it to the common Western anomaly where it is often said by those who disguise who they really are.

Phrases like "real man" - just as the rarely heard "real woman" - are unhelpful anyway and there is no fixed definition of what it means. Any genuine male can say he's a real man, just as any genuine woman is entitled to say she is a real woman. If a woman wants specific traits, it would be far more useful if she used her (stereotypically superior) communication skills to say what she means.

Douglas's photo
Tue 04/18/23 03:53 PM
Not terribly attractive words, I would think. There are many types of women, so who knows.. Although it is headed 'About me' it helps to include in your text something about who you are looking for.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17