Community > Posts By > Douglas

Douglas's photo
Mon 05/30/22 12:34 PM

I find it strange that I already have 19 matches but no one has viewed my profile within the last 30 days. I joined 4 days ago.

I don't know about the app but on the web interface, you can go through seeing people's photos and partial profile and saying yes or no on them.

They never get registered as going to your profile.

Douglas's photo
Mon 05/30/22 05:54 AM
You need to add text.

A paragraph or more about who you are, what makes you distinct from the millions of other women otherwise like you.
Another paragraph or more about the person you are looking for.
Perhaps a paragraph about the sort of relationship(s) you are wanting to build, a vision of the future.

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/29/22 09:38 AM
To attract a partner, I like to show that I am cultured.
So I use this quote from Shakespeare’s Hamlet, Act III, Scene IV, line 82:

“Hello.”

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/29/22 09:16 AM
You'll get used to them. If you are sure they are scammers (such as the ones who just send you a link to a sex site) report them because they will be removed from the site.

After a time, it seems to quieten down. I think that is partially because a newbie is a target and partly because you get to realise the signs of a scammer profile (gorgeous picture; little to say for herself on her profile, if anything; responds to a question with some dumb **** about nothing..).

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/29/22 09:08 AM

First thing I would suggest is taking your contact info off your profile that is what emails are for..

If not enjoy all the scammer emails..

I second that, and add that it makes you come across as a scammer yourself.

Try to find a more accurate description that saying you want "a serious relationship". I've talked with people who want a serious one-night stand with someone they relate to, and once met a woman whose idea of a serious relationship was that she would not hold my hand unless we were married. So, what do YOU really mean by it?

If you have any restrictions on age, height, race, weight, religion, etc. for a woman who would match, add that in. Coming across that you're interested in anyone so long as they are female – even if true – makes you sound desperate.

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/29/22 09:00 AM

It's not a matter of whether or not to wear a mask, but a matter of trying to get hold of the superior quality type and wear that only when in any crowd of people.

Another huge part of the issue with masks is the handling of them. So many people will move a mask up and down their face, or take if off and put it back on, or touch it while scratching. This often makes having a mask worse than not having one at all, regardless of quality.

Another observation concerns the unexpectedly large number of people who choose not to get vaccinated.

You're talking about the experimental substances that have required changes in the definition of what a vaccine is, to be described as such, yes? Those substances that don't actually vaccinate?

Presumably these people go to the doctor if they are not well and presumably they willingly take the prescribed medicine without any worries about the chemical makeup. So why this concern about the Covid vaccine? I'm pleased to say I've had all three vaccines appropriate for my age (friends over 75 have had four) and I am completely safe. To the best of my knowledge I don't have mind controlling drugs or micro chips inserted into me!!!

But what you do have is a higher chance of damaged internal organs, with unknown and unknowable long-term side effects effects, no greater protection from Covid than those who didn't take the substances, and an ever greater chance of dying with every shot you take.

Oh, and no protection for other people since you can still carry and transmit the virus even with one of these 'vaccines' in you. No, you are not completely safe. You have been deluded.

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/29/22 08:38 AM

only the real ones pls

Newsflash: most scammers will never read the forums. Asking scammers not to contact you is like asking liars not to lie to you; all you do is reveal your vulnerability.

Instead, draw up boundaries, report those who contact you with scams, block those you aren't sure about and move on.

In my experience, it gets better as you stick around. Partly because you learn how to deal with them and partly, I suspect, because you are then no longer the naive newbie that makes you such a clear target.

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/29/22 08:34 AM

Been here 3 weeks ALL FAKES, SCAMMER, GAMERS! DON'T SUBSCRIBE HERE!! Waste of time/money. Im cancelling

Says the man with photos and text that attracts scammers and will repel most everyone else.

Yep: you are looking for scammers, and you found them.

Douglas's photo
Sun 05/29/22 03:33 AM
Overall, good.
Saying you have a big heart for the wrong people is a good way to attract abusers. I suggest you remove that part.
Perhaps say something about the kind of man you seek, unless you are not discerning.

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/28/22 10:29 PM
You need to get some text down. Who are you and who are you looking to connect with..

Douglas's photo
Sat 05/28/22 08:26 AM

Love or sex

Both.

The love I want with a woman will be sexual love, otherwise I could be looking for a man to love, or be happy with the love I have for my children.

Sex with a woman can be entertaining and fun without much emotion but I've never been very good at that. For me, I can't just enjoy sex for long without involving my emotions.

I don't want a sexless love. I don't want sex with a woman I can't love, or at least care for and have a positive emotional connection with.

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/27/22 03:20 PM
My typing is perfect but sometimes the letters on the keyboard randomly switch themselves around.

Douglas's photo
Fri 05/27/22 03:02 PM
I recently borrowed the original text of Frankenstein's Monster, as much out of interest to see what is the real story that Mary Shelley wrote, compared to all the spin-offs it created.

Douglas's photo
Thu 05/26/22 10:24 AM
Edited by Douglas on Thu 05/26/22 10:24 AM
Nope. Just four cars, on a winding country road. The car at the front had stopped because someone coming around the corner the other way had over-shot the corner, driven up the hedgerow and trees on the side of the road, then driven UPSIDE DOWN for several feet/metres on the bottom of tree boughs before the car fell to the road on its top.

HYE travelled a long way (at least a few hours) to meet a potential partner, only to feel in the first five minutes that they weren't right?

Douglas's photo
Thu 05/26/22 07:19 AM
a cigar clipper

Douglas's photo
Wed 05/25/22 02:41 PM
Merry, Bonnie, Slim Gym

Douglas's photo
Wed 05/25/22 04:54 AM
At least you've filled out your personal details, which makes you different from nine out of ten of the other profiles.

But you have not said anything about your interests, who you are or what you are looking at.

When you do put something about yourself, don't talk about your ex so much. (Do you want to know all about a girl's ex the first time you meet her? Really?)

(If you find you have nothing to write about yourself, don't panic but you probably are not in the best position to get involved with someone else. Get a life as a single man first, fulfil yourself as an individual and then look for someone to get involved with.)

Douglas's photo
Wed 05/25/22 04:47 AM
Scammer magnet!

Douglas's photo
Wed 05/25/22 04:46 AM
Yeah, they're going to flock to you. After all, they can all see from what you've written that you are a unique and interesting individual, so different from the other 10,000 men logging on here today.

shades

Douglas's photo
Wed 05/25/22 04:38 AM
superglue