Community > Posts By > nkntr2a

nkntr2a's photo
Thu 08/29/13 11:25 PM
No, but its not that bad. I enjoy work and hobbies, and friends. In a way, life is so much more simple like this. Still, I remember what it was like to love and to be loved. I can't say that I don't miss it, but I'm not really all that interested in the labor involved in getting it back.

nkntr2a's photo
Tue 08/27/13 11:22 PM
And finally, here's me standing in the winner's circle at the Talledega Speedway in Alabama on the same run.

nkntr2a's photo
Tue 08/27/13 11:20 PM
Tail of the dragon was a blast. Here is the signage at the end of the run.

nkntr2a's photo
Tue 08/27/13 11:19 PM
This is last year's run to the Smokey Mountains near the tail of the dragon

nkntr2a's photo
Tue 08/27/13 11:08 PM
This is in the redwoods on the Avenue of the Giants. Notice on the bottom of the frame is a tiny object. That is a car. That gives you an idea of just how big these trees are.

nkntr2a's photo
Tue 08/27/13 11:06 PM
Here is one of the very cool places I was at in Northern California between Redmond, CA and Reno NV on highway 299

nkntr2a's photo
Tue 08/27/13 11:01 PM
Here is my machine on my trip in Northern Cali

nkntr2a's photo
Thu 08/22/13 09:53 AM
Edited by nkntr2a on Thu 08/22/13 10:11 AM
Here's me

nkntr2a's photo
Wed 08/21/13 10:52 PM
I really love me the occasional cigar and scotch (neat with a couple drops of water to open it up) on the back porch as the sun goes down. It helps me relax, and I guess to me is the only form of real pampered self-indulgement that I want.

What is the general consensus on cigars?

1. Loves you a good spicy cigar with tons of flavor, especially when paired with a good Islay or Lowland Scotch.

2. A nice mild cigar isn't too bad every once in a while, especially with a nice, tannin-rich red wine like a Malbec

3. I can tolerate them, but would never want to smoke one.

4. I'd rather not be around them, but understand why you would want to, and could put up with that

5. Disgusting, smelly, headache inducing foulness. I would never want to be around anyone who would do that.

Y'all weigh in

nkntr2a's photo
Wed 08/21/13 02:31 PM
Yeah, it is an addiction. I don't know of a place where you can get to know yourself better than on the back of a bike in the wind, riding among the wondrous creations on the long, winding way. It's peace, adventure, beauty, man versus elements, man versus self. It's knowing you are following some of the same trails on a steel horse that cowboys long ago rode along. It's seeing the grey curtain of an encroaching rain storm two hundred yards to the left -- gettting closer with every second. With a crooked little grin, you crank down on the throttle, and the fire in your engine and the determination written on your brow rockets you over blacktop racing to the sunlit break in the clouds miles ahead. It's getting off the bike after twelve hours of heat, wind, and vibration, feeling every muscle sing out in protest, feeling your hands tingle with the memory of gripped handlebars. And when you step through those doors, sit, order a beer, and taste that first cool sip dance along your tongue and down your dusty throat, you remember why you love this so much.

And in the night, when you lay your head on your pillow, its the peace to know that tomorrow, you get to do it all over again.

nkntr2a's photo
Wed 08/21/13 11:21 AM
Earlier this summer, I planned a long ride in conjunction with work business trip that has to be one of the best rides I ever went on. From Texas to the Arizona--Flagstaff/Prescott area to Los Angeles, north through San Francisco and then up through the redwoods to Eureka. From there through Nevada to Salt Lake City, and south through Moab back to Texas. Does anybody else enjoy touring and seeing the sights?

nkntr2a's photo
Sat 08/17/13 10:40 PM
A human is, for the most part, 90% animal, 10% person. Those of us who do perform some degree of introspection sometimes find ourselves seeing someone who at first glance "doesn't look attractive". For me, extreme embarrassment follows when I learn later on after meeting said person that in reality, they are very attractive. I hate it, and I try my best not to do it, but if I am not actively paying attention, I still do. Shameful, but true.