Community > Posts By > sail2awe

sail2awe's photo
Wed 01/06/10 12:20 PM
Edited by sail2awe on Wed 01/06/10 12:30 PM
LOL ReadyF0rM0re,

2 Hilarious - I have it on good authority (very good), that even the reason 2000 (recall 2k was a "new" OS, lol) and xp is closed source, is because it is simply Linux without the cool kernel algorithms (that's why it frags out), and if they let the code out, then their patents are waste...of course they are going to have problems with 7 and such...

And if anyone is concerned with security, just look who windows hired to help them secure their OS - Type into Google: NSA and Windows 7 security, LOL.

Of course Vista (recall Vista was a "new" OS) is not good, and 7 (recall 7 was a "new" OS)is even more not good. If anyone wants it to look pretty and function, then Linux has some decent options, even now though, the gov. is deep into the Linux distros - it's sad you know.

Here is a pretty good one, but no escaping the big brother factor (haaa hmmm, I mean, not being able to be the only one using your pc factor), unless your way Wiley Deep Anti-Hacker...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11007940 (comparable with others costing twice the price)

sail2awe's photo
Mon 01/04/10 09:12 AM
what do you mean by 'freezes', how much ram memory does it have, how fast is it, how much free disk space is available?

have you removed all programs you no longer use?

which antivirus are you running?

which firewall are you running?

does the pc freeze when doing specific things or does it seem random?

how many running process are there?

which operating system are you running?

let me know and we can make it stop,

Sail

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:27 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/28/09 11:30 AM
It's a scam, period ! If someone needs to verify that you are you, all you need do is show up.

It could be fun though, or, at least educational, to verify where that website ip address resides, not that that matters so much, but normally people in, say, Nigeria, don't purchase server accounts in the US.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/28/09 11:04 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/28/09 11:10 AM

Christ Himself was very much against religion, and when we look at the word spiritual, well, it's not that great for man to be so; let's look at the first occurrence in Scripture, as The Lord does not throw us curve balls upon the first usage of a word:

Hos 9:7 The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

And just because The Lord is Spirit, spiritual is not necessarily a good thing, for we also read:

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

So we find there is spiritual wickedness, moreover, we read that there is none that are good, no not one, and that even our righteousness is as filthy rags.

However, when one is covered by His righteousness, His peace, then we are seen as He is seen.

Provided, of course, you believe in the tenets of Christianity. FYI, Jesus was not a christian. I wonder what he'd think of it?

The former portion of your statement is, well, axiomatic, duh ! while the later is in question, you are saying here, that Christ did not support His own statements ? That believing what He says is unbelievable because He was not Himself believing what He was saying ? That is ludicrous at best...

Of course, Christian means believing what Christ promoted, the creation, upright morals, the reason truth has been and is being undermined - Of course Christ is a Christian, in other words, Christ, above all else, exemplified the life of Christ.

Being that you asked the question, why not ask you for an answer? What do you think Christ would say that you don't think He believed in His Own Words ?

LOL

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/28/09 10:53 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/28/09 10:59 AM
There is much that the many will refuse, such as, The Word of God fulfilled in Paul ~

J. Smith certainly does not subscribe to the Holy Spirit inspired apostle who wrote in Colossians 1:25 that God chose him to be the vessel by which He would fulfill (Greek pleroo, "complete") the Word of God.

In order for Joe Smith's claims of new revelation to be correct, Paul's claim in Col 1:25 would have to be false - they can't both be true. So, in order for the LDS to be correct, the Bible once again must be regarded as erroneous. And if you can't trust part of an allegedly infallible book, there's no sound reason to trust any of it (there'd be simply no objective way of determining which parts, if any, can be trusted). Which, by direct and inescapable implication, indicts the God who inspired it either of error, weakness or duplicity, any one of which once again renders Him less than completely trustworthy, which the Bible says He is. Try as I might to think outside the box, this is where I always end up if the logic of the Mormon position (and others) is carried out to its reasonable end...I end up with a God who cannot be trusted.

Yet, Paul (and it would be Paul, if anyone) nowhere gives any indication that God had a SECOND body of truth (i.e., BoM, etc) which would be coming along later. As far as divine revelation is concerned, the Pauline mystery (see Romans 16:25; Eph 3:8-9) is IT. Done. Finito. Amen.

Paul was led by the HS to say the following:

1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

So in Colossians 1:25, where it is written, that God chose him to be the vessel by which He would fulfill (Greek pleroo, "complete") the Word of God. That's what he did - with the revelation of the mystery [secret] given to him, God had nothing more to say. Many cannot and will not believe that, of course, nor will a growing majority of prots. But that's what Paul said. Neither some other church, nor Rome with it's Marian revelations, Pentecostals, Urantia, Mohammad, Buddha, or anyone else gives me ONE ATOM OF HARD EVIDENCE to change my mind.

Here is a Bible QUOTE for YOU ALL ! ! !
"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you."
Joh 16:12-14

Guess who the HS gave to guide everyone?

Well, we don't have to guess, the HS has provided us with the correct answer:

Paul said in Colossians 1:25 that God chose Paul to be the vessel by which He would fulfill (Greek pleroo, "complete") the Word of God.

That's what Paul did - with the revelation of the mystery [secret] given to him, God had nothing more to say.

As far as divine revelation is concerned, the Pauline mystery (see Romans 16:25; Eph 3:8-9) is IT.

The apostles of the circumcision only spoke of what they had heard and seen. None received divine revelation and spoke about it except John, and he wasn't instructed to write about it until the isl of Patmos imprisonment much later, which is also addressed to the Jews, as he too, is an apostle to the circumcision.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/28/09 10:44 AM
Extortionware - I've been calling it ransomeware, lol.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/28/09 10:40 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/28/09 10:41 AM
Only one port needs to be open, and that is the one your torrent client is using. I have tested more than a few clients, and personally use Utorrent, turning on forced encryption. It really doesn't matter anymore if they are using a certain port, say 8118 for example, what matters with the better torrent clients is that the port our client is using is open. Still though, you know, seeds and piers are essential for speed and whatnot...

When the torrent client is not in use, the ports forwarded should be turned back off, otherwise, I could see you; or, my robot actually - if I were some malicious type of hacker...but I'm not !

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/28/09 10:31 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/28/09 10:34 AM
HulloThar,

speaking of ram, there is also something to be aware of when getting our computers up to their optimum personalities and abilities -

Adding ram is good because it give us more ability to use the resources. Resources have to do with overall speed.

The problem in thinking this through correctly comes when someone has a slower computer and hopes that adding ram will make if faster, and to a point this is correct, however, a slow computer chip, or front end bus chipset speed is the delimiter. Adding ram will certain help the pc to perform at it's maximum but it will not really make the pc faster.

When adding ram to a fast pc, now we can begin to see some real ability, however, Window$ does not know what you want to do with your pc, so they turn on everything, every service, every ability &c &c, and this is means that all kind of stuff is running that the user will never never ever use. So these things are running and running and running and, well - If these things are turned off, well, the pc will run faster, of course.

Moreover, a computer hacker doesn't really give any attention to anything that their printer doesn't spit out and say, hey, the robot (we) have searching for vulnerabilities is 'in'. And once they are in, they use these unused resources that YOU are NOT using, so you won't even see them controlling your pc until some future update breaks their injected software, THEN you experience more of a problem than, say, simply a slower pc. Instead, you EXPERIENCE the result of a program that is still running but now it is broken and breaking things.

Point is, more ram is good, but even that is under the umbrella of how many resources (overall computer speed) are available.

AndyBgood,

Hi man. We are only now seeing some of the big guns come out and pay for their certificates, but we can now think that others are to follow. A good site to visit for both audio and textual discourse is http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

Have a great day everyone...

sail2awe's photo
Sun 08/23/09 11:44 AM
the bus system is not unlike the roads in your town. 32 means that there are, essentially, 32 lanes of traffic, so, 64 would allow for twice as much traffic. up till recently there were not so many apps for the 64, because 64 bit OS demands a higher level of security and not so many were providing signing certificates, but now that it has been around for a year or two, more and more software vendors are paying for their certificates so that the 64 bit OS will recognize them. having 64 bit chip doesn't mean a thing unless you can access it via a 64 bit OS

sail2awe's photo
Sun 08/23/09 11:38 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Sun 08/23/09 11:41 AM
yep, metal door is possible, microwaves and cell phones also use the same frequencies as wireless - elevators, anything between that wireless router and your pc, like tons of metal framed windows &c &c. most modern routers have the ability to direct the signal as well, for a list of routers and how to interface with them, a nice site to be aware of is portforwarding.com

for great and wonderful perfect passwords, I would refer anyone to https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm

do not use wep, it can be cracked in less than one minute ! ! !

name the router something ominous, like, black hole, or, hacker trap, or dept homeland security, &c &c

sail2awe's photo
Sun 08/23/09 11:33 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Sun 08/23/09 11:35 AM
do a screen dump and open a photo editor, paint comes with windows, paste the screen print into paint, or your favorite photo editor, and crop the part you want to keep, goto file, save as, and whalah -

woops, I see andreajayne covered that, lol - silly me...

OR, you could get adobe reader pro ???

sail2awe's photo
Sun 08/23/09 11:28 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Sun 08/23/09 11:31 AM
I used mozilla for ever until recently I started getting "mozilla is no longer supported" messages and had to go to firefox

I havent had any problems with it at all

mozilla and firefox are the same thing . I don't understand ! ! !

To the thread, sometimes it is prudent to have the isp 'renew your ip address' - sounds like something flaky on the pole, however, sometimes cable splitters go bad, like, if one is going to the modem and also to the tv. best to have a dedicated line when possible.

sail2awe's photo
Sun 08/23/09 11:16 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Sun 08/23/09 11:23 AM
limewire is spyware, period - goto ovguide.com, one of my fav's is project free tv

now if you want to download what you are watching, then that is another thing, and additional thing, what you can do is install firefox at mozilla.com, then go back to mozilla.com and click on addons, you want to search for downloadhelper, all one word - install it, and it will give you the ability to download most movies/tv/whatever, to your pc (after it's installed, when media events are downloadable the 3 balls representing the downloader will turn colors and begin to spin - you want to click on the tiny arrow just to the right side of the spinning 3d balls), but you need something stronger than window$$ media player (safe assumption you are not running mac or linux here), you want vlc, which you can download at http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/1.0.1/win32/vlc-1.0.1-win32.exe , which is a download mirror for this great media player. When you install it, make sure all the boxes are checked. This player will play most anything, and not try to install any 3rd party software or toolbars or any of that crap.

sail2awe's photo
Sun 08/23/09 08:50 AM
3rd party cookies, and referer's being sent as well, are where banner ads, popups, and the like get their info, so disabling 3rd party cookies is one of the first things one should do when thinking about hardening their security

the fact is down by the clock is disturbing

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/21/09 01:07 PM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/21/09 01:24 PM

They got a couple of things right, hell is merely the grave, same word is translated hell, grave, and pit in the OT. Paul only used the word once, & that would be in 1 Cor.15.

They do not believe in one Lord. They do not believe that Christ is God manifest in the flesh fulfilling OT Scripture.

They do not believe they are overcomers who are to inherit the heavenly city, even though they quote the number of overcomers as being 144,000. They don't have an answer for having more than 144,000 members either.

The do not believe in taking the context of Scripture into account if it goes against their beliefs. They don't believe what Paul wrote, that with the revelation of the mystery (secret) that God's Word was completed. They believe that God does have more to say but only to them, so although they will quote Paul when it suits them, they don't believe what Paul writes anyways. And so they need to by default also dismiss what the other apostles wrote, seeing as how they upheld Paul's status as an apostle sent from God.

In other words, they contradict both themselves as well as Scripture.
They believe 144,000 will go to heaven and the "other sheep" the rest of them will live forever on a paradise earth. They do believe that GOD's word is complete. Revelation does speak of other scrolls that have yet to be open. I guess that remains to be seen. they belive that all scripture is inspired of GOD and beneficial for teaching,reproving and setting things straight. You mentioned Paul several times, are you Pentacostal? The bible says that Jehovah is God, and Jesus is his son.

That is not what they tell me when we talk, nor what their books pronounce, rather, they believe they will inherit the earth. Not heaven. The Bible does not reveal that everyone will be resurrected on the earth, nor in the heavenly city which comes down to the earth, nor up in the heavenly places. There are, in this Book, at least three spheres of blessing, each independent and with their own instructins and practice. It is the mixing of all these things together which causes so great a confusion, even though we have the instructions that there are 'better things', things 'more excellent', and to 'rightly divide the word of truth.

If some things are more excellent then they cannot be the same. Heaven is not the earth or the other way around.

These JW's do not even believe themselves to be overcomers who shall live in that heavenly city which comes down to the earth, no, they believe they inherit the earth in resurrection.

It is the meek, and not some other group who God has chosen and foreordained, who will inherit the earth. Other people have a different 'hope', 'calling', and 'adoption' (these three words are often found within immediate context of one another) - which God Himself has made different.

Earth
Heavenly City
up in the heavenly places

3 spheres of blessings. Nothing about going to heaven in the OT, nor in the Gospels, nor in the Acts of the apostles. Only after Acts do we find Paul a prisoner for all nations, whose inheritance adoption hope and calling are up in the heavenly places. God has made these division while man tries to make them all mean the same thing.

Revelation contains more than 285 OT quotes, bringing to light, revelation, that which has been written in the OT. Paul claims, on the other hand, to have a two fold ministry, and announces that God had kept a secret that only after Acts 28:28 sent the salvation of God to the nations but now is made known. It is this secret, called the mystery, which Paul claims was hid in God from generations of men and from ages of time is that which completes, Greek pleroo, completes the Word of God.

If we disregard Paul's Holy Spirit inspired writing then we must also disregard all the other apostles because they stood of for Paul's apostleship. Moreover, Paul wrote more than half of the NT.

Paul was not one of the apostles of Pentecost, and Paul continued in persecuting that church for years and years.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/21/09 11:20 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/21/09 11:31 AM
I hear ya, still, it's got to be fairly obvious that anyone who doesn't know or want to know what the subject matter is of any given subject will have more than just a little difficulty in digging deeper into that subject, in this case, what is actually written.

Everyone has the right to make it up as they go along with all their own feelings and everything like that, and even to form opinions traditions and interpretations which are in direct conceptional conflict with that which is written, however I don't believe that is any reason to alter that which is written. People do it all the time, they don't believe that which is written and say, well I like this, or, I don't like that. Does that change what is actually written though ? Of course not.

For example, I didn't like math so much, but my opinion was of no value on the subject.

I mean, when one takes that approach in most any endeavor, rather than learning the instructions, given interpretation, and then practicing them, the result is failure in most instances.

This particular Book concerns our consummate failure as well as the perspective of One who cannot fail, and in that we are instructed of those deeper things wherein we can have a real hope, and perhaps if pay attention enough and do those things which constitutes real obedience, we might see a reward in view; something more than the free gift.

Of course, there is no way to practice the instructions if we don't know what they are, or, change them to mean something that we feel more comfortable with. You wouldn't want me to give you eye surgery if I had my own ideas about it and failed to take in all that is written in the instructions about it. Many leaders in the so called church do this all the time...what they say sounds good, makes me feel comfortable - but what is actually written ?

If The Lord had simply left it those who cannot reach up and know Him, then all we would be left with is our own ideas, but we aren't left to guess. We have actual instructions on the instructions as well as what the practice should look like in His eyes. Of course, it is essentially wrong and incorrect to mix up one peoples instructions with someone elses instruction - and we see this so prevalently that it is discouraging for both those who desire to understand what the words mean as well as those who have their own opinion while not really concerned with what the words mean or say.

This is a great and recognized problem. We call them denominations, which comes from a Greek word meaning divisions.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/21/09 07:00 AM
I can live with that, however it is always nice to be able to look it up where one get's their information from. That's the difference between what it says and what we think it says you know...inventions.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/21/09 06:48 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/21/09 06:51 AM
Well, when using symbolism, this particular Book tells us what the symbols mean.

Many have the desire that in every verse all the words would be explained again for them. But this is not realistic at all. We don't see that expectation when studying math or science, so how can we expect that the entire set of definitions be given again in every verse? It's simply not realistic. What is realistic is that we might remember the instructions we are given and then to apply them when the context, the subject, and the grammatical object, are acknowledged and then followed through to completion.

(I make no assumptions on behalf of your position)

I can say, however, that anyone who is not intimately familiar with the subject matter of any given subject, would have a difficult time convincing anyone but themselves of their predetermined position, whether that be The Bible, math, anatomy, or a host of other subjects.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/21/09 06:42 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/21/09 06:44 AM
Christ Himself was very much against religion, and when we look at the word spiritual, well, it's not that great for man to be so; let's look at the first occurrence in Scripture, as The Lord does not throw us curve balls upon the first usage of a word:

Hos 9:7 The days of visitation are come, the days of recompence are come; Israel shall know it: the prophet is a fool, the spiritual man is mad, for the multitude of thine iniquity, and the great hatred.

And just because The Lord is Spirit, spiritual is not necessarily a good thing, for we also read:

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

So we find there is spiritual wickedness, moreover, we read that there is none that are good, no not one, and that even our righteousness is as filthy rags.

However, when one is covered by His righteousness, His peace, then we are seen as He is seen.

sail2awe's photo
Fri 08/21/09 06:30 AM
Edited by sail2awe on Fri 08/21/09 06:36 AM
It is my experience that The Bible interprets itself. Do you find some Biblical instructions for changing the words? Please share them so I can look them up.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

This does not mean that license is provided to change the words or the meaning of words, after all, The Bible does not use Websters, in fact English was only invented in the 1500's, so if we wish to be able to acknowledge what the Words mean, we have to do what the instructions tell us to do, study, &c &c...

In every instance, when we read that the people reason amongst themselves, it is very very bad.

Psa 106:39 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

Ecc 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man (morally)upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Previous 1 3